Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Jamaal Charles is the future of the chiefs anyways

Default Jamaal Charles is the future of the chiefs anyways

goodbye LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Have you noticed a trend the past two seasons? Keep thinking about it. Have you figured it out yet? BINGO! You got it! Everybody has sucked the past two years. Good DB's have had to cover for too long, linebackers have been overpowered by lineman that were supposed to be taken by our D-lineman, no running back has been able to do anything because of our awful O-line, every Quarterback before Tyler has completly failed and even he had a rough time, and last but not least, our Head Coach who took 4 out of his first 6 teams to the playoffs has won 6 games. Does that mean that they all suck? No it means that when your team is this bad, especially your lines, you cannot do anything with any other position. if your mad bacause LJ spit in some loud mouth b!tches face, than fine, but I dont wanna hear how LJ sucks. You seen what he did with a good line. Herms first year when he broke the Carries record, shortened his career and ran for nearly 1800 yards (which you show no respect for and that disgusts me), the O-line was terrible. Kyle Turley, John Welbourn, Chris Bober, gimme a break. It has only gotten worse since then. By the way LJ ran for almost 900 yards and missed 4 games this year. Throw in games that he received under 12 carries and youve got a pretty good argument that LJ "is the man". I know you hate everybody, but you have to be realistic at one point also. JC wants to be LJ when he grows up.
    I know LJ is a pretty good runner. I reluctantly say it alot.

But that doesn't change the outcome of his performance over these past two seasons.

And noone is more aware that he woulda shoulda coulda done alot better, with better circumstances.

I was basically just hassling DH by casing LJ.

I do have my issues with LJ. Namely his refusal to take on blocking assignments, spiteful behaviour toward women and his lack of effort when asked to do something that is not running between the tackles.

But I openly admit that he is a good runner, between the Tackles.

Now, staggering his stats to make it look like he had some great season is weak.

Do the same with Charles, and it makes LJ look bad again.

that Norwood connection is a good comparison, and he really is like Jerious was his rookie yr. Idk why we don't let the "speed demon" go on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    that Norwood connection is a good comparison, and he really is like Jerious was his rookie yr. Idk why we don't let the "speed demon" go on special teams.
    I don't know. I understand if you don't want the guy to get hurt, but come on. Let the kid play. I liked how many times he made the big play.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    I was talking about LJ. I know that Charles is not a premiere back, but do not underestimate him. The Chiefs barely used him this season. To the Chiefs, he is a Jerious Norwood. But Charles is still exciting to watch, just like Norwood. Charles could have 12 carries and be a good back.
    Charles reminds a lot of Priest Holmes. Everyone underestimated Priest in the pros and he produced the goods. Charles is the same. He can run up the middle. Will he move a pile? Probably not. But when he slips through, he's gone. There were a lot of naysayers when he played at Texas and he proved them, and opposing teams, wrong in a big way.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIe8WsB1KZ8"]YouTube - Jamaal Charles[/ame]

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvV10O-pT5E"]YouTube - Priest holmes[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Charles reminds a lot of Priest Holmes. Everyone underestimated Priest in the pros and he produced the goods. Charles is the same. He can run up the middle. Will he move a pile? Probably not. But when he slips through, he's gone. There were a lot of naysayers when he played at Texas and he proved them, and opposing teams, wrong in a big way.
    If Charles is the second coming of Priest Holmes I would be so happy. Not because Priest is my favorite Chiefs player, but because Priest did whatever it took to win. He elevated the game of those around him. However, I have to say that Charles has more speed than Priest, so it will be interesting to see how Charles develops. If he can hit the weight room but not lose speed, this kid could be scary especially if he is paired with another good back.

If Charles is the second coming of Priest Holmes I would be so happy. Not because Priest is my favorite Chiefs player, but because Priest did whatever it took to win. He elevated the game of those around him. However, I have to say that Charles has more speed than Priest, so it will be interesting to see how Charles develops. If he can hit the weight room but not lose speed, this kid could be scary especially if he is paired with another good back.
    A Tony Richards type of full back, can cox become that. But let us not forget about Kolby Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    A Tony Richards type of full back, can cox become that. But let us not forget about Kolby Smith.
    I like Kolby Smith. He actually reminds me of Priest more than Charles. Smith does not look impressive which is why he was probably taken in the fifth round. However, he does well on the field, just like Priest. Smith looks like he can run inside or out, and always fall forward for a positive gain. If we can get a great full back to open holes for him and Charles, we do not need another running back once we trade LJ off.

I like Kolby Smith. He actually reminds me of Priest more than Charles. Smith does not look impressive which is why he was probably taken in the fifth round. However, he does well on the field, just like Priest. Smith looks like he can run inside or out, and always fall forward for a positive gain. If we can get a great full back to open holes for him and Charles, we do not need another running back once we trade LJ off.
    Kolby played awful this year. Savage looked better than him in regular season play. I would love for him to emerge as a great runner, but Im pretty sure that wont happen. He has no burst and average lateral movement and thats what Priest was known for. I dont agree with the comparison.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Kolby played awful this year. Savage looked better than him in regular season play. I would love for him to emerge as a great runner, but Im pretty sure that wont happen. He has no burst and average lateral movement and thats what Priest was known for. I dont agree with the comparison.
    I did not seem much out of him this season either, but I think the Chiefs re-sign him cheap in the offseason. Before his season ending injury, they just did not use him much. I guess I make the comparison based more on last year than this season. He had a couple of good games and did not fumble once. I see Smith as having the potential to develop into a great player. We can disagree on this because I do not mind there being only one Priest Holmes.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast