Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft

Default Mock Draft

I have the Chiefs selecting in the first round:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Here's a scenario I've been thinking about.

What if the Lions and Rams decide to take OTs with their first picks? Suddenly, we have the 3rd best OT, the BEST WR and BOTH QBs fall in our laps. If in April, the third best OT isn't worth the 3rd pick, what do we do? Does that talent make our pick more attractive to trade up to, knowing the Chiefs could possibly take the best QB on the board? Would one of the other teams offer to trade up to take the best QB if the Chiefs are listening to offers as well? Do other teams panic and scramble up to the third spot to assure they get that next best OT?

I think the best thing that could happen for the Chiefs is if OTs are taken 1, 2 in the draft.
    Remember that Jason Smith, Brian Orakpo, and even Evrette Brown would be nice DE's to have. That is still a huge need and that is not a position that will be filled in Free Agency. That could be our 3rd pick in this scenario Tex. I hope to god that we do not waste this pick on a QB

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Remember that Jason Smith, Brian Orakpo, and even Evrette Brown would be nice DE's to have. That is still a huge need and that is not a position that will be filled in Free Agency. That could be our 3rd pick in this scenario Tex. I hope to god that we do not waste this pick on a QB
    If we can get my GM, we probably bring in Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    However, if the Chiefs are able to trade down, then those picks become more appealing. Jason Smith could go anywhere in the first round. But if we are unable to fill the DE role through free agency (I would not leave it up to chance if I'm the GM), then moving down would be the best thing for the team so that we can get the right value for a DE instead of reaching.

Here's a scenario I've been thinking about.

What if the Lions and Rams decide to take OTs with their first picks? Suddenly, we have the 3rd best OT, the BEST WR and BOTH QBs fall in our laps. If in April, the third best OT isn't worth the 3rd pick, what do we do? Does that talent make our pick more attractive to trade up to, knowing the Chiefs could possibly take the best QB on the board? Would one of the other teams offer to trade up to take the best QB if the Chiefs are listening to offers as well? Do other teams panic and scramble up to the third spot to assure they get that next best OT?

I think the best thing that could happen for the Chiefs is if OTs are taken 1, 2 in the draft.
    Ok but what team will be looking for a QB, and what do they have to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Ok but what team will be looking for a QB, and what do they have to offer?
    San Francisco for one. They have their 1st, 2nd and 4th to offer.

Yes please.

Yes please.
    But that's a stretch even for them. For that to happen, you have to think that they need to beat out Seattle and Oakland for QB. While no one knows what Oakland is doing, I doubt they draft another QB. Seattle may go for a QB since Hasselbeck is 33. But that is a big IF for San Fransisco to be wanting to move up.

Yes please.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    But that's a stretch even for them. For that to happen, you have to think that they need to beat out Seattle and Oakland for QB. While no one knows what Oakland is doing, I doubt they draft another QB. Seattle may go for a QB since Hasselbeck is 33. But that is a big IF for San Fransisco to be wanting to move up.
    But San Fransico could very well be the team that will want to. much thinkin now must i do nite crowd.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I think that all the mock drafts should wait until after Jan. 15th, when the college underclassmen have to declare. The entire scenario could change depending on who "comes out"
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

As far as linemen go, Oher all the way for me. I watched that guy play yesterday and he could block a truck. He also seems to be a high character guy who had a tough upbringing, kind of like Hali. Smith was suspended for contacting an agent, which kind of bothers me. He's also struggled with weight and showing up in football shape. I see him as having the potential to be the best run blocker of Smith, Monroe, Oher, but also by far the biggest bust potential.

If the scenario occurs with the 1st 2 picks being OTs, then I think we have to reach on Orakpo assuming we don't address the position in free agency. I wouldn't be completely opposed to Curry either. He's a better pass rusher than Maualuga and can play in both a 3-4 or 4-3, so he'll fit in no matter what his role.

The more I think about it, the more opposed I am to going QB with the 3rd pick. QB was one of few strengths for the Chiefs last season, so let's not try to improve what was one of the few bright spots.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast