Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need a sexy 1st round pick

Default We need a sexy 1st round pick

I think the chiefs need to completely ditch the idea of drafting out of need in the first round. If we did that, we'd be taking an OT, DL or LB and we would never get the value we'd want out of him. DJ, Dorsey and Hali are all solid players but they aren't worth the first round money we pay them. This is probably going to be the last year before they have the rookie cap so we need to make sure this pick counts. If we're going to be shelling out $60mil. + for a player then it needs to be for someone like Crabtree, Bradford, Tebow or a gamebreaking RB. I kind of like Crabtree because I honestly think he's the best complete reciever I've seen in a long time and he never drops the ball. He's the kind of player you pay a crapload of money for.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

If we pick 2nd then it's the best player available, worth the huge contract they are gonna get. IMO, Mr. Crabtree out of Tecas Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    IF Crabtree was a little faster I would be all over him, but If his projected speed is correct then I think he will loose a lot of his advantage in the NFL from College.

Maybe trade LJ away and draft the top RB if you want a sexy pick hehehe.

I say trade down and pick up Rey M. or Duke Robinson.
    What? He may not have the best 40 time (like Flowers) but you can tell he has plenty of speed. He may not be a track runner, but his speed and quickness on the field is more than enough to succeed in the NFL.
    And as for trading down, the fact is, when a new GM comes in, he's going to go after that #2 pick. GMs don't come in and trade away their picks. I'm not saying we should draft Crabtree because he's the best player available. I'm saying we draft him because 1. He has the potential to be not just good but GREAT 2. Tony G. is probably done and 3. DBowe is useless when he's the only option and he's pretty damn good when nobody is paying attention to him. Look at how much better he's played since Bradley has been in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Still think Thigpen is the man and the spread is the way to go.
    NO FREAKIN WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After today you would have to be smokin crack to think so.

We haven't won in Cincy since 1984. This had nothing to do with the QB or the offense.

I don't care what they decide to run as long as the organization makes the right decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    We haven't won in Cincy since 1984. This had nothing to do with the QB or the offense.

I don't care what they decide to run as long as the organization makes the right decisions.
    Yep. We need a coach.
    SHUT IT

Crabtree's not the fastest, but he will catch everything..everything. I don't think Thig's THE answer, but I do think he's the 2-3yr answer. Until our O-Line can hold up a pocket passer, Thigs the guy for our success.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    Crabtree's not the fastest, but he will catch everything..everything. I don't think Thig's THE answer, but I do think he's the 2-3yr answer. Until our O-Line can hold up a pocket passer, Thigs the guy for our success.
    I agree. We will not know what way the new GM will go, but I will pretty much agree with whatever direction because we have so many needs. We have to be smart about the draft and if he wants Crabtree, Curry, or a lineman, I'll have to agree (I do not get much say in the matter). Thigpen does not seem like the answer, but with the potential that he has displayed, why not give him a chance. He can hold the spot a year or two until the rest of the team can be ready for a quarterback to come in and take over. I think this season we wait on quarterback but the new GM may want to draft a QB to establish the team he wants.

I think Thigpen has earned another shot at being the starter for KC. I thought about Crabtree and that would be a "sexy" Pick. Then we could get Bradford who if he dominates in the NC will be a very sexy pick. Stafford BLEH I dont like him and think he would be horrible in KC right now. Me personally would like to see Crabtree or Orapko a beast DE from the university of Texas. I really like Rey Mauluaga and yeah im sure i spelled that wrong lol but I think we need so much but I do not want to become the lions and draft WR just because they are "sexy" I mean think about nabbing a defensive beast ot dominating tackle with the first rounder then in the second round or third round and grab Tebow or take a strecth and grab harrell or Daniels ? I mean come on they are decent QB's and in my opinion thats not our biggest need, matter of fact we have so man im not sure what is.

Crabtree
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.48.

Randy Moss
    6-4 210
    40-4.25 (college)

Terrel Owens
    6-3 218
    40-4.36 (college)

Calvin Johnson
    6-5 239
    40-4.33 (college)

Roy Williams
    6-3 211
    40-4.37 (college)

Andre Johnson
    6-3 223
    40-4.32 (college)

These are just a few WR's with Crabtree type size, but seem to be a steep faster coming out of college. I'm sure Crabtree will be a GREAT nfl player I'm just worried a little about his speed when you compare him to other great WR's that are his size.

Yeah. That's what a 2-14 team needs, is SEXY! Ask Matt Millen about that concept, would ya?

How are those Lions, with all of those SEXY picks?

(Pssst. Those SEXY picks have all petered-out.)
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I don't think any NFL team can win with the spread, but I do think this guy can be our QB. Just need to put some pieces in place to run a better offense. Starts with building a line like we had 5 or 6 years ago. Once that foundation is in place, Thig could do a lot from under center and the shotgun. But strictly a spread isn't going to cut it. Can't even get a first down agains the Bungles.
    Yeah, looking at the evidence, with the '07-'09 Patriots and Cowboys, along with the '09 Dolphins and Chiefs certainly sells that viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Still think Thigpen is the man and the spread is the way to go.
    NO FREAKIN WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After today you would have to be smokin crack to think so.
    Hey! The offense had one down game, so let's scrap it!

Really?

And might as well retire that QB, with his 17/12 TDs/INT, 75.8 QB Rating and 55% Completion Percentage!

Really?

And anyone who believes different is on crack?

Really?

I've had enough of this. I have to go buy me a glass pipe somewhere.

Chuck? Can you tell me a good place to shop for one?

Honestly, maybe the Spread-Offense is just a fad, and NFL teams will figure it out soon. But they haven't yet.

You are acting as if this single game counters all of the success of the Spread Offense over the past two seasons.

And, while I may have my own doubts about Thigpen, He has done far better, over the past 10 games than anyone else did, spanning the previous twenty games.

He does deserve some credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah. That's what a 2-14 team needs, is SEXY! Ask Matt Millen about that concept, would ya?

How are those Lions, with all of those SEXY picks?

(Pssst. Those SEXY picks have all petered-out.)
    There was nothing wrong with the guys the Lions picked. Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson are tremendous talents. They made the mistake of wasting so many high picks on WR and not giving them anyone to throw them the ball (plus, they never developed any other position on the field). The biggest difference between the Chiefs right now and the Lions in recent years is that we have a foundation set that we can build in FA. We are in more need of a marquee player than, oh say, another tackle. The Lions never had a foundation and they just kept drafting players that would sell jerseys. And you can have the greatest reciever of all time, put him on an ****ty team with no QB and he becomes pretty average (I'm talkin' about Jerry Rice and the Raiders).
    As for all this BS about Crabtree's speed, he's faster than 4.48. You can tell just by watching him. Some guys don't have the mechanics of running a 40 down so they lose a tenth of a second or so. Even still, it doesn't matter because he's got amazing quickness and that, in the long run, usually is more important than track speed. Just as Tony G. He's not fast at all but he can get open, even against CBs because he's quick and he runs strong routes... all of which Crabtree does just as good, if not better.
    Last edited by Nel Toille; 12-29-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast