Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Donks Fire Shanahan

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    HAWKEYE STATE
    Posts
    386
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Donks Fire Shanahan


    0 Not allowed!
    I cant belive the fired him! He better not be the chiefs next head coach!!!

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'd like to go on record as being opposed to Shannahan.
    And I would like to go on the record being opposed to Mike Martz.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Haha, you would. It's why I like having you around.
    He's done a great job of building a consistently mediocre team. I'm so sick of mediocrity. I'd rather lose for a couple years while we build a dynasty. I'm not exactly excited about building a team who can compete for a wild card. I want a team that will compete for a first round bye EVERY SEASON.

    I'm so far from interested in just getting to the playoffs. I want the Chiefs to be the next Patriot team. Shanahan has proven that he can't do that over the last 13 years. He couldn't do a thing once Elway left. I realize most people on this board just want to see a winning record again, but I'm not one of them. I'm ready to see the Kansas City Chiefs mentioned as one of the great dynasties of all time. Shanahan is NOT that coach. Neither is Cowher for that matter.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    And I would like to go on the record being opposed to Mike Martz.
    +1 POS IMO

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    He's done a great job of building a consistently mediocre team. I'm so sick of mediocrity. I'd rather lose for a couple years while we build a dynasty. I'm not exactly excited about building a team who can compete for a wild card. I want a team that will compete for a first round bye EVERY SEASON.

    I'm so far from interested in just getting to the playoffs. I want the Chiefs to be the next Patriot team. Shanahan has proven that he can't do that over the last 13 years. He couldn't do a thing once Elway left. I realize most people on this board just want to see a winning record again, but I'm not one of them. I'm ready to see the Kansas City Chiefs mentioned as one of the great dynasties of all time. Shanahan is NOT that coach. Neither is Cowher for that matter.
    Not making excuses for Shanahan, but once the Chargers got Schottenheimer, it hurt Shanahan's chances of making the playoffs. I think more reason to have Schottenheimer.

    Shanahan may not be the answer. But how many choices do we have? You are right that the Chiefs should not settle for trying for a wild card. I think everyone on the board agrees that we want to become the next dynasty, not just a superbowl winner. It is hard to say at this point if Hunt will put the right people into action. I hope he does. I think he will. So we'll see.

    Just wondering, is Scott Pioli your choice for GM?

    And I want you to know that I do like having you on the boards. I was not being sarcastic earlier in this thread. You see things opposite to what I do, but do it with facts and intelligence. It's a challenge and who doesn't like a good challenge.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,381
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 61

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I vote for Marty, I think, and probably wrong, Marty will bring back the team that we all love. He did it when he was head coach, I remember the pre Marty days, it sucked!
    But seats were cheap, before Marty. and now they are again.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Not making excuses for Shanahan, but once the Chargers got Schottenheimer, it hurt Shanahan's chances of making the playoffs. I think more reason to have Schottenheimer.

    Shanahan may not be the answer. But how many choices do we have? You are right that the Chiefs should not settle for trying for a wild card. I think everyone on the board agrees that we want to become the next dynasty, not just a superbowl winner. It is hard to say at this point if Hunt will put the right people into action. I hope he does. I think he will. So we'll see.

    Just wondering, is Scott Pioli your choice for GM?

    And I want you to know that I do like having you on the boards. I was not being sarcastic earlier in this thread. You see things opposite to what I do, but do it with facts and intelligence. It's a challenge and who doesn't like a good challenge.
    Pioli ISN'T THE GUY making the decisions over there. He does help and has seen how a dynasty works in the NFL. I just don't like the idea of taking people from that organization. They haven't seemed to pan out well once they leave. I thought they were a great group when they were together, but I'm not convinced they're just as good separate. Once a few of their guys can prove they can handle life away from Belichick, then I'll jump on the "raid the Pats" bandwagon. That just hasn't proven to be a good approach in the past.

    Schott has proven that he can build some good to one the verge of great teams. I wouldn't be COMPLETELY opposed to him, but again, he seems to have a ceiling that is less than what I would want.

    Quite honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to Edwards being the new GM. I've stated on here several times that I agree with the approach that this organization has taken over the past year. There are things about his coaching that are just non-defendable. But the direction and the plan is a sound one and if Herm is the guy who pushed the owner to follow the plan against Peterson's wishes, I think he should stay on and continue the building. Then, the question would turn to coach. I honestly don't know who I want as coach yet.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    He's done a great job of building a consistently mediocre team. I'm so sick of mediocrity. I'd rather lose for a couple years while we build a dynasty. I'm not exactly excited about building a team who can compete for a wild card. I want a team that will compete for a first round bye EVERY SEASON.

    I'm so far from interested in just getting to the playoffs. I want the Chiefs to be the next Patriot team. Shanahan has proven that he can't do that over the last 13 years. He couldn't do a thing once Elway left. I realize most people on this board just want to see a winning record again, but I'm not one of them. I'm ready to see the Kansas City Chiefs mentioned as one of the great dynasties of all time. Shanahan is NOT that coach. Neither is Cowher for that matter.
    What coach out there really can make that claim? Belichek? Apparently he could not do it without Brady and cheating.

    Dungy? would not be able to do it without Manning.

    Shanahan has had a harder time building without Elway, I'll give you that, but that is the same for every coach out there. They need the players to be a dynasty. Offensively behind Cutler, the Broncos could be that team, defensive was their Achilles heal.

    Cowher actually did a lot with not a lot of talent in the past. Rothlesberger is a good quarterback, but is he as good as Brady or Manning?

    I think all of those guys are the cream of the crop. You could also put Schottenheimer in there. He just needs someone to help him make the big game decisions is all.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Pioli ISN'T THE GUY making the decisions over there. He does help and has seen how a dynasty works in the NFL. I just don't like the idea of taking people from that organization. They haven't seemed to pan out well once they leave. I thought they were a great group when they were together, but I'm not convinced they're just as good separate. Once a few of their guys can prove they can handle life away from Belichick, then I'll jump on the "raid the Pats" bandwagon. That just hasn't proven to be a good approach in the past.

    Schott has proven that he can build some good to one the verge of great teams. I wouldn't be COMPLETELY opposed to him, but again, he seems to have a ceiling that is less than what I would want.

    Quite honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to Edwards being the new GM. I've stated on here several times that I agree with the approach that this organization has taken over the past year. There are things about his coaching that are just non-defendable. But the direction and the plan is a sound one and if Herm is the guy who pushed the owner to follow the plan against Peterson's wishes, I think he should stay on and continue the building. Then, the question would turn to coach. I honestly don't know who I want as coach yet.
    Herm moving to GM would solve the coaching problem, in a sense because he would not be there anymore. While I am not sold on the idea, I do think the Chiefs had one of the best drafts they have ever had. Herm does deserve part of the credit for it. That is kind of a far reach for him though, don't you think?

    I agree with you that just because Pioli is from the Patriots does not make him a genius to be the next GM. It'll be hard to say whether he learned anything from them. But he does seem like a possibility because he has the potential to fit the requirements Clark Hunt mapped out for the next GM he wants.

    If the Chiefs do promote Herm to GM, do you think the Chiefs wil bring in Schottenheimer for a position and if so, do Herm and Marty get along?

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    What coach out there really can make that claim? Belichek? Apparently he could not do it without Brady and cheating.

    Dungy? would not be able to do it without Manning.

    Shanahan has had a harder time building without Elway, I'll give you that, but that is the same for every coach out there. They need the players to be a dynasty. Offensively behind Cutler, the Broncos could be that team, defensive was their Achilles heal.

    Cowher actually did a lot with not a lot of talent in the past. Rothlesberger is a good quarterback, but is he as good as Brady or Manning?

    I think all of those guys are the cream of the crop. You could also put Schottenheimer in there. He just needs someone to help him make the big game decisions is all.
    There just isn't that coach out there that I feel great about. We know what each of those guys can do. None of it just blows me away. Cowher had a LONG tenure with Pitt and only got one Super Bowl. That's all Dungy has too. Schott doesn't even have one. Shanahan hasn't shown he reproduce what he did in the late 90's.

    I just wish there was a dominant defense in the league somewhere who's coordinator was knocking down our door for a HC spot. That just isn't happening this year.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    There just isn't that coach out there that I feel great about. We know what each of those guys can do. None of it just blows me away. Cowher had a LONG tenure with Pitt and only got one Super Bowl. That's all Dungy has too. Schott doesn't even have one. Shanahan hasn't shown he reproduce what he did in the late 90's.

    I just wish there was a dominant defense in the league somewhere who's coordinator was knocking down our door for a HC spot. That just isn't happening this year.
    Steve Spagnuolo?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •