Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft

Default Mock Draft

I have the Chiefs selecting in the first round:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here

Quote Originally Posted by franchisedotcom View Post
    Gosder Cherilus (1st round tackle in 2008 draft) is their starting RT. They need an anchor and a stud LT now.
    Cherilus was actually benched this season even at RT, if I remember correctly. He was drafted to be a LT but didn't quite work out.

I agree that the Lions need a stud LT right now.

They also need someone to throw the ball and a new face of the franchise.

The Lions will have an empty stadium next year if they start Culpeper or Orlovsky. Neither of those guys could throw for 2,000 yards behind the 2003 Chiefs OL.

Trust me, unless the Lions somehow land a decent FA QB in Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, or Matt Cassel - and I don't think they will - they are taking a QB with the first pick. Not because of the on field product necessarily, but because the fan base needs a reason to hope next year will be different.

The Lions will try to fix their OL in FA and in the later parts of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Cherilus was actually benched this season even at RT, if I remember correctly. He was drafted to be a LT but didn't quite work out.

I agree that the Lions need a stud LT right now.

They also need someone to throw the ball and a new face of the franchise.

The Lions will have an empty stadium next year if they start Culpeper or Orlovsky. Neither of those guys could throw for 2,000 yards behind the 2003 Chiefs OL.

Trust me, unless the Lions somehow land a decent FA QB in Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, or Matt Cassel - and I don't think they will - they are taking a QB with the first pick. Not because of the on field product necessarily, but because the fan base needs a reason to hope next year will be different.

The Lions will try to fix their OL in FA and in the later parts of the draft.
    I agree the Lions will probably go QB with the first overall pick. It is not a smart choice, but since they have a new GM and head coach coming in, they will likely try to give team new life through a quarterback then go LT with the second first round.

I say crabtree 1st if not there for some fluke reason then a QB to develope under Thigpen and release croyle or huard perferably Croyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I say crabtree 1st if not there for some fluke reason then a QB to develope under Thigpen and release croyle or huard perferably Croyle.
    Only two rebuilding teams, to my memory, have successfully drafted a WR high (in the top 15) in the past ten years (Andre Johnson to Houston and Fitzgerald to the Cards). It's ranged from OK to disasterous every other time. Some like Moss and Braylon Edwards provide massive distractions and demand trades. Others (see: Lions) just never pan out.

WR is a luxury pick. Good teams rarely pick them in the first round (Colts excepted, but they draft better than any other team in existence in the later rounds). Those that do usually regret it.

Only two rebuilding teams, to my memory, have successfully drafted a WR high (in the top 15) in the past ten years (Andre Johnson to Houston and Fitzgerald to the Cards). It's ranged from OK to disasterous every other time. Some like Moss and Braylon Edwards provide massive distractions and demand trades. Others (see: Lions) just never pan out.

WR is a luxury pick. Good teams rarely pick them in the first round (Colts excepted, but they draft better than any other team in existence in the later rounds). Those that do usually regret it.
    Calvin Johnson looked pretty good to me this year while catching balls from whoever they put back there.

Am I the only one that thinks giving the 3rd bast OT in the draft isn't worth the money we are gonna have to spend on him.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks giving the 3rd bast OT in the draft isn't worth the money we are gonna have to spend on him.
    What about 2nd best?

I still think the Lions will chose a QB first overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Calvin Johnson looked pretty good to me this year while catching balls from whoever they put back there.
    I haven't come to a decision on him yet - he's getting stats, but isn't a game changer. He's a surer handed Bowe - not an Andre Johnson. Right now he's a bright spot for the Lions, but I bet they wish they rather had a premier DE, LT, or QB than him.

I haven't come to a decision on him yet - he's getting stats, but isn't a game changer. He's a surer handed Bowe - not an Andre Johnson. Right now he's a bright spot for the Lions, but I bet they wish they rather had a premier DE, LT, or QB than him.
    I agree with JM twice in one day (Im not sure if Im feeling OK) Although I do think that Calvin will become an unstoppable force and he almost is already. I agree that you can draft whoever you want, but if your lines arent good, then you might as well stay home on Sunday.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I think it still all depends on what free agents we secure. The fact that Crabtree was so spectacular as a sophomore really helps the Chiefs not get cornered into ONLY a LT or QB. That COULD also help the Chiefs trade down.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast