Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowboy QB Tony Romo Enjoys Las Vegas

Sweets Guest

Default Cowboy QB Tony Romo Enjoys Las Vegas

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...o.3731ec1.html

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo didn't win the American Century Celebrity golf tournament, but he enjoyed being part of the star-studded field for the first time.
    One of the highlights of Romo's weekend in Lake Tahoe was tossing a pass to future Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice. After playing partner Carson Palmer of the Bengals completed a pass to a spectator standing on a boat, Romo hit Rice on a short route off the 17th tee.
    TOM FOX / DMN
    Tony Romo, shown trying to qualify for the U.S. Open, finished 11th in this weekend's celebrity event.

"That was exciting. I kind of took a little off to make sure it was accurate," Romo said. "Jerry is the best to ever play the game at the wide receiver position, so just being around him was a lot of fun."
    Romo had a 5-over-par 77 and 13 total points in his opening round on Friday at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course, bordering Lake Tahoe. However, Romo shot the second-lowest round on Saturday with a 4-under 68 and finished 11th after a 77 on Sunday. He finished one place behind former Stars' right wing Brett Hull.
    "For me, it was just getting comfortable with the course," Romo said. "I'd never really played here before. I played one practice round, and I just put myself in a couple of bad spots that I really didn't know about."
    Former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Chris Chandler won the 54-hole tournament by firing a final-round 67. His 78 points in the Stableford scoring format were 24 more than Romo.
    Romo's other playing partners over the weekend were Hall of Fame QB John Elway, ex-Texas Tech quarterback Billy Joe Tolliver and former All-Pro receiver Sterling Sharpe.

"Just hanging out with all the guys and just kind of picking their brains and hearing some of their stories [was thrilling]," Romo said.
    Romo said he isn't considering making golf his next career.
    "For me, it's just something I like to do in the off-season," Romo said. "It gives me a chance to be competitive in the off-season."

I bet watching Carson Palmer throw that football to a spectator helped show Romo what a "good" QB can do...Yeah ok, I don't like Romo or the Cowboys for that matter...can you tell??? :naughty:

What goes on in Vagas stays in Vagas...or so I've heard.

His girlfriend is hot!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    His girlfriend is hot!

PHAT eh?

Sweets Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    His girlfriend is hot!

whos his girl?
    :character00112:

What's her name sweets?

Sweets Guest

Carrie Underwood...

shes hot...
    :character00112:

Carrie is definitely hot. Romo definitely outkicked his coverage with that pickup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast