Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL on FOX Sports

Hybrid View

Default NFL on FOX Sports

Ok, word is Marty has already had a meeting with Clark for the GM spot, your thoughts?

I think Marty would be a good GM. He's proven that in Cleveland, KC and San Diego. I wouldn't mind letting him continue to rebuild this team. If he IS hired, I'm not sure he'd be here to clean house. Herm coached on his staff in the 90's. Gunther was his DC. I don't think he'd necessarily change too much. His player evaluations are second to none. He's great at identifying talent.

I think that Marty would be a good GM, but I hope we get someone who will rid us of Herm.

pretty hard to fine a better football mind. a no-nonsense guy. always liked him and he did us right the last time he showed up in KC. Maybe didn't go all the way, but what wonderful seasons we had. Count me in!

According to ESPN, once the Dolphins are sold, Parcells has a walk clause that lets him be a "free agent." He likes the Oakland, Detroit, NYJ, and Cleveland positions. He will not however, end up with Pioli (his son-in-law).

So, for those who think he would be a good hire, there ya go. I'm neutral on him.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    According to ESPN, once the Dolphins are sold, Parcells has a walk clause that lets him be a "free agent." He likes the Oakland, Detroit, NYJ, and Cleveland positions. He will not however, end up with Pioli (his son-in-law).

So, for those who think he would be a good hire, there ya go. I'm neutral on him.

He can buld an organization, things change for the better when he's around. Not that there's a chance but the Tuna in KC would be awesome.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...iefs/#comments

MARTY BACK TO CHIEFS?

Posted by Mike Florio on December 28, 2008, 4:59 p.m. EST
    As the Kansas City Chiefs prepare to search for a replacement for 20-year G.M./president/CEO Carl Peterson, one possibility apparently will entail a return by former Chiefs coach Marty Schottenheimer.
    Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Schottenheimer recently met with with owner Clark Hunt to discuss a possible Parcell-style role with the club.
    Under such an arrangement, Schottenheimer would oversee the football operations, hiring a G.M. and then deciding with the G.M. whether to bring back head coach Herm Edwards.
    Still, Glazer describes such an arrangement as a “long shot.”

Herm is 2-14 and has gotten worse every year he has been here. How could any gm bring him back?
    SHUT IT

Nick Athan at WPI had this to say:

3. Carl Peterson

He probably won’t be out of the NFL long. Per our league source, Peterson likely has an open invitation to join the Miami Dolphins. His long time friend, Stephen Ross, already owns 50 percent of the franchise and now plans on acquiring the other 45 percent in the next week. That means Bill Parcells can take his $8 million buyout and become a free agent.

I would be OK with Marty, maybe he will get Bill C. to come along and be HC!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast