Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamaal Charles is the future of the chiefs anyways

Default Jamaal Charles is the future of the chiefs anyways

goodbye LJ

because herm edwards is an idiot and he thinks building the team around lj was the whole answer...jc will be better then lj in my opinion.

even the cbs guys said they didn't know why kc wasn't using jamaal more..that should tell you something right there.

I don't think Charles should be considered the future... I think his role should be similar to Jerious Norwood on the Falcons and Leon Washington on the Jets but with a few more carries: return kicks and punts, catch screen passes, passing downs, and 10-15 carries a game (outside the tackles). I do think he would be the perfect lightning if we could find the thunder (not LJ).

I think Rashad Jennings from Liberty would be perfect.. he is a huge guy who also runs a great 40 time and can bulldoze people.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I don't think Charles should be considered the future... I think his role should be similar to Jerious Norwood on the Falcons and Leon Washington on the Jets but with a few more carries: return kicks and punts, catch screen passes, passing downs, and 10-15 carries a game (outside the tackles). I do think he would be the perfect lightning if we could find the thunder (not LJ).

I think Rashad Jennings from Liberty would be perfect.. he is a huge guy who also runs a great 40 time and can bulldoze people.
    Take Shonne Greene of Iowa (if he comes out) in the 3rd round and watch him be our Brandon Jacobs/Marion Barber.

I don't like Charles as much as most people here. I don't think he will ever be a healthy contributor to the team as a RB, and I don't think he has the vision to be a premier PR/KR. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Take Shonne Greene of Iowa (if he comes out) in the 3rd round and watch him be our Brandon Jacobs/Marion Barber.

I don't like Charles as much as most people here. I don't think he will ever be a healthy contributor to the team as a RB, and I don't think he has the vision to be a premier PR/KR. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
    I can see why you would think that from watching him at times this year, but after it's all said and done the guy did have 5.3 yards per attempt this season and did great at blocking out of the backfield. I saw some problems, but I also saw a guy who was the 1st to run for 100 against Tampa in week 9. There's definitely potential there.. but I think he'd be most effective with a situational 10 carries a game, not a lot more or less.

These days theres not many PRIMARY running backs anymore. Its all going to tandems. Which I like cuz you dont have to spend big $ on one that thinks he IT.

I think Charles will work good in our one two punch next year. But dont think hes an every down back.

Im not sure what part of "no RB will ever be productive for the Chiefs if they don't address the O line" you guys don't understand?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Im not sure what part of "no RB will ever be productive for the Chiefs if they don't address the O line" you guys don't understand?????????????
    I agree, in an NFL style offense. But, Charles did average almost a full YPC better than LJ this season. (5.3 to 4.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    These days theres not many PRIMARY running backs anymore. Its all going to tandems. Which I like cuz you dont have to spend big $ on one that thinks he IT.

I think Charles will work good in our one two punch next year. But dont think hes an every down back.
    He is a good 1-2 punch type of back.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I agree, in an NFL style offense. But, Charles did average almost a full YPC better than LJ this season. (5.3 to 4.5)

Well yeah, but he also only rushed 67 times and was injured three times. He may get healthier in time, but we can't go into 2009 with him as our 1RB, not if we want any semblance of a running game.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast