Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamaal Charles is the future of the chiefs anyways

Default Jamaal Charles is the future of the chiefs anyways

goodbye LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Like I said, if your definition is this, then we have nothing further to talk about on this subject! 4 or 5 tenths of a percentage point means NOTHING when talking about yards per carry and you know it!! Charles is not anywhere near the RB that LJ is. Its just a fact! Go to any board from any team in the league that will give an unbiased opinion and you won't find 10 people that say Charles is better. Period!
    You're right. There is nothing more to say. half a yard per carry is quie significant. And we are talking about .8 yards per carry anyway.

You seriously need to get over yourself. Your opinion is nothing more than an opinion. It is not fact.

LJ is an average NFL HB at best. If he did anything besides run when there is great blocking, then he may be above average. But he doesn't.

The only other things that he does well are act with little to no class, and pout.

He is not a top-five NFL HB. He is not a top-ten NFL HB.

He is Lawrence Phillips, with the benefit of having ran behind some HOF blockers for a while, with an offensive genius of a coach.

Remove the HOF blockers and offensive genius, and you get what we've seen the past two seasons.

Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    You're right. There is nothing more to say. half a yard per carry is quie significant. And we are talking about .8 yards per carry anyway.

You seriously need to get over yourself. Your opinion is nothing more than an opinion. It is not fact.

LJ is an average NFL HB at best. If he did anything besides run when there is great blocking, then he may be above average. But he doesn't.

The only other things that he does well are act with little to no class, and pout.

He is not a top-five NFL HB. He is not a top-ten NFL HB.

He is Lawrence Phillips, with the benefit of having ran behind some HOF blockers for a while, with an offensive genius of a coach.

Remove the HOF blockers and offensive genius, and you get what we've seen the past two seasons.

Nothing.
    Now this is a classic post! YOU telling someone to get over their self!!!! HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!!!!!! Like your opinion means more than anyone else's here bud!!!! Moderator or not, your not the know all god of football!!

Half a yard per carry is NOT significant when your getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage every single time you get the ball! Go ahead, stick with Charles and whomever you want to tandem with him back there. They will have one of the worst running games in football. Oh yea, remove the offensive genius and HOF's from ANY team and you get what we had the past two years!!!!

Now this is a classic post! YOU telling someone to get over their self!!!! HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!!!!!! Like your opinion means more than anyone else's here bud!!!! Moderator or not, your not the know all god of football!!

Half a yard per carry is NOT significant when your getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage every single time you get the ball! Go ahead, stick with Charles and whomever you want to tandem with him back there. They will have one of the worst running games in football. Oh yea, remove the offensive genius and HOF's from ANY team and you get what we had the past two years!!!!
    Do you think that LJ will actually be more beneficial to the Chiefs next year than a rookie? LJ is on the wrong side of 30 and is unhappy on the Chiefs. He might do well (1000-1200 yds a year) for another team for another 2-3 years, but as a dominant force, he's finished.

Is he a more complete RB than Charles? Sure. He's bigger, better inside the tackles, and won't break down with 20+ carries a game. But Charles could be a good 3DRB for the Chiefs for the next ten years. Even if he were happy, LJ would only be modestly productive for the next 2-3.

I agree that Charles is not our answer at RB (at least not solely), but neither is LJ. But while Charles has long term use to the Chiefs, LJ, unfortunately, does not.

Would you agree that trading/cutting LJ and drafting a big RB is the best solution to this problem?

Charles is definately not the answer at RB. He is though a long term 3rd down running back for the chiefs just like jmlamerson said. This year was a good rookie class for running backs...its tough to say that 3 or 4 rookie running backs will come out of college a produce right away again...we will see.

[quote=jmlamerson;110596]Do you think that LJ will actually be more beneficial to the Chiefs next year than a rookie? quote]

No, but only because this isnt his style of offense. If it was tight formation with one or two wide outs it would be different story.

This spread out O isnt him. Plus, as you pointed out, hes past his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Do you think that LJ will actually be more beneficial to the Chiefs next year than a rookie? LJ is on the wrong side of 30 and is unhappy on the Chiefs. He might do well (1000-1200 yds a year) for another team for another 2-3 years, but as a dominant force, he's finished.

Is he a more complete RB than Charles? Sure. He's bigger, better inside the tackles, and won't break down with 20+ carries a game. But Charles could be a good 3DRB for the Chiefs for the next ten years. Even if he were happy, LJ would only be modestly productive for the next 2-3.

