Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft

Default Mock Draft

I have the Chiefs selecting in the first round:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    It's true that there are a lot of FA LBs in this upcoming season. I would like Vilma a whole lot. It is just something I have seen recently in many mock drafts. I like what I read about Curry, have not been able to see much of him playing, so I was wondering why some people think he could go high.
    He would probably be a good LB, but I don't see the speed in him that I'd like to see in a LB that would warrant a top 3 pick. If I'm taking an OLB #3, he better be THE BEST OLB prospect to come out this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'm going to be extremely surprised if he would fill a need for the Chiefs or if he'd even be worth the value of the #3 pick once April rolls around.
    WHAT? It would be safe to say that we rarely disagree Tex, but your flippin crazy on this one. Aaron Curry is EXACTLY what we need right now. Im, not sure if you know how good this guy is. He is the most COMPLETE player in this entire draft after Crabtree. In my opinion we only have two picks to make. Andre Smith #1 and if hes not their, Aaron Curry #2. Thats it. Linebacker is a huge weakness Tex and you know it. This guy is gonna run a sub 4.5 40 in the combine, watch!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    WHAT? It would be safe to say that we rarely disagree Tex, but your flippin crazy on this one. Aaron Curry is EXACTLY what we need right now. Im, not sure if you know how good this guy is. He is the most COMPLETE player in this entire draft after Crabtree. In my opinion we only have two picks to make. Andre Smith #1 and if hes not their, Aaron Curry #2. Thats it. Linebacker is a huge weakness Tex and you know it. This guy is gonna run a sub 4.5 40 in the combine, watch!
    You're right. RIGHT NOW, he WOULD fill a need. I just think there are enough options in free agency that we would probably fill that hole before the draft. That's all I was saying.

You're right. RIGHT NOW, he WOULD fill a need. I just think there are enough options in free agency that we would probably fill that hole before the draft. That's all I was saying.
    That actually makes sense to draft an OT then. If we fill the needs at DE and LB, then the only pressing need would be the O-line. Since there will be a scarce number of FA O-linemen, it is safe to say that any out there worth taking will demand high money. So instead, the Chiefs load up on FAs for the defense, then draft an OT and possibly OC in the second. You ever get that excitement just thinking about next season.

RIGHT NOW!
    Ha ha ha , I blew up "right now" bigger than you did! OK, all playing aside, you are right. If we pick up any one of the great FA linebackers available than we do not need this pick. If we get your guy from Baltimore, GeorgeKokinis, or even Decosta, than we would probably have one of their available LB's. Aaron Curry is so good that I would not be mad if we picked him after any of these situations....BUT, I would probably change my second choice to Oher.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    RIGHT NOW!
    Ha ha ha , I blew up "right now" bigger than you did! OK, all playing aside, you are right. If we pick up any one of the great FA linebackers available than we do not need this pick. If we get your guy from Baltimore, GeorgeKokinis, or even Decosta, than we would probably have one of their available LB's. Aaron Curry is so good that I would not be mad if we picked him after any of these situations....BUT, I would probably change my second choice to Oher.
    I think Oher is a better choice than Smith actually. Smith needs to lose weight or develop better technique. I like Oher because is probably the best pass blocker in the draft and he is ready to step in immediately. Not to mention he does just about everything as good as the other OTs if not better, except when it comes to run blocking. Obviously, Smith and Monroe will be better than Oher at that.

I think Oher is a better choice than Smith actually. Smith needs to lose weight or develop better technique. I like Oher because is probably the best pass blocker in the draft and he is ready to step in immediately. Not to mention he does just about everything as good as the other OTs if not better, except when it comes to run blocking. Obviously, Smith and Monroe will be better than Oher at that.
    I think if we take a LT, he needs to be a road plower. I don't want the Chiefs to be throwin the ball all over the field unless we keep the spread.

I think if we take a LT, he needs to be a road plower. I don't want the Chiefs to be throwin the ball all over the field unless we keep the spread.
    While I understand your concern, by no means is Oher bad at run blocking. I was just saying is the most complete LT. Smith will probably be taken by either the Lions or the Rams. So the choice is between Oher or Monroe. Either one I would be alright with. I just have to think that Oher has the upper hand. However, it would be cool to put Monroe and Albert back on the same line. By the way, in all this talk about LTs, where do you see Albert playing?

While I understand your concern, by no means is Oher bad at run blocking. I was just saying is the most complete LT. Smith will probably be taken by either the Lions or the Rams. So the choice is between Oher or Monroe. Either one I would be alright with. I just have to think that Oher has the upper hand. However, it would be cool to put Monroe and Albert back on the same line. By the way, in all this talk about LTs, where do you see Albert playing?
    Here's a scenario I've been thinking about.

What if the Lions and Rams decide to take OTs with their first picks? Suddenly, we have the 3rd best OT, the BEST WR and BOTH QBs fall in our laps. If in April, the third best OT isn't worth the 3rd pick, what do we do? Does that talent make our pick more attractive to trade up to, knowing the Chiefs could possibly take the best QB on the board? Would one of the other teams offer to trade up to take the best QB if the Chiefs are listening to offers as well? Do other teams panic and scramble up to the third spot to assure they get that next best OT?

I think the best thing that could happen for the Chiefs is if OTs are taken 1, 2 in the draft.

Albert could be moved to either RG or RT. He can play both. I think that any of the 3 top ten tackles will take his place. The smart thing to do would be to pick up a tackle in free agency liker Stacy Andrews or Marvel Smith and then draft a tackle and move Albert to guard where he played in college. Our line would be great

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast