View Poll Results: What do you do with Herm?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contract Extension

3 11.54%
  • Firing

18 69.23%
  • Firing Squad (Just Kidding-Don't Make Death Any Threats)

5 19.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with Mr.Loser?

Bonner Springs, KS (Home of the worst water in the U.S.A.)

Default What do you do with Mr.Loser?

Now that Herm is the biggest loser in KC history what should we do with him?

Fire him; this is a no brainer.

As much as I want that, don't count on it. Will be the new GM call I suppose, and he has a year on his contract. However, if you were the new GM, would you suffer through your first year with this mess before making changes, or would you use your first year to do what needs to be done and not string this out. I'd start with a clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    As much as I want that, don't count on it. Will be the new GM call I suppose, and he has a year on his contract. However, if you were the new GM, would you suffer through your first year with this mess before making changes, or would you use your first year to do what needs to be done and not string this out. I'd start with a clean slate.

Eggsactly

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Fire him; this is a no brainer.
    +1. I have nothing personal against Mr. Edwards - when he first came to KC I was all for it, and wondered why people in New York weren't complaining after he left the Jets - but he is way too conservative as a head coach in KC.

At the end of last year's 4-12 season, Clark Hunt told everyone he was holding Carl Petersen and Herm Edwards responsible for turning it around. If you fire Petersen and keep Edwards it would send a mixed message to fans, players & assistant coaches.

I think Edwards knows that his days in KC are over.

Hes a good guy and ill miss him. Yeah we lost alot , but the coach isnt playing the game . The players ( especially on defense )gave up alot and were standing around alot waiting to see if the other guy was gonna make the block or make the tackle.It was very apparent today against Cincy that we gave up. Defense doesnt tackle in numbers .Its always a bunch of solo attempts and misses . Good defenses Swarm to the ball We kinda stood in line waiting to take turns attempting to tackle . Our Offensive line is so much better than at the beginning of the season im not concerned about it in the draft. but our defense ( no matter how much i like all of them ) needs to be fixed . It was embarassing to watch today .

I think Herm Will be fired, and fired by Clark Hunt. He will not get a HC job for years to come. But Clark may be waiting to fire Herm due to the staff. I think he already has an idea on who he wants in to replace Carl. We will know fairly soon. Just a gut feeling.....

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Hes a good guy and ill miss him. Yeah we lost alot , but the coach isnt playing the game . The players ( especially on defense )gave up alot and were standing around alot waiting to see if the other guy was gonna make the block or make the tackle.It was very apparent today against Cincy that we gave up. Defense doesnt tackle in numbers .Its always a bunch of solo attempts and misses . Good defenses Swarm to the ball We kinda stood in line waiting to take turns attempting to tackle . Our Offensive line is so much better than at the beginning of the season im not concerned about it in the draft. but our defense ( no matter how much i like all of them ) needs to be fixed . It was embarassing to watch today .
    However, everything you just mentioned about the defense reflects the coaching. If a player is out of position on a couple of plays, you say the player is a bit confused/possibly bad. But when almost every player on the team does just as bad, on almost every play, does that say something about the players or the coaches? Most of the defense players are young and inexperienced. But that does not excuse how the team can keep making the same mistakes every week. The coaches are supposed to see mistakes on the film and make corrections accordingly. So if the players keep making the same mistakes, are the coaches really doing their job? Even with records aside (Herm congratulations!), Herm was brought in to help the defense. We got better last season because of Allen and what do we do. I know the Allen trade is a discussion that would go on for days, but the point stands that he is gone and this is how Herm made the defense. This worse than any season under Vermeil. Herm does not have the answers that this team needs.

Or we can go for a conspiracy approach and say the players secretly hate Herm so to get him fired, they played like lepers with alzheimers. I mean if they really wanted to help Herm keep his job they would have played better, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think Edwards knows that his days in KC are over.
    As do I.

I didn't want to say anything, because I wonder if my own bias may play a part in my interpretation, but I have sensed it in Herms speech, as well as in Clarks.

I don't really care for our recent connection with The Jets, but I would not be upset if we were to replace Herm with Eric Mangini.

Mangini just got fired after three season, for going 9-7. I think that 2-14 is worse than that. But that is just my opinion.

Oops. No. That is actually a fact, isn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast