Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: (Scenario 2) New GM, Herm goes

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default (Scenario 2) New GM, Herm goes


    0 Not allowed!
    There's all this talk about what's going to happen in free agency and the draft. It really is a waste of time when so much still has to be decided. It's obvious that there's only two things that can happen here. Either the new GM keeps Herm or gets rid of him. In scenario 2, the new GM fires Herm.

    This thread is for ideas if the Chiefs fire Herm.
    Who is the new GM?
    Who is the new Coach
    Who is on his staff?
    What offensive system do they go with?
    Who plays QB?
    Who gets cut, traded and signed?
    Who gets drafted to fill needs?

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I know it's all speculation at this point, but I guess I'll take a whack at it.

    This thread is for ideas if the Chiefs fire Herm.
    Who is the new GM? Scott Pioli, VP of Player Personnel of NE
    Who is the new Coach? Josh Daniels, offensive coordinator of NE or Steve Spagnuolo, defensive coordinator of NYG (the way I see it, the new head coach will be a first time head coach if Pioli is chosen)
    Who is on his staff? No idea. Too hard to tell. But more than likely Gunther will be gone. Chan Gailey will probably stay though.
    What offensive system do they go with? Depends on the draft, but I see the Chiefs continuing the spread/pistol for another season, at least until they can clean up the defense
    Who plays QB? Thigpen (I may be biased on this one because I think Thigpen deserves one season to prove what he can do, especially if he has competent coaching.
    Who gets cut, traded and signed? Probably more purging of the older/veteran players. Sadly, Donnie Edwards will retire. McIntosh, Surtain, Ron Edwards, Huard should be gone. Croyle might stay at a low price, who knows. I like Gray as a backup QB, he serves the part well. The Chiefs will probably not re-sign Webb, since I barely see him on the field anymore. Niswanger will re-sign as a back-up, but may compete for a starting position. Kolby Smith will re-sign cheap because he is not starting material yet. I think Tony will stay, especially if Thigpen is the QB. LJ will be traded, but the Chiefs may only get a third round.
    As for players to sign for FA,
    Terrell Suggs, DE
    Jonathan Vilma, ILB
    An O-line player of some sort: the Chiefs would hit big if they can get either Jason Peters, Jordan Gross, or Vernon Carey, in that order

    Of course if the Chiefs add Haynesworth, Asomugha, or a receiver would be nice for the Chiefs but not a necessity
    Who gets drafted to fill needs?
    1.Either OLB Aaron Curry or ILB Rey Maualuga
    2. OC Alex Mack
    3. the best OT/OG still on the board, depth for now, but competition for a starting position, however, changes if the Chiefs can add one through free agency. If so, then probably a DE to throw in a rotation or BPA. The Chiefs have a lot of needs

    The Chiefs may need to draft a big back or every-down back after the third or with the pick taken from the LJ trade. It is hard to say that Smith or Charles can take the starting role yet, but a three headed running attack will work well, especially if the O-line is improved during the offseason.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    ENTER:

    Shonn Greene, RB
    Height: 5-11. Weight: 235.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
    Projected Round (2009): 3-4

    With that 3rd pick for a BIG RB to replace LJ.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,162
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    There's all this talk about what's going to happen in free agency and the draft. It really is a waste of time when so much still has to be decided. It's obvious that there's only two things that can happen here. Either the new GM keeps Herm or gets rid of him. In scenario 2, the new GM fires Herm.

    This thread is for ideas if the Chiefs fire Herm.
    Who is the new GM?
    Who is the new Coach
    Who is on his staff?
    What offensive system do they go with?
    Who plays QB?
    Who gets cut, traded and signed?
    Who gets drafted to fill needs?

