Thread: Love the chiefs!

Default Love the chiefs!

I see things differently. I've made up with my mom at thanksgiving, this christmas I'm came to terms with the fact that my nephew Fred(18 or 19 years old) who just entered the marines will be deployed in a few months and he is not worried.
    And of course, there are my chiefs who have been doing rather poorly. Someone aspired me to try to be more positive but can just my voice and a few other voices on here count?

This is supposed to be the chiefs' crowd, a site dedicated to hardcore chiefs' fans but all we do is tear down the very people that made the chiefs great when they were great, as well as some players. I've done some of the tearing down - this I admit, so I know I'm not one to call the kettle black.
    I could just not say anything but this is supposed to be all about our love for the chiefs but it seems that everyone wants wins and when the chiefs are doing badly like this season we want to point fingers at the office people like Carl Peterson and HC Herm E. This I know I've done too.
    Carl Peterson was there when the chiefs were doing great and a force to be reckoned with, and he saw the chiefs slowly slide down to this year's season. He is gone now, I'm not sure if that was a good thing but we will find out next year. Could they ever find a Pres./GM/CEO that could match what he has done over the years?
    With how many thousands(?) of people that have been on here, what is the possibilty that any chiefs players have been on here(under an alias, of course). If any players have been on here, what impression do you think we have made on them? Maybe they take this season as a loss since we do and they just don't care what happens. Sure that may effect their employment but oh well.
    Someone pointed out to me that this site is so negative when the chiefs are having a bad season. Let's try harder to see the good. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Of course, I know that is easier said than done but please try - I will try too. Maybe a little less negativity will be just what the chiefs need to elevate their confidence.

GO CHIEFS GO
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I will always love our Chiefs!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I, too, will always love our Chiefs, and admit that Carl Peterson was instrumental in developing a dominant decade of Chiefs football. The trouble is that the dominance I speak of was a decade ago. Many, me included, believe that his removal came a decade too late. I'm not opposed to being positive, nor am I opposed to negativity when voicing one's true and honest opinion here; what tends to drive me, as a mod, nuts is when members can't seem to do so without tearing into each other. As far as the players potentially visiting the site under an alias goes; they are welcomed and in fact encouraged to do so to voice their own opinions and points of view. However, I will not endorse "Homerism" over "Reality" or vice-versa; everyone is free to speak their mind - all I ask is that they do so respectfully with regard to each other.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 12-27-2008 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I will always love our Chiefs!
    I never meant that you didn't. That is why we are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I, too, will always love our Chiefs, and admit that Carl Peterson was instrumental in developing a dominant decade of Chiefs football. The trouble is that the dominance I speak of was a decade ago. Many, me included, believe that his removal came a decade too late. I'm not opposed to being positive, nor am I opposed to negativity when voicing one's true and honest opinion here; what tends to drive me, as a mod, nuts is when members can't seem to do so without tearing into each other. As far as the players potentially visiting the site under an alias goes; they are welcomed and in fact encouraged to do so to voice their own opinions and points of view. However, I will not endorse "Homerism" over "Reality" or vice-versa; everyone is free to speak their mind - all I ask is that they do so respectfully with regard to each other.
    I do admit that Peterson did over stay past his time of glory. I guess Lamar Hunt also had emotions attached to Carl and couldn't find it in him to quit lengthening his contract. About the negativity, I've been a part of that as well. Yes people should be able to put there opinions out there, good or bad. Nothing has been really bad after I might post but if there is I'll just ignore the meanness.

I don't want to start a fight or pick up someone else's gauntlet. That doesn't make me a coward, it just means that there more important moments to fight for what one believes or is pi$$ed off about.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Any player that straps on that Chiefs helmet will always be a Chief in my eyes, no matter how tough the season or short the journey.

Here is a positive: It may look bad now, but we have laid a foundation for this team comprised of players that will probably be in the league for a long time. Players that some of whom will probably have great success and achievements in the NFL.

We lost 7 games (I believe) by a TD or less last year. This team just hadn't been potty-trained yet and couldn't keep from pooping on themselves. That will change as it is something that can be learned via experience, training, and practice.

Harbor no illusions, we still need to upgrade personnel in some spots but we are much farther along than we were at this point last year, IMHO. (Even though we have two less wins than a year ago).
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Here is a positive: It may look bad now, but we have laid a foundation for this team comprised of players that will probably be in the league for a long time. Players that some of whom will probably have great success and achievements in the NFL.
    Here is another positive, that they ended2008 better than they began.
    We lost 7 games (I believe) by a TD or less last year. This team just hadn't been potty-trained yet and couldn't keep from pooping on themselves. That will change as it is something that can be learned via experience, training, and practice.
    Most likely after spring training they will men instead of babies and they will know how to play third and fourth quarters.
    Harbor no illusions, we still need to upgrade personnel in some spots but we are much farther along than we were at this point last year, IMHO. (Even though we have two less wins than a year ago).
    I agree, and I'm thinking that next season they will shine with what they learned in 2008 and in spring training.
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 01-09-2009 at 04:49 PM.

I would love to read some more optimism. Unfortuantely,2-14 doesn't breed much optimism. When we go 19-0 next year, then there will be HUGE optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I would love to read some more optimism. Unfortuantely,2-14 doesn't breed much optimism. When we go 19-0 next year, then there will be HUGE optimism.
    2-14 does makes it hard to be optimistic. Especially when its obvious that the chiefs have difficulty doing anything after halftime.
    We have a new season coming up. Anything can happen!
    I am positive they will do better even if they have a losing record(anything 7-8 or worse. I don't think that they will ever get down to 2-14 ever again, at least not in my lifetime.