Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LJ says he's done in KC..

Default LJ says he's done in KC..

LARRY JOHNSON
    Talk about your future with this organization …
    “Hopefully, my future is not with this organization. It’s not (the Chiefs’) fault. Half of it is mine. Half of it is my off-the-field situation and other things that occurred.

“On the football field, my role definitely diminished when I came back (from injury). I felt like I wasn’t getting as many carries as I could have handled. I felt like I could have helped as much as I could have, but they shifted their powers to other players on the team. I feel as though my time is up in this city and this program.”

There is going to be a general manager change and possibly a coaching change. Do those changes affect your attitude?
    “No. It has everything to do with the environment. The city is tired of me, and the organization and I have run our course together. It’s time to move on for me. There could be 100 changes. It’s time for me to go.”

Are you going to ask for a trade?
    “No. (The Chiefs) pretty much wrote that in the sand these last few weeks.”

How do you feel like you fit in to the Chiefs’ spread offense?
    “I don’t. I have never been a six- or seven-carry per game back and expect 200-yard rushing games. It’s never been my style. I wish it could be. It’s not me. I wear down defenses and get yards when the offense really pounds the rushing plays.”

Source: Click

Quote Originally Posted by arrowheadGoon305 View Post
    everyone will regret lj leaving the chiefs. u will see..hopefully the person we get for him is very good

I will be very sad and upset if LJ leaves. I still think he is one of the best backs in the league and with new coach and new outlook next season i think we will be sorry if we get rid of him. Everyone knows he's the type of runner that likes to get the ball alot and we give it to him -10 times a game? Him and TG are our biggest players and weapons and LJ is our highest payed player yet we never use the guy.

If LJ is not a Chief next season, I will be suprised, but only suprised that some one will trade for him. Wait Al still breathing, he might be a raider next season, and I say, do let the door hit you in the a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    If LJ is not a Chief next season, I will be suprised, but only suprised that some one will trade for him. Wait Al still breathing, he might be a raider next season, and I say, do let the door hit you in the a$$.
    I say new GM will eat his contract and get this cancer outta here with Herm...
    SHUT IT

Very low trade value. He's worth more as a Chief, than to he is in a trade.

I really think that if you consider LJ's age (30), off-field baggage, and bad attitude, he really isn't worth anything as a Chief and should be released outright and start anew with the new gm/coach. JMHO.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I really think that if you consider LJ's age (30), off-field baggage, and bad attitude, he really isn't worth anything as a Chief and should be released outright and start anew with the new gm/coach. JMHO.
    A lot will depend on the offensive philosophy of the new coach/gm. If they stick with the spread, he is expendable. If we run a convential offense under Chan Gailey, then LJ is a perfect back for that system.

LJ is done. He is not the back he once was, plus he is a cancer. He does not find creases or follow blockers well. He is a mess.
    I watched the Jets/Miami game and there runners actually run hard.
    LJ is nothing but an alcholic, woman hating, cancer that does not deserve to play in the NFL any longer.
    Eat the contract and get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    A lot will depend on the offensive philosophy of the new coach/gm. If they stick with the spread, he is expendable. If we run a convential offense under Chan Gailey, then LJ is a perfect back for that system.
    I think he use to be the perfect back for that system. Not so much any more. As LJ said earlier today, its time to go. JMHO.
    SHUT IT

LJ's pretty withered, if he goes, I'm not gonna bum too much. I did really like him, and for awhile he was legit.. but his styles caught up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast