Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: i still like thigpen as our starter for the future

Default i still like thigpen as our starter for the future

he did pretty good for just getting thrown into the situation he got thrown into...after are 2 starting qb's that both suck go down he came in and did a great job i think...he did make some stupid throw's but he is young and he will get better as time progresses...some of you will disagree with me but i support thigpen in 2009!

Huard - To old....youth movement should sign his exit card.

Croyle - To injury prone

Thigpen - Our best option right now

Seriously folks, Thigpen is our best option. He's been shaky but he took over the reigns of a team in utter chaos. He did a damn fine job in my opinion. Granted I don't think he's our future, but he's a damn fine place holder until we decide to pull our heads out and finally draft a franchise QB. I just hope when we do finally draft a QB it's not the 2nd coming of Blackledge.......:sign0080:
    Card Carrying Member of the Raider Haters!
    Remembering DT Forever #58 We Miss You!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Again, are you going to back that up with some facts? Or are you still under the impression that your opinion is fact?
    Really? I mean fricken REALLY?????????

How about the undertaker playing in Oakland? Howd he work out? #2 overall pick!!!!

How about Mike Williams that was drafted #4 overall by Buffalo? Is he still in the league?

I could go on for days. Give me a break!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Really? I mean fricken REALLY?????????

How about the undertaker playing in Oakland? Howd he work out? #2 overall pick!!!!

How about Mike Williams that was drafted #4 overall by Buffalo? Is he still in the league?

I could go on for days. Give me a break!!!
    Not to get in the middle of this, but the bust rate for 1st round QBs is much greater than for OL. OL is traditionally the safest position to draft, guys like Williams, Kenyetta Walker, and Robert Gallery aside.

You're right that every team needs a good QB. But who would you draft this year, except Stafford, to be our QBOTF?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Not to get in the middle of this, but the bust rate for 1st round QBs is much greater than for OL. OL is traditionally the safest position to draft, guys like Williams, Kenyetta Walker, and Robert Gallery aside.

You're right that every team needs a good QB. But who would you draft this year, except Stafford, to be our QBOTF?
    I am speaking of EVERY other position besides QB. O line was just an example. It was said that the bust rate of the QB position was higher than any other position on the field. Just not true! Besides, in this decade alone a person could name a ton more olineman that are busts compared to QB's strictly from the quantity drafted!
    Last edited by Drunker Hillbilly; 12-30-2008 at 01:32 PM.

I am speaking of EVERY other position besides QB. O line was just an example. It was said that the bust rate of the QB position was higher than any other position on the field. Just not true! Besides, in this decade alone a person could name a ton more olineman that are busts compared to QB's strictly from the quantity drafted!
    I don't think you're correct on that. Even if you just look at the top 5 picks over the past decade, you will see massive more busts in QB (Couch, Akili Smith, Carr, Harrington, etc.) than OL (only Gallery and Williams come to mind).

If my memory serves, the probability of 1st round busts since 1990 goes:

WR (about 70% if I remember correctly)
    QB
    DB
    DL
    LB
    OL
    RB

If I remember correctly, about 60% of QBs taken in the first round bust, as opposed to 35% of OL.

I want thingpen as our starter he deserves atleast to be it next year I think we have a qb situtuation under control.

I don't think you're correct on that. Even if you just look at the top 5 picks over the past decade, you will see massive more busts in QB (Couch, Akili Smith, Carr, Harrington, etc.) than OL (only Gallery and Williams come to mind).

If my memory serves, the probability of 1st round busts since 1990 goes:

WR (about 70% if I remember correctly)
    QB
    DB
    DL
    LB
    OL
    RB

If I remember correctly, about 60% of QBs taken in the first round bust, as opposed to 35% of OL.
    READ the post! I'm not just talking about the O Line. I'm talking about other positions too. It is virtually impossible to have more busts at the QB position since there are many many more players drafted at the other positions!!!

READ the post! I'm not just talking about the O Line. I'm talking about other positions too. It is virtually impossible to have more busts at the QB position since there are many many more players drafted at the other positions!!!
    More 1st round QBs bust by the % selected than at any other position than WR. In gross numbers, more 1st round QBs bust than 1st round OL.

Look, I gave you the numbers. I know it must not feel or sound right to you, but those are the facts. The Chiefs have a much, much greater chance busting with a QB than any position except WR. They have the least chance of busting by choosing a OL at any position except for RB.

Look at the drafts from 1990 to the present. They're available for free on wikipedia. By % and by whole numbers, you have more 1st round busts at QB than OL. And by %, you have more busts at QB than almost every other position.

How, exactly, are you disputing this?

Like I said before, drafting one of these two QBs #3 would be THE BIGGEST gamble EVER by this organization.

EVER!!!!!!!!!!

This franchise just isn't in the position to take gamble on taking a QB right now, especially if this is one of the last uncapped rookie salary years. We need to take the safest pick. That's obviously OT or LB. The ONLY reason I'd hate to see us take an OT (other than the huge salary) is the fact that it would absolutely DESTROY the value we got in drafting Albert last season. I think we got a steal in Albert last year, and while another LT would allow us to move Albert inside to bolster the line with two potential Pro Bowlers, the organization would get better value if they could fill the guard spot with either Niswanger or a later draft pick. Otherwise, we'd essentially be drafting a guard with the 15th pick from last year, which probably wouldn't have happened; that pick probably would've been a DE instead.

More 1st round QBs bust by the % selected than at any other position than WR. In gross numbers, more 1st round QBs bust than 1st round OL.

Look, I gave you the numbers. I know it must not feel or sound right to you, but those are the facts. The Chiefs have a much, much greater chance busting with a QB than any position except WR. They have the least chance of busting by choosing a OL at any position except for RB.

Look at the drafts from 1990 to the present. They're available for free on wikipedia. By % and by whole numbers, you have more 1st round busts at QB than OL. And by %, you have more busts at QB than almost every other position.

How, exactly, are you disputing this?
    Here's where the problem is. You keep bringing up the O line for some ungodly reason even after repeated posts about me not talking about just O linemen. Also, I'm not sure but I don't believe I ever said anything about 1st round anything. I also addressed the % thing in an earlier post.

Since your on wikipedia tell me how many QB's were drafted this year and tell me how many whatever..OL, DL, WR's whatever were drafted. The number will be sooo lopsided in the OTHER catagory it not funny. Then tell me what number of drafted QB's were productive compared to the productive OTHER positions. Not that played, that were productive. Again, not close. I use the "productive" term because some who consider someone a bust may not be by another.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast