Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft

Default Mock Draft

I have the Chiefs selecting in the first round:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here

I really don't have a problem with Monroe at #3. I know everyone has him as the 3rd best OT in the draft, but he seems the safest pick to me. Only for the fact that we have some sort of reference with Albert. If he was good enough to supplant Albert at LT, he's good enough to do it again. Plus, that would add some chemistry to the OL with his relationship already established with Albert. I think the relationship he already has with Albert might make up the difference between he and Oher or Smith.

Plus offensive line is usually the safest pick and its a pick that will immediately help a franchise.

Except when my Bills drafted T Mike Williams from Texas with the number four overall selection and he maybe saw the field from, well his TV set

I just hate the idea of ruining the value we got in Albert. That's really the biggest problem I have with taking an OT at #3. While it would fill a need by sliding Albert into a Guard position, we could fill that role by sliding Niswanger over and/or taking a center or guard later in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I really don't have a problem with Monroe at #3. I know everyone has him as the 3rd best OT in the draft, but he seems the safest pick to me. Only for the fact that we have some sort of reference with Albert. If he was good enough to supplant Albert at LT, he's good enough to do it again. Plus, that would add some chemistry to the OL with his relationship already established with Albert. I think the relationship he already has with Albert might make up the difference between he and Oher or Smith.

If you are saying that he's the 3rd best OT in the draft is he worth the huge contract he is gonna get. That's why I think its imperative we draft the best player available, would hate to see all that money go to the 3rd best when it should go to the best player we could get at that moment.

IMO, draft Crabtree and then trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I just hate the idea of ruining the value we got in Albert. That's really the biggest problem I have with taking an OT at #3. While it would fill a need by sliding Albert into a Guard position, we could fill that role by sliding Niswanger over and/or taking a center or guard later in the draft.
    Albert would not lose value. Sure, he will not be a LT, the premiere player on the O-line, but many offensive lines in the NFL have more than one player from the first round.

If you do not want Albert to lose value, then he could be moved to RT. I am confident he could handle the position and having two premiere tackles will make the line great for the next 10 years.

So the real question about the draft is who can handle a position for the season, to either prove to be a starter or until next year to replace them. Thigpen has earned a chance to start at QB for next season, but that does not make him our franchise QB. Niswanger has done good for the OC. I am not sure moving him to RG will work, but is that the chance we should take. Can Demarrio Williams, DJ, Donnie Edwards (if he does not retire), and Rocky Boiman handle the LB positions for next season?

I am not going to consider DE because I am almost for sure that will be taken care of through FA.

Quote Originally Posted by franchisedotcom View Post
    I have the Chiefs selecting in the first round:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here
    Nah, you're not trying to sell anything nor are you trying to be overtly obnoxious; so, you're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    IMO, draft Crabtree and then trade him.
    I don't think we would see a Rivers/Eli Manning trade ordeal here. If the Chiefs were to draft Crabtree I feel as if they would use him opposite Dwayne Bowe (outstanding pick btw, I really liked him coming out 2 years ago). The Chiefs could always then trade down if another team felt Crabtree would be picked up by another team in the top 7.

But, I don't do trade scenarios in my mock =/

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster
    Nah, you're not trying to sell anything nor are you trying to be overtly obnoxious; so, you're cool.
    Okay, thanks! =)

Just trying to receive input from other teams' fans

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Albert would not lose value. Sure, he will not be a LT, the premiere player on the O-line, but many offensive lines in the NFL have more than one player from the first round.

If you do not want Albert to lose value, then he could be moved to RT. I am confident he could handle the position and having two premiere tackles will make the line great for the next 10 years.

So the real question about the draft is who can handle a position for the season, to either prove to be a starter or until next year to replace them. Thigpen has earned a chance to start at QB for next season, but that does not make him our franchise QB. Niswanger has done good for the OC. I am not sure moving him to RG will work, but is that the chance we should take. Can Demarrio Williams, DJ, Donnie Edwards (if he does not retire), and Rocky Boiman handle the LB positions for next season?

I am not going to consider DE because I am almost for sure that will be taken care of through FA.
    I agree Albert won't lose value.

What did Dorsey do this year? I didn't see much of the Cheifs at all this year except when they played the Bills.

And also, if not Monroe if Oher and A. Smith are off the board, then who?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast