Thread: Yahoo News : Edwards: Chiefs will compete in '09 (AP)

Default Yahoo News : Edwards: Chiefs will compete in '09 (AP)

Whether he's their head coach or not, Herm Edwards sees a contender taking shape in Kansas City in the very near future. "I see them competing next year," the embattled coach of the 2-13 Chiefs said in what may be his last regular-season Tuesday news conference. "I think this is going to be a good football team next year.

More...

I finally agree with Herm. The Chiefs will compete in 09'.

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Bologna! He just wants to save his job. 85% = 2 wins? Worst pass rush in NFL history. Worst record in franchise history. Empty stands. There are more people at the Lions games! And half the people show up to root for the other time. I went to the Chargers\Chiefs game and people were booing the Chiefs and cheering the Chargers. No one believes in this team (or at least not enough to give you a significant home field advantage that we need). And let's face it, the stupidest coaching staff ever. They could make better judgment flipping a coin. The only way they will compete is to clean out the front office and start over like the Dolphins and Falcons. Remember when the front office told us the Chiefs were going to compete for a playoff stop THIS YEAR? If the season was 5 games long 2 wins would not compete for a playoff spot. I'm sick of hearing this!

Starting lineup:
    Thigpen-Questionable
    Johnson-Old criminal who wants to leave
    Cox-Questionable
    Bowe-Good player
    Bradley-Good player but has not been consistent
    Gonzalez-Old guy who wants to leave
    Albert-Good player
    Waters-Good player
    Niswanger-Questionable
    Jones-Questionable
    McIntosh-Questionable (I think he's good but no one else seems to)

Hali-Questionable (After this season)
    Dorsey-Questionable
    McBride-Terrible
    Tyler-Terrible
    Edwards-Old, injured, and questionable
    Johnson-Acceptable
    Bioman-Good player
    Flowers-Good player
    Carr-Developing
    Pollard-Great run stopper but struggles a little in coverage
    Page-Good player

Barth-Questionable
    Colquitt-Good player
    Robinson-Bad player

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

I'll bet he has some excuse for when he makes this a bad team next year if he stays.

Barth 4TW!!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.S. View Post
    Bologna! He just wants to save his job. 85% = 2 wins? Worst pass rush in NFL history. Worst record in franchise history. Empty stands. There are more people at the Lions games! And half the people show up to root for the other time. I went to the ChargersChiefs game and people were booing the Chiefs and cheering the Chargers. No one believes in this team (or at least not enough to give you a significant home field advantage that we need). And let's face it, the stupidest coaching staff ever. They could make better judgment flipping a coin. The only way they will compete is to clean out the front office and start over like the Dolphins and Falcons. Remember when the front office told us the Chiefs were going to compete for a playoff stop THIS YEAR? If the season was 5 games long 2 wins would not compete for a playoff spot. I'm sick of hearing this!

Starting lineup:
    Thigpen-Questionable
    Johnson-Old criminal who wants to leave
    Cox-Questionable
    Bowe-Good player...
    Bowe could use some improvement in the consisteancy department as well IMO.