I agree that Charles is not our answer at RB (at least not solely), but neither is LJ. But while Charles has long term use to the Chiefs, LJ, unfortunately, does not.

Would you agree that trading/cutting LJ and drafting a big RB is the best solution to this problem?
    At this point maybe it would be best to get rid of him strictly from the point that he doesn't want to be here. However, If the team were to address the O line like they should have 3 years ago, he is the PERFECT back for the team! So yes, I do think LJ would be a better back than drafting a rookin RB IF the O line were addressed.

LJ is absolutely a better back than Charles and if you don't consider 1200 yds a "dominant force" I don't know what the heck is considering the league leader this year is at 1400 and some change!! Again modestly productive is not 1200 yds in my opinion. Its a darn good year! Someone said something about him going to Denver. I think it has been proven that if he goes to Denver, he will compete for the ruching title for the next 2 years or so!!!!

At this point maybe it would be best to get rid of him strictly from the point that he doesn't want to be here. However, If the team were to address the O line like they should have 3 years ago, he is the PERFECT back for the team! So yes, I do think LJ would be a better back than drafting a rookin RB IF the O line were addressed.

LJ is absolutely a better back than Charles and if you don't consider 1200 yds a "dominant force" I don't know what the heck is considering the league leader this year is at 1400 and some change!! Again modestly productive is not 1200 yds in my opinion. Its a darn good year! Someone said something about him going to Denver. I think it has been proven that if he goes to Denver, he will compete for the ruching title for the next 2 years or so!!!!
    I dont think Shanahan is that stupid unless he get him for cheap or low pick.

Plus Shanahan is the epidamy of RB tandems, you just dont know who is gonna start for them.

Let me put it this way: I don't think LJ, even if he were happy, would do appreciatively better than a big rookie RB behind an improved line. I think that a healthy LJ and a health Tatum Bell would do very similar behind the Denver OL (which is, BTW, one of the reasons that Denver won't shell out the bucks for him). It isn't that I want to ditch him because he's a bad player - I just think that the detriments of his attitutde, possible suspension, and salary are not equal to his positives. I really believe that we can find a rookie that will equal his production next year, even in the later rounds, as long as we rebuild our OL.

I don't think you can or should compare Charles with LJ. They fit two entirely separate roles on the team. I don't trust Charles to be an every down back. And LJ won't ever be the 3DRB or blocker that Charles is. Two entirely separate positions, basically.

I'm not sneezing at 1000-1200 yards, but that's about 65-80 yards a game. It isn't enough of an impact to be worth 1RB money. I'd prefer to take the cap hit this year (while we have the cap flexibility) of a trade or cut, and use the future savings to rebuild to rebuild the rest of our team in FA or to resign any future stars we drafted.

My personal bet - LJ is a Patriot by August.

1200 yds not worthy of 1RB money????? The avg yds per carry for Peterson is 4.8. LJ averaged 4.5. Peterson had 170 more attempts than LJ. Even with this line there is no doubt in my mind that with an equal amount of carries, LJ's numbers would have been in the ballpark with Peterson. Meaning with in a few hundred. LT who is in the standings ranked 12 spots higher than LJ, had 100 more carries than LJ and only had 235 more yds. Only 5 guys in the top 20 averaged more yds per carry than LJ did. Seems to me this all comes down to....give him the damn ball and he will produce!!!!! That is the one thing he has wanted. To get the amount of carries to be productive!!!!!!

1200 yds not worthy of 1RB money????? The avg yds per carry for Peterson is 4.8. LJ averaged 4.5. Peterson had 170 more attempts than LJ. Even with this line there is no doubt in my mind that with an equal amount of carries, LJ's numbers would have been in the ballpark with Peterson. Meaning with in a few hundred. LT who is in the standings ranked 12 spots higher than LJ, had 100 more carries than LJ and only had 235 more yds. Only 5 guys in the top 20 averaged more yds per carry than LJ did. Seems to me this all comes down to....give him the damn ball and he will produce!!!!! That is the one thing he has wanted. To get the amount of carries to be productive!!!!!!
    If you give LJ the ball, a good OL, and he stays healthy, he will produce. The same is true for many, many RBs. Again, I'm not saying that he's a bad RB - just that he isn't worth the salary, attitude, or possible suspension. That with the conditions outlined above, almost any RB can be successful. That LJ is very replacable in the draft or FA.

Very, very few RBs are worth big money today, and those few are threats in the passing game. LJ is a good back who we can replace fairly easily if we try.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast