Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: i still like thigpen as our starter for the future

Default i still like thigpen as our starter for the future

he did pretty good for just getting thrown into the situation he got thrown into...after are 2 starting qb's that both suck go down he came in and did a great job i think...he did make some stupid throw's but he is young and he will get better as time progresses...some of you will disagree with me but i support thigpen in 2009!

I think they will pick up a QB in the draft then pick up a vet. QB in the offseason and keep Thig and let them battle it out.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I think they will pick up a QB in the draft then pick up a vet. QB in the offseason and keep Thig and let them battle it out.

Not being a *******o, here, but why in particular do you think that?

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Not being a *******o, here, but why in particular do you think that?

jb
    I also think the Chiefs will draft a Qb, and I don't like it. I want Thigpen. I don'g think they will sign a vet though.

My reasoning is the same reasoning I think Herm is done. (other than he sucks) The new GM is building his own team, he will build it with his guys. Starting with his coach followed by the QB. Thigpen will stay and give the new QB competition, and maybe start until the next Qb is ready to take it from him.

As it has been stated in numerous threads...

UNTIL the offensive line is FIXED.. it won't matter who the QB is or how good the RBs are.

Rebuild from the trenches, then worry about the "stars"
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post

I wont be surprised if Oher isnt even a top ten pick.
    Me either. I think he is WAY overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    As it has been stated in numerous threads...

UNTIL the offensive line is FIXED.. it won't matter who the QB is or how good the RBs are.

Rebuild from the trenches, then worry about the "stars"
    I think this is the best approach as well. Everything starts in the trenches. A good line makes our running game look better, which will help out our qb.

Post Believer in Thigpen

I have't read much of this tread yet, say the overall topic so here it goes:

I am a firm believer in Thigpen as our starter. I was talking to a friend of mine in preseason and stated "this kid is the most athletic QB we have, and I see him as being the starter by the end of the season" then he started the Atlanta Game, and I heard about it (haha)

He then turned it around and proved me right. He is a very good young player, with much upside (mobile, big heart, and physical). My belief is that a QB and RB are only as good as their O-line, if you can't protect them, they can't play.

Two arguments I have on Thigpens' Behalf:

1. I think it's BS about the talk on he wasn't running an "NFL style offense". Guess what people, the Chiefs are in the "NFL", and they were running that offense successfully in the "NFL" so who gives a hoot! Its not like we get docked points in a game, or flagged 5yds every time we line up in a spread offense, we moved the ball the best all season in that offense, and good coaches, coach to theri players strengths. "IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!"

2. Although Thigpen only won 1 game under center this season, it is not all his fault. The blame always gets shoved on the coach and QB when there are 52 others players on the roster. The Chiefs lost I think 9 games this season by 7 points or less, mostly in the 4th quarter, last 2 mins, and some in OT. If we can get 3 solid starters on Defense through FA and the Draft (DE, ILB, OLB) I think our record this season would improve dramatically.

Goog Luck next year Tyler!

Quote Originally Posted by RedZones View Post

I am a firm believer in Thigpen as our starter. I was talking to a friend of mine in preseason and stated "this kid is the most athletic QB we have, and I see him as being the starter by the end of the season" then he started the Atlanta Game, and I heard about it (haha)

He then turned it around and proved me right. He is a very good young player, with much upside (mobile, big heart, and physical). My belief is that a QB and RB are only as good as their O-line, if you can't protect them, they can't play.

1. I think it's BS about the talk on he wasn't running an "NFL style offense". Guess what people, the Chiefs are in the "NFL", and they were running that offense successfully in the "NFL" so who gives a hoot! Its not like we get docked points in a game, or flagged 5yds every time we line up in a spread offense, we moved the ball the best all season in that offense, and good coaches, coach to theri players strengths. "IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT!"

2. Although Thigpen only won 1 game under center this season, it is not all his fault. The blame always gets shoved on the coach and QB when there are 52 others players on the roster. The Chiefs lost I think 9 games this season by 7 points or less, mostly in the 4th quarter, last 2 mins, and some in OT. If we can get 3 solid starters on Defense through FA and the Draft (DE, ILB, OLB) I think our record this season would improve dramatically.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by RedZones View Post

We only won one game in the spread - it is a bad offense in the NFL because your defense is on the field too much, you can't grind the clock down, and because defenses are able to adapt pretty easily for the 2nd half, making the spread ineffective in the 2nd halves of games. We lost the Chargers and Bucs games specifically because of these problems.

The longer we play in the spread, the more it hurts our young guys (Albert, Bowe, Bradley, Thigpen, Cottam, Charles, etc.), who will become accustomed to it and may be unable to move back successfully to a regular NFL offense.

I think Thigpen, if we get him a real offensive line, may be able to run a NFL style offense. Until we get one, we won't know. As the 2009 draft is awful for QBs and the 2010 draft is rich with them, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to draft anyone this year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I think Thigpen, if we get him a real offensive line, may be able to run a NFL style offense. Until we get one, we won't know. As the 2009 draft is awful for QBs and the 2010 draft is rich with them, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to draft anyone this year anyway.
    I agree.

Anyways, the reason for switching to the spread during the season was to help our offensive line. Our offensive line was terrible in the normal style offense. It could not run block or pass block. When we switched to the spread, the number of sacks allowed plummeted. Although the running game did not really pick up from our hb's, Thigpen was able to scramble easier in shotgun and run for yards.

Next year, with some offseason additions to our line, we will most likely return to the normal style. If not, say hello to the spread again.

Default best in awhile

Tyler may not be manning or brady but he is head & shoulders above croyle or huard. i'd like to see him get a shot behind an O line that can block for the run and pass protect. He could lead us for years, asuming we also get a defensive pass rush. boy that's a lot of ifs'.