Default Mock Draft

I have the Chiefs selecting in the first round:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    He does not have an $8 million salary next year

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...urn=nfl,132055
    if you include the singing bonus payment for next year, he DOES make 8 million. REVERSE your apaology JM!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    if you include the singing bonus payment for next year, he DOES make 8 million. REVERSE your apaology JM!
    I was going to say something about that, but decided to leave it alone.

LJ is still a nice chip to trade. He would cost the Chiefs $8 million in cap penalties to trade, but if we could get a 2nd and a 4th, he'd be worth it. I realize he's a good to great RB, people have to remember that he was only the 27th pick in the first round. While he does have a horrible contract that makes him worth less, getting a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick would be a lateral move at worst for the organization.

The more I look at Charles and his build relative to other RBs in the league, he compares favorably in stature and speed. He carried the load in a Texas system that ran the ball a lot more than they do now. I think he could do very well as a featured back.

Relieving the Rangers of his salary while gaining 2nd and 4th round picks would be WELL worth the $8 million cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

LJ is still a nice chip to trade. He would cost the Chiefs $8 million in cap penalties to trade, but if we could get a 2nd and a 4th, he'd be worth it. I realize he's a good to great RB, people have to remember that he was only the 27th pick in the first round. While he does have a horrible contract that makes him worth less, getting a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick would be a lateral move at worst for the organization.

The more I look at Charles and his build relative to other RBs in the league, he compares favorably in stature and speed. He carried the load in a Texas system that ran the ball a lot more than they do now. I think he could do very well as a featured back.

Relieving the Rangers of his salary while gaining 2nd and 4th round picks would be WELL worth the $8 million cap hit.
    If he was our featured back, we would still have to have a big back for short yardage situations. He would also have to get much better at holding onto the ball.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

A 2nd and a 4th would be glorious. We could then easily afford to use our 3rd to draft a big back, either Shonn Greene or Rashad Jennings and I think we'd have our backfield set for years. LJ's biggest thing going against him is age and while he's still a good back, it's likely he only has maybe 2-3 productive years left at the most. With Greene/Jennings and Charles, we could forget about that position for the forseeable future and concentrate elsewhere (OL/DL/LB).

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    A 2nd and a 4th would be glorious. We could then easily afford to use our 3rd to draft a big back, either Shonn Greene or Rashad Jennings and I think we'd have our backfield set for years. LJ's biggest thing going against him is age and while he's still a good back, it's likely he only has maybe 2-3 productive years left at the most. With Greene/Jennings and Charles, we could forget about that position for the forseeable future and concentrate elsewhere (OL/DL/LB).
    It's true that LJ is becoming old, but also remember that he has missed good number of games over the last two seasons. It is the only good news about LJ's four games suspension this season. Teams may like that he has not taken a beating over the last two years and be interested in taking him. Plus, they probably think like many people that LJ will be effective behind a good O-line. So a second and fourth would be perfect for the Chiefs. Now, who do you think will take him?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't. His salary is $8M next year if you include bonuses, but if we trade him, the other team will only have him on the books for his base salary, not his bonus money.

I can't believe I used my one error this early in the year. I was wrong in 2008 about Thigpen. I was wrong about this in 2009. I'm just going have to be correct until 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    It's true that LJ is becoming old, but also remember that he has missed good number of games over the last two seasons. It is the only good news about LJ's four games suspension this season. Teams may like that he has not taken a beating over the last two years and be interested in taking him. Plus, they probably think like many people that LJ will be effective behind a good O-line. So a second and fourth would be perfect for the Chiefs. Now, who do you think will take him?
    Teams that immediately come to mind would be the Cardinals, Eagles, Broncos, Seahawks, Pats. It'd be in our best interest to not trade him to the Broncos though. All of those teams have their 2nd and 4th round picks.

The Pats also have San Diego's 2nd round pick, which could make such a deal more enticing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    The Saints could take him. Bush isn't an every down back and Deuce is playing like a deuce. The Browns like a power running game. Lewis is a much older 29 than LJ as far as wear and tear is concerned.

The Saints could take him. Bush isn't an every down back and Deuce is playing like a deuce. The Browns like a power running game. Lewis is a much older 29 than LJ as far as wear and tear is concerned.
    But Pierre Thomas has emerged as their second back. He is more of a power runner than Bush, but not as good as LJ obviously. So it's a possibility but I think they will stick with Thomas and Bush since both them work with the offense they run.

Pierre Thomas turned out to be a great back for them and should start next year. I think if there's one requirement to be a useful back in New Orleans these days, it's that you're good in the passing game... something that LJ isn't, particularly when it comes to blocking.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast