Thread: i don't know if this is a credible source but here you go

Default i don't know if this is a credible source but here you go

it says pioli has been offered the job!

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/1...fs-offer-pioli

as much as i want pioli to be the GM this isn't a very good source but i figure everyone would want to see it!

it sounds like it could be a good thing if we do get him the GM should have say on the coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by olddiehard View Post
    it sounds like it could be a good thing if we do get him the GM should have say on the coaching staff

i've been saying all along that if they get pioli as there gm that herm edwards will not be there because pioli wants to bring in his own coaches which i'm all for! But i suppose we will see what happens!

With the way things are going and how "cloak and dagger" all this has been this season, I just don't see the Chiefs making an offer until they've interviewed everyone they want. It doesn't sound like Pioli has been linked to anyone else but the Chiefs. He's out of the Browns job. Its either the Chiefs or he stays in New England. Unless Pioli gave Hunt a deadline, I don't see any point in rushing this. Also, I don't think this source is too credible. Hunt is looking for a GM to take over football operations. Why would that be a sticking point? Even if Hunt were head over heels for Edwards, he still needs a GM and he needs a guy to take over operations. I just don't see that being a sticking point. I don't see money being an issue either. Hunt is going to spend whatever it takes to bring in whoever he wants if he thinks the acquisition is going to pay off.

I honestly think we're going to get shafted if we take Pioli. Ferentz offers what? Iowa isn't exactly a juggernaut. The past five years haven't been stellar drafts for the Patriots. IMO Pioli is learning some bad habits from Parcells. The advantage of getting Bill Parcells is his talent. Bill Parcells as a person is a complete A-hole. He's been with the Dolphins for one year and there are already whispers of him bolting because he'd be unhappy with new ownership. By hiring Pioli, we'd get the A-hole and chances are, he won't have the talent. Very few can do what Parcells can do. You already see what kind of person he is by the way he has treated each team who'd interviewed him.

He's interviewed each season for a GM spot and each team has found one way or another not to cave to his demands. That doesn't sound like a red flag to anyone? I think the guy is extremely hyped and I just don't think he could live up to it. With a high profile signing, there is going to be high expectations and much scrutiny. I just don't see that being a winning recipe for this team.

Think about this for a second. Bill Parcells isn't even the GM or the head coach for the Dolphins. He basically did what Clark Hunt is doing right now. He picked the right GM and the right head coach for his team which set them up for success. The GM and the head coach get very little recognition for what that team did this season and they're more responsible than Parcells is.

If we hired Pioli, the circus around that guy will get bigger and uglier than ANYTHING we EVER saw with Peterson. I think a less prominent name who isn't the "next Bill Parcells" would be more beneficial for this team.

My guy Kokinis is probably headed to Cleveland. (which sucks) I like Mark Dominik from Tampa. I'm not excited about Ray from San Diego. I like Eric Decosta, the director of college scouting at Baltimore and Chris Poian, the VP of FB Operations in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    With the way things are going and how "cloak and dagger" all this has been this season, I just don't see the Chiefs making an offer until they've interviewed everyone they want. It doesn't sound like Pioli has been linked to anyone else but the Chiefs. He's out of the Browns job. Its either the Chiefs or he stays in New England. Unless Pioli gave Hunt a deadline, I don't see any point in rushing this. Also, I don't think this source is too credible. Hunt is looking for a GM to take over football operations. Why would that be a sticking point? Even if Hunt were head over heels for Edwards, he still needs a GM and he needs a guy to take over operations. I just don't see that being a sticking point. I don't see money being an issue either. Hunt is going to spend whatever it takes to bring in whoever he wants if he thinks the acquisition is going to pay off.

I honestly think we're going to get shafted if we take Pioli. Ferentz offers what? Iowa isn't exactly a juggernaut. The past five years haven't been stellar drafts for the Patriots. IMO Pioli is learning some bad habits from Parcells. The advantage of getting Bill Parcells is his talent. Bill Parcells as a person is a complete A-hole. He's been with the Dolphins for one year and there are already whispers of him bolting because he'd be unhappy with new ownership. By hiring Pioli, we'd get the A-hole and chances are, he won't have the talent. Very few can do what Parcells can do. You already see what kind of person he is by the way he has treated each team who'd interviewed him.

He's interviewed each season for a GM spot and each team has found one way or another not to cave to his demands. That doesn't sound like a red flag to anyone? I think the guy is extremely hyped and I just don't think he could live up to it. With a high profile signing, there is going to be high expectations and much scrutiny. I just don't see that being a winning recipe for this team.

Think about this for a second. Bill Parcells isn't even the GM or the head coach for the Dolphins. He basically did what Clark Hunt is doing right now. He picked the right GM and the right head coach for his team which set them up for success. The GM and the head coach get very little recognition for what that team did this season and they're more responsible than Parcells is.

If we hired Pioli, the circus around that guy will get bigger and uglier than ANYTHING we EVER saw with Peterson. I think a less prominent name who isn't the "next Bill Parcells" would be more beneficial for this team.

My guy Kokinis is probably headed to Cleveland. (which sucks) I like Mark Dominik from Tampa. I'm not excited about Ray from San Diego. I like Eric Decosta, the director of college scouting at Baltimore and Chris Poian, the VP of FB Operations in Indy.

you are right this isn't a credible source..but that fact that mort from espn said he thinks pioli is kc bound makes me believe the source a little bit...i understand though about the guy you want thats going to cleveland because i think he would have been good also. Only time will tell if this news is true. I'm not getting any hopes up till it happens and i hear about it on the news!

i'd love to get Chris Poian also if we didn't get pioli

Here's name I haven't heard in a long time: Bobby Betheard (SP?). Used to be the GM for the Skins prior to the Snyder years, then turned around the Chargers. He's the one that brought in Marty after we let him go if I remember correctly. Don't know if he's available, willing or anything else. But if someone out there reads these threads......

Beathard, I dont' think thats a possibility, hes been around since the 60's. Got his start with the chiefs too I think.