    Lets say Marty gets the GM job, Marty and Bill C. are very close, question is will Bill C come out of retirement for Marty? I think they may take a QB in the draft but will also pick up a vet. QB in the off season. So many questions, but it will all come down to who is picked as the Chiefs new GM. Herm must go no matter what.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    No way with all the holes we have, do you take a QB in the first 4 rounds. OL, DL, LB's. Or trade a high pick for a OL, DL or LB. We've got to get a foundation on both sides of the ball. We run the spread because we can't block. We're the worst pass rush defense in NFL History because our DL suks. And we rotate LB like I change underware. Until we solve those areas, new QB, RB, WR, etc won't make a bit of difference. The second comming of Super Joe couldn't do anything with the line we have. Games are won in the trenches and we're 2 - 14! Should be enough said.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,011
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Lets say Marty gets the GM job, Marty and Bill C. are very close, question is will Bill C come out of retirement for Marty? I think they may take a QB in the draft but will also pick up a vet. QB in the off season. So many questions, but it will all come down to who is picked as the Chiefs new GM. Herm must go no matter what.
    I think there is a real chance Marty being our new GM. Lot of talk going on with Pioli going to Cleveland. If anyone can get Cowher here, maybe Marty can. But if he can't, who will he bring in? I sure hope it wouldn't be Brian.
    SHUT IT

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,210
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    No way with all the holes we have, do you take a QB in the first 4 rounds. OL, DL, LB's. Or trade a high pick for a OL, DL or LB. We've got to get a foundation on both sides of the ball. We run the spread because we can't block. We're the worst pass rush defense in NFL History because our DL sucks. And we rotate LB like I change underware. Until we solve those areas, new QB, RB, WR, etc won't make a bit of difference. The second comming of Super Joe couldn't do anything with the line we have. Games are won in the trenches and we're 2 - 14! Should be enough said.
    Excellent post!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I think there is a real chance Marty being our new GM. Lot of talk going on with Pioli going to Cleveland. If anyone can get Cowher here, maybe Marty can. But if he can't, who will he bring in? I sure hope it wouldn't be Brian.
    I'm sure Romeo Crennel is praying that Pioli goes to Cleveland. That is probably his only shot at staying in Cleveland.


  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm slowly putting my staff together.

    GM- George Kokonis
    HC- Jim Schwartz
    DC- Romeo Crennel
    OC- Chan Gailey
    OL- Mike Solari
    WR-
    QB-
    RB-

    DL-
    LB- Ken Norton Jr.
    DB-

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm slowly putting my staff together.

    GM- George Kokonis
    HC- Jim Schwartz
    DC- Romeo Crennel
    OC- Chan Gailey
    OL- Mike Solari
    WR-
    QB-
    RB-

    DL-
    LB- Ken Norton Jr.
    DB-

    You gotts keep Eric Price and David Gibbs as the Receivers and DB's coaches. They are the only position coaches that we have that are worth a sh!t. Also if you put Romeo as the D-Coordinator then we have to play 3-4 defense. I dont like that. Jim Schwartz as HC? Geeze Tex, your really goin out on a limb right here.


    CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,768
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    You gotts keep Eric Price and David Gibbs as the Receivers and DB's coaches. They are the only position coaches that we have that are worth a sh!t. Also if you put Romeo as the D-Coordinator then we have to play 3-4 defense. I dont like that. Jim Schwartz as HC? Geeze Tex, your really goin out on a limb right here.
    Crennel did a great job in New England, which put him in the position to get the Browns' head coaching job. But you're right. He WOULD run a 3-4. I'm not too big on that defense either.

    Jim Schwartz would've already been the HC for the Titans if Fisher wasn't so stable. Very few years do you ever see the Titans defense floundering around the bottom of the league. The Titans are consistently a top 10 defense. While Herm Edwards says his forte is defense, Schwartz has PROVEN that he's a defensive minded coach. He's a great talent evaluator and I think I'd much rather have a coach in here who hasn't already establish a ceiling for himself like Shanahan or Cowher. We KNOW what those two coaches can do with a prolonged tenure as a head coach. Shanahan builds .500 teams and Cowher builds perennial playoff contenders.

    I'm looking for a guy who could build perennial championship contenders.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •