Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i bet you people agree

Default i bet you people agree

i was just thinking back to the 1997 season when they decided to put elvis grbac back in when gannon was winning for us. I just started thinking that we would have won the superbowl that year had they stuck with gannon. Just made this loss even more frustrating today when i really thought about it..grr

Fine!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Fine!!
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Just a question. I have heard a lot of complaints about how the Chiefs are always picking up the castoffs of other teams, yet all i have heard about is how bad everyone wants Cowher, Pioli, Parcells, Shannahan etc... are these guys not cast offs from other teams?
    I think it all depends really. Speaking for myself I would have to say that none of these guys except for Shanahan are cast offs. For someone to truly be a cast off, they would have had to have been "fired" by their previous team.

Cowher retired, I fully believe he would still be coaching the Steelers had he not retired.

Pioli is still employed, he has not been cast off from any team. In his case he is looking to move up, sort of a job promotion so to speak, nothing wrong with that.

Parcells, I believe that if Parcells were to leave Miami, it is not because the ownership does not want him there, it is because he does not want to work with new ownership. Parcells has left a number of teams, but always on his own decision, never having been fired as far as I know.

Shanahan is one that you mentioned that truly could be considered a cast off. He was let go by the Broncos, but probably more for his inability to be General Manager than for his ability to coach the team. But yes, your criticism of Shanahan is justified in this sense.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I'm not criuticizing. In all honesty, when it comes to a GM I have no clue. I watch the game but I could care less who most management/head office guys are for the most part. I trust that Clark will make the right choice, I was just curious if our new GM does not work out, is he going to be another "complaint" on the list of people we have taken from other teams.

But I guess most guys who are qualified for this type of position have to work their way up somewhere right?!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

well it still was stupid to put in grbac over gannon when he was winning for us.Oh well i suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefstillidie View Post
    well it still was stupid to put in grbac over gannon when he was winning for us.Oh well i suppose!
    What's really frustrating is the fact that we didn't learn from it and made the same mistake with Huard and Green. The only difference is that Gannon should have started the following season, as well. Huard's window was only for that one season in Herm's first year here and he got screwed out of it, IMO.
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 01-07-2009 at 05:00 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    What's really frustrating is the fact that we didn't learn from it and made the same mistake with Huard and Green. The only difference is that Gannon should have started the following season, as well. Huard's window was only for that one season in Herm's first year here and he got screwed out of it, IMO.

you are so right i do remember wishing they would have put huard in at the time but herm the idiot that he is kept green in there because he wanted to show green loyalty because he was the starter! It's not about who should be the starter..it's about who will win for you team i thought i remember but oh well to that i suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefstillidie View Post
    Just like it was stupid to put Green back in at Quarterback when we went into that playoff game in 04. Huard had been playing well and Green had not played all season. Coaches do this because they do not want to start a quarterback controversy, but sometimes the controversy I think is better than the results.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I was more frustrated in 1995 when Elliot missed three field goals in yet another season where we had a 13-3 record with home field. I know everyone in the apartment complaex I lived in at the time heard my screams of pain everytime he missed a damn field goal. NOw that was worse to me...

L. Elliot dumba$$!
    "matriculate the ball up the field, boys,"

Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    I was more frustrated in 1995 when Elliot missed three field goals in yet another season where we had a 13-3 record with home field. I know everyone in the apartment complaex I lived in at the time heard my screams of pain everytime he missed a damn field goal. NOw that was worse to me...

L. Elliot dumba$$!
    Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me of that one...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast