Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: The WHITE FLAG

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,761
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 51

    Default The WHITE FLAG


    0 Not allowed!
    I am officially neutral on Herm Edwards. The Chiefs may not be the most talented team in the league, but they have more than enough talent to play better than they did this season on a whole and especially today against the Bengals.

    As much as I want stability in this organization, I could go either way on Edwards. I'm done debating this.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I am officially neutral on Herm Edwards. The Chiefs may not be the most talented team in the league, but they have more than enough talent to play better than they did this season on a whole and especially today against the Bengals.

    As much as I want stability in this organization, I could go either way on Edwards. I'm done debating this.

    Thank you. Now lets not talk turkey. There's a chance we get the second pick, i'm going with Crabtree. If we are gonna have to shell out that kind of money I would like it to be on the best player available versus the what we need the most. The guy is a freak of an athelete and is football savvy, which is important. Him at 1 and Bowe at 2 would be awesome. There are just a lot of different options we can go, but I am officialy on the Crabtree bandwagon.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,761
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I hate high picks. As long as we don't take a QB at 2 or 3, I'll be pretty much happy with whatever. I'd prefer not to take LT. The higher we move, the less likely it will be that we can trade down. LT or LB would probably be the safest picks that high. I'm not excited about taking a QB who has a 70% chance of busting when you consider only 10 of the past 35 first round QB picks have ever made the Pro Bowl.

    If we can't trade down, I'm more in the school of thought that I'd rather make the pick COUNT and take THE SAFEST pick. Not only is it bad enough to be picking that high, but to whiff on a top 5 pick would just be absolutely devastating for this franchise more than spending a bunch money on a position that is already filled like LT. Crabtree would've been a good pick at 4 or 5, but I don't think he'd be the best pick for the Chiefs at #2. If we didn't already have his twin in Dwayne Bowe, then maybe. But we can get a WR later in the draft.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I hate high picks. As long as we don't take a QB at 2 or 3, I'll be pretty much happy with whatever. I'd prefer not to take LT. The higher we move, the less likely it will be that we can trade down. LT or LB would probably be the safest picks that high. I'm not excited about taking a QB who has a 70% chance of busting when you consider only 10 of the past 35 first round QB picks have ever made the Pro Bowl.

    If we can't trade down, I'm more in the school of thought that I'd rather make the pick COUNT and take THE SAFEST pick. Not only is it bad enough to be picking that high, but to whiff on a top 5 pick would just be absolutely devastating for this franchise more than spending a bunch money on a position that is already filled like LT. Crabtree would've been a good pick at 4 or 5, but I don't think he'd be the best pick for the Chiefs at #2. If we didn't already have his twin in Dwayne Bowe, then maybe. But we can get a WR later in the draft.

    Who in the draft is gonna be worth that kind of money outside Crabtree, after the combine there's no doubt in my mind Crabtree will be considered the best athelte/ player. If we wasn't so smart I might not be a believer but the kid has it all

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,761
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Who in the draft is gonna be worth that kind of money outside Crabtree, after the combine there's no doubt in my mind Crabtree will be considered the best athelte/ player. If we wasn't so smart I might not be a believer but the kid has it all
    You're right. He'd be a great #4 or #5 pick. I just can't see him at #2 or #3 for this team.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,778
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You're right. He'd be a great #4 or #5 pick. I just can't see him at #2 or #3 for this team.

    I am not sold on D Bowe as our number 1, drops too many passes. Move him to 2 and Crabtree at 1. But who is worth that huge contract we are gonna have to shell out...maybe trading the pick is best.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    122
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i am not even worried about the draft at all right now...the first thing on my mind is getting herm edwards outa kansas city and fast

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The only way I would really be up for drafting Crabtree is if the chiefs can not trade down first of all, Gonzo traded or retires, or we stay with the spread. ALL in that order

    If we can't trade down and we do not get our DE/MLB in FA then I would rather get teh best DE or MLB on the board, BUT Crabtree would be my third choice IF he is faster at combine then projected.

    Also,

    I think we can move down IF we really really want too. YES we might have to give up some draft points, but would be worth it if we plan on taking a DE or MLB with the 3rd overall anyways.

    IF we trade down to say 8th(and take our DE or MLB) and gain that teams 2nd for our 3rd overall we would be giving up a ton of draft points but like I said why not do this if we plan on taking a DE or MLB 3rd overall anyways. We would be doing the same thing BUT be gaining a extra high 2nd round pick!!!!

    Would be my dream if we sign Suggs in FA then do a trade like this and get Rey M. and an extra 2nd. Would be giving up draft points but SOOO worth it.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,761
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The problem i have with taking a MLB in the draft is that there isn't a good OLB to be had in free agency. If we can sign Vilma to play in the middle, drafting Curry would complete the LB corp. You can't really do that if you take a MLB in the draft.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,002
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm guessin' Detroit takes Crabtree with 1st pick.
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •