Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Donks Fire Shanahan

Default Donks Fire Shanahan

I cant belive the fired him! He better not be the chiefs next head coach!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Herm moving to GM would solve the coaching problem, in a sense because he would not be there anymore. While I am not sold on the idea, I do think the Chiefs had one of the best drafts they have ever had. Herm does deserve part of the credit for it. That is kind of a far reach for him though, don't you think?

I agree with you that just because Pioli is from the Patriots does not make him a genius to be the next GM. It'll be hard to say whether he learned anything from them. But he does seem like a possibility because he has the potential to fit the requirements Clark Hunt mapped out for the next GM he wants.

If the Chiefs do promote Herm to GM, do you think the Chiefs wil bring in Schottenheimer for a position and if so, do Herm and Marty get along?
    I don't see why Herm and Schott wouldn't get along. They coached together in the 90's. I think they have parallel views on how to build a team. But I could see them butting heads over players. If one comes in, i don't see the other coming in as well. That's why the coaching problem bothers me. There really isn't a clear cut guy who could come in and continue what has been started.

I'd imagine the HC would have to come from Chicago, Indy, or Tampa. I just don't see that guy yet. Why isn't there a Jack Del-Rio on the map when the Chiefs are looking for a coaching candidate. I'd like someone in here who could be a great coach and make the correct decisions on the field. Herm HAS shown weaknesses there. But I'd like a fresh face on the Head Coaching landscape who the franchise and fan base would give some time to prove his capabilities. I'm afraid that if we bring in someone with high expectations that the fan base would get impatient after a couple years if things don't go well and just say stuff like, "the game passed him up" or some crap like that as they scream for a new coach every third year. That's just a poor approach.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Steve Spagnuolo?
    yeah, maybe. he just seems like a "trendy" pick to me. something like the Crennel pick by the Browns. I think some defensive coordinators are like system QBs in college; they look good because of the situation they're in. The talent Spagnuolo has had the past few years has been top 3 talent consistently. He did good enough not to screw it up. Good for him. But his guys aren't good because of the system. It seems like its the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I'm ready to see the Kansas City Chiefs mentioned as one of the great dynasties of all time.
    I am too.

Point me to a link that proves your suggestion is best please.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I am too.

Point me to a link that proves your suggestion is best please.
    What suggestion are you referring to?

yeah, maybe. he just seems like a "trendy" pick to me. something like the Crennel pick by the Browns. I think some defensive coordinators are like system QBs in college; they look good because of the situation they're in. The talent Spagnuolo has had the past few years has been top 3 talent consistently. He did good enough not to screw it up. Good for him. But his guys aren't good because of the system. It seems like its the other way around.
    The only dominating defenses I can think of are Ravens and Steelers. I do not know if their defensive coordinators are looking to become head coaches.

It is just one that has been popping up constantly since coaches have been fired. I am not sure how well of a coach he is. He did learn under Jim Johnson which makes for good blitz packages. That is one thing the Chiefs do need. However, you have to agree that his defense plays well without many star players outside the D-line.

Another candidate is the defensive coordinator of the Vikings, Leslie Frazier. I do think he is a system defensive coordinator since the Vikings are always good against the run but bad against the pass, but the Vikings do have a history of making good head coaches.

I just wanted to chime in again by asking if a Mike Shanahan coached offensive line has ever been anything less than spectatular. He's always had a unique approach to coaching the line. I don't know if he still does it, but the Broncos O-Line used to not be allowed to talk to the media or introduce themselves when they show the Monday Night Football rosters. I thought it was kind of weird, but you can't judge success. They gave up the least sacks in the league this season. I'd love for him to bring that type of production here.

Mike Martz is a good offensive coordinator and a terrible coach. If you look at the 49ers personnel this season, there's no way they should have been anything less than the worst offensive team in the league. I think they were 23rd, which is obviously not good but much better than what they should have been. I do not want him to be the head coach of the Chiefs whatsoever, however.

Y'all are joking right? Do y'all not remember him already having coached there? Why do you think the Broncos go out of their way to run up the score every time they beat the Raiders? Davis already screwed Mike over. I doubt Mike would put himself BACK in that situation.

What frikin part of "he wouldnt work for that POS owner" didnt you understand?????

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345