Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need a sexy 1st round pick

Default We need a sexy 1st round pick

I think the chiefs need to completely ditch the idea of drafting out of need in the first round. If we did that, we'd be taking an OT, DL or LB and we would never get the value we'd want out of him. DJ, Dorsey and Hali are all solid players but they aren't worth the first round money we pay them. This is probably going to be the last year before they have the rookie cap so we need to make sure this pick counts. If we're going to be shelling out $60mil. + for a player then it needs to be for someone like Crabtree, Bradford, Tebow or a gamebreaking RB. I kind of like Crabtree because I honestly think he's the best complete reciever I've seen in a long time and he never drops the ball. He's the kind of player you pay a crapload of money for.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Havne't seen much of him but just watched some Highlights and i like what i see. Granted they are highlights but i noticed he doesn't juke much he just runs and gets more yards. When he gets hit he doesn't go right down and usually falls forward for a couple more yards. He's fast. And he already runs out of the Spread/Pistol. With Him, Bowe, LJ, and Thigpen i definetly think they would move the ball and score some points!! I kind like the idea of picking him up. I'm not to in tune with the draft but i see alot of people saying there are no good DE's or LB's that should be taken at the 3rd spot so maybe this would be the best pick for us. The get DE or LB in free agency and maybe another 2nd round or so. I don't think our OL is as bad as it's made to be anymore. They showed ALOT of improvement and out of the Spread and with Thigpen he didn't get sacked much at all. Maybe get a McIntosh replacement in FA or 3rd round. Definetly think our first priority is DE and LB but with the third pick i wouldn't reach for one and get the BPA which will probably be crabtree
    Last edited by fairladyZ; 12-27-2008 at 06:15 PM.

Red face When I saw sexy...

My mind went in the gutter..the season is not over and.. ***Sorry! Not allowed.*** Me bad :}
    Last edited by chief31; 12-27-2008 at 08:37 PM.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Can we draft a coach?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

No! $$ Save tha $$$
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

i would be happy with Crabtree. It would certainly give us some deep threat potential, and alongside Bowe we could have a similar situation to Arizona. I think we will need another weapon for the offense when/if Tony gets traded.....But i dont see us ending up with Crabtree... Plus if that were to happen, our defense would still suck

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Can we draft a coach?
    That would be nice.

Crabtree will probably be there at 3 unless the Lions keep brain-farting. This would give the Chiefs the best opportunity to trade down. The problem is that everyone knows the Chiefs won't take Crabtree, so they'll probably be negotiating a trade down with the team behind the Chiefs to grab him because he'll be cheaper there.

If I couldn't trade down and get the guy i want, I'd have to take the guy with the highest value even if he doesn't fill a team need and perhaps try and trade him later. Crabtree might be the best player available to the Chiefs at 3. I don't know quite yet.

Default QB's Thin

OK........I know the QB's are a bit thin in the college ranks, but do all of you really beleive that Thigpen is the answer and do you really beleive we can run the spread and win?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    OK........I know the QB's are a bit thin in the college ranks, but do all of you really beleive that Thigpen is the answer and do you really beleive we can run the spread and win?
    The spread in the NFL isn't nearly as developed as it is in College. Teams haven't drafted or signed players to effectively run the system yet. I hear people saying it wouldn't work in the NFL, but I think it would. NFL teams are only allowed to carry 53 players on their roster. If most of the teams in the NFL are currently built to play against traditional offenses, they won't be equipped to defend the spread for an entire game because they wouldn't have the secondary depth necessary to sustain the same level of defense for an entire game... even if the NFL coaches DO figure out how to defend it. I doubt they'll be able to do it expeditiously considering college teams have been running it for years and nobody has been able to figure it out yet. Some people say that NFL coaches could figure it out, but I have my doubts. There isn't much difference in game knowledge and creativity between the two levels... if any.

Miami has run the spread offense since week 3 and they've already won 10 games and made Chad Pennington relevant again... not to mention what the system has done for the Chiefs' O-line and their rookie QB. If you give Gailey and the offense and entire off season to work with and develop the offensive system, I think it could be quite potent. It might be a "bridge" offense until the O-line is completely built and can perform in a traditional offense. But I do think that Thigpen has earned the chance to be THE GUY for at least one year.

I can tell you this much though... I'd rather have Thigpen for another year than commit a #3 pick and a huge contract for Stafford or Bradford and risk them busting on (perhaps) the final year of HUGE rookie contracts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast