Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LJ says he's done in KC..

Default LJ says he's done in KC..

LARRY JOHNSON
    Talk about your future with this organization …
    “Hopefully, my future is not with this organization. It’s not (the Chiefs’) fault. Half of it is mine. Half of it is my off-the-field situation and other things that occurred.

“On the football field, my role definitely diminished when I came back (from injury). I felt like I wasn’t getting as many carries as I could have handled. I felt like I could have helped as much as I could have, but they shifted their powers to other players on the team. I feel as though my time is up in this city and this program.”

There is going to be a general manager change and possibly a coaching change. Do those changes affect your attitude?
    “No. It has everything to do with the environment. The city is tired of me, and the organization and I have run our course together. It’s time to move on for me. There could be 100 changes. It’s time for me to go.”

Are you going to ask for a trade?
    “No. (The Chiefs) pretty much wrote that in the sand these last few weeks.”

How do you feel like you fit in to the Chiefs’ spread offense?
    “I don’t. I have never been a six- or seven-carry per game back and expect 200-yard rushing games. It’s never been my style. I wish it could be. It’s not me. I wear down defenses and get yards when the offense really pounds the rushing plays.”

Source: Click

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Ill miss him no matter what statistic you put in front of me to change my mind !
    Definitly agree. One of my top 3 favorites of all time! Ill miss LJ if he goes. I dont know how they could pull it off, but if they do, then I'll miss him. All of this not running hard stuff is crap. He has no where to go whenever he gets the ball and when he does have somewhere to go, hes gone for a huge gain every time.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I say LJ can go he is just becoming a tumor but now I have to brun his jerseys and they are real GRRRR lol Luckily I got a custom one for Christmas

Guess you didn't watch the game today. On his first carry he misses and seem, doesn't read his block and goes outside. What should have been a 3 or 4 yard gain ended up in a 2 yd loss. Larry has no eyes to see creases he should take. He just goes.
    There are a lot better backs out there at a lot cheaper price.

Keeping LJ will only reflect what type of franchise you guys want to have. I heard a comment earlier about Ray Lewis coming here and shooting LJ. And that the Raiders are a halfway house full of thugs. If that is the type of franchise we are looking at then keep LJ, I prefer a guy who is here for the team and the fans. LJ was a good RB but name a good running back over the age of 30. There have not been many and those who were are in a league above LJ. This is a situation where LJ does not want to be here and most of the fans do not want him here. Why not start fresh, give him his wish and let him go. There are plenty of RB that will be the same calibur as a 30 year old Larry Johnson. And please don't quote what he did in '06 and '07. We are going into the 2009 season now.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Post Goodbye

I think LJ made his mind up a while ago that he was done as a chief. He thinks he is the "star" and needs to be in control. I think it would be worth it to let him go. He is cancer and cannot control himself off the field. We have 2 good, young backs waiting to prove themselves.

Bye Bye, LJ you P.O.S. good luck with your painting career....
    "The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
    -John Madden

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    LARRY JOHNSON
    Talk about your future with this organization …
    “Hopefully, my future is not with this organization. It’s not (the Chiefs’) fault. Half of it is mine. Half of it is my off-the-field situation and other things that occurred.

“On the football field, my role definitely diminished when I came back (from injury). I felt like I wasn’t getting as many carries as I could have handled. I felt like I could have helped as much as I could have, but they shifted their powers to other players on the team. I feel as though my time is up in this city and this program.”

There is going to be a general manager change and possibly a coaching change. Do those changes affect your attitude?
    “No. It has everything to do with the environment. The city is tired of me, and the organization and I have run our course together. It’s time to move on for me. There could be 100 changes. It’s time for me to go.”

Are you going to ask for a trade?
    “No. (The Chiefs) pretty much wrote that in the sand these last few weeks.”

How do you feel like you fit in to the Chiefs’ spread offense?
    “I don’t. I have never been a six- or seven-carry per game back and expect 200-yard rushing games. It’s never been my style. I wish it could be. It’s not me. I wear down defenses and get yards when the offense really pounds the rushing plays.”

Source: Click
    I can't see any team trading for LJ, so we probably cut him. At least we erase another terrible FA mistake made by the CP/Herm administration.

If he doesn't want to play here then I don't want him to play here.

Go ahead and cut him, take the loss, and draft Rashad Jennings from Liberty or someone else to run inside while Charles runs outside, with Kolby Smith as the backup.
    Last edited by yashi; 12-29-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arrowheadGoon305 View Post
    everyone will regret lj leaving the chiefs. u will see..hopefully the person we get for him is very good
    He may do extremely well somewhere else. But I won't regret losing him.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    I will be very sad and upset if LJ leaves. I still think he is one of the best backs in the league and with new coach and new outlook next season i think we will be sorry if we get rid of him. Everyone knows he's the type of runner that likes to get the ball alot and we give it to him -10 times a game? Him and TG are our biggest players and weapons and LJ is our highest payed player yet we never use the guy.
    If a HB sucks on his first ten carries, then the game is generally over. Or at least to a point where you are forced to pass.

The better a back does in the first ten carries, the more likely it is that he will be able to get the ball more.

LJ is what 95% of HBs are. Just as good as the talent that is blocking for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Very low trade value. He's worth more as a Chief, than to he is in a trade.
    Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Ill miss him no matter what statistic you put in front of me to change my mind !
    The only thing that I will miss about LJ is watching him run behind Roaf; Weigmann; Shields; Waters and T-Rich.

I have missed that for two seasons now. So no loss to me.

Red face Goodbye LJ

I for one will be happy to see cry baby hit the road. He reminds me of my grandkids playing ball "if I can't have the ball then I'm not going to play".
    He had one good year and it went straight to his head.
    He's worse than T Owens at least T O can still score TD's.
    The last few games Cry Baby almost showed something but then that was just auditioning for other teams.

I, for one, am incredibly happy that yet another sloth is going to be rid of.

Larry Johnson has done nothing whatsoever this year that has impressed me. Each time he's been handed the ball, I expected a 1-3 yard gain from him. I'm sure it's partially the Chief's fault for having a crappy offensive line, but still.

You could tell by Johnson's plays that he could care less if we won or not. His heart wasn't into helping us win more than two games this year.

For all I'm concerned, good riddance.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast