Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 1st Round Pick - QB?

Default 1st Round Pick - QB?

I was watching ESPN this morning and according to one of their analysts, the Chiefs will draft Matt Stafford. I saw on a website that Sam Bradford will be selected by the Chiefs. Is it really another quarterback that we need the most right now?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I though I read that tebow was not going to declare for the draft?
    Yeah Tebow staying at Florida...
    SHUT IT

Thumbs down No need for Crabtree

How many times do people have to post on here, before they realize we don't need Crabtree. It's a waist of that high of a pick!

I know more people agree with me I've seen the posts.

we have higher need at other positions before WR such as OL, DE, and LB!

Quote Originally Posted by RedZones View Post
    How many times do people have to post on here, before they realize we don't need Crabtree. It's a waist of that high of a pick!

Easy. Everyone has their own opinions. You can easily make an argument for taking the best player available(BPA), which by many critics is Michael Crabtree. If you draft based upon team need, then I'd agree that the Chiefs have larger needs than WR.

Quote Originally Posted by RedZones View Post

While it would be nice to get a guy like Crabtree, we do indeed have more pressing needs. That first pick really needs to be a defensive player. The offense showed they could put points up and with some work they can get better. But the defense is in terrible need of talent. The last thing we should be wasting a first round pick on is a QB or WR.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Easy. Everyone has their own opinions. You can easily make an argument for taking the best player available(BPA), which by many critics is Michael Crabtree. If you draft based upon team need, then I'd agree that the Chiefs have larger needs than WR.
    You bet. If Crabtree is available and we take him, I'll deal with that. I was against taking Bowe 2 years ago and posted we should had drafted OL then, too. Bowe turned out to be a good pick and Crabtree probably would, too. But if it was my draft, I would take Andre Smith...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    While it would be nice to get a guy like Crabtree, we do indeed have more pressing needs. That first pick really needs to be a defensive player. The offense showed they could put points up and with some work they can get better. But the defense is in terrible need of talent. The last thing we should be wasting a first round pick on a QB or WR.
    We surely need help on D, but I hope we can deal with that more through FA than draft. We need veteran leadership on D that can produce sooner than later...
    I really don't see LB, DL, or DE worthy of 3rd pick right now, but could change after combines or come draft time...
    SHUT IT

I have my own personal opinions on everyone to take, but the one positive note about our drafts is that no matter the 1st pick, he will be used. That's one thing I love about our drafts, every single pick is exciting and while I don't care for getting a 1st rd qb or snatching Crabtree just to grab him... I'm looking deathly forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    I have my own personal opinions on everyone to take, but the one positive note about our drafts is that no matter the 1st pick, he will be used. That's one thing I love about our drafts, every single pick is exciting and while I don't care for getting a 1st rd qb or snatching Crabtree just to grab him... I'm looking deathly forward to it.
    You bet draft day is fun to watch and is like a chess match waiting to see who is going to move where. Who ever we pick 1st will provide immediate impact for us just don't know if it will be Smith, Oher, Crabtree, Stafford, Orapko, Currey, who knows what new gm will do...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    You bet draft day is fun to watch and is like a chess match waiting to see who is going to move where. Who ever we pick 1st will provide immediate impact for us just don't know if it will be Smith, Oher, Crabtree, Stafford, Orapko, Currey, who knows what new gm will do...
    I will let you know after I sign the contract that Clark is surely drawing up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I will let you know after I sign the contract that Clark is surely drawing up for me.
    Does that mean free beer and season tickets for upstanding ChiefsCrowd members? (and me, too?) after you sign for the big cash??
    SHUT IT

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast