Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft

Default Mock Draft

I have the Chiefs selecting in the first round:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think it still all depends on what free agents we secure. The fact that Crabtree was so spectacular as a sophomore really helps the Chiefs not get cornered into ONLY a LT or QB. That COULD also help the Chiefs trade down.
    Very true. Because when you look at the teams looking into Crabtree, Seattle is the top candidate. However, i read today that Oakland and Al Davis may be looking to Crabtree to help out Russell. I know that Davis has a history of picking the freak athlete, but usually skips on the receiver. However, with Crabtree's skill and ability combined with Russell, Davis may go for it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Very true. Because when you look at the teams looking into Crabtree, Seattle is the top candidate. However, i read today that Oakland and Al Davis may be looking to Crabtree to help out Russell. I know that Davis has a history of picking the freak athlete, but usually skips on the receiver. However, with Crabtree's skill and ability combined with Russell, Davis may go for it this time.
    Oakland is going to have to trade up to get him. There's no way he falls that far.

Oakland is going to have to trade up to get him. There's no way he falls that far.
    That is what I am saying. Oakland shows interest in Crabtree and will have to beat Seattle to get him. So the Chiefs have a possibility to trade down, but it's slim.

That is what I am saying. Oakland shows interest in Crabtree and will have to beat Seattle to get him. So the Chiefs have a possibility to trade down, but it's slim.
    If they take Crabtree, we better either sign Asomugha or draft Malcom Jenkins when they trade down. lol

If they take Crabtree, we better either sign Asomugha or draft Malcom Jenkins when they trade down. lol
    Haha, interesting. I doubt they would trade their first round and Asomugha. If so, Al, thank you.

Malcolm Jenkins is a great athlete. I would love him on the Chiefs. But I still say Aaron Curry. That is a real hard choice. But if we go after Jenkins, maybe we can trade down again with the Browns because they really want him.

Haha, interesting. I doubt they would trade their first round and Asomugha. If so, Al, thank you.

Malcolm Jenkins is a great athlete. I would love him on the Chiefs. But I still say Aaron Curry. That is a real hard choice. But if we go after Jenkins, maybe we can trade down again with the Browns because they really want him.
    Asomugha will be a free agent. They'd only be trading their 1st round pick. If they lose Aso, they'd better stay put and take Jenkins themselves because we might be taking Crabtree.

Asomugha will be a free agent. They'd only be trading their 1st round pick. If they lose Aso, they'd better stay put and take Jenkins themselves because we might be taking Crabtree.
    Part of the reason they cut DeAngelo Hall, other than he sucks, is that they needed the cap room to try to sign Asomugha. But Davis will at least hit him with the franchise tag since there was no clause last season that they couldn't.

If they do lose Aso though, that would ruin our plan to trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks giving the 3rd bast OT in the draft isn't worth the money we are gonna have to spend on him.
    I know that you are not alone.

The fact that there are three OTs being ranked that high is evidence of the lack of value at other positions in this draft.

And it shows that NFL coaches are starting to understand the importance of having better O-linemen.

Also, getting the third OT pick does not mean getting the third best OT.

I can't see the organization taking, what they perceive to be, the third best OT in the draft, with the third overall pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I haven't come to a decision on him yet - he's getting stats, but isn't a game changer. He's a surer handed Bowe - not an Andre Johnson. Right now he's a bright spot for the Lions, but I bet they wish they rather had a premier DE, LT, or QB than him.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I agree with JM twice in one day (Im not sure if Im feeling OK) Although I do think that Calvin will become an unstoppable force and he almost is already. I agree that you can draft whoever you want, but if your lines arent good, then you might as well stay home on Sunday.
    I was wondering if someone else had taken over your keyboard.

I think it still all depends on what free agents we secure. The fact that Crabtree was so spectacular as a sophomore really helps the Chiefs not get cornered into ONLY a LT or QB. That COULD also help the Chiefs trade down.
    Ditto. What this team needs, as of right now, may not be the same as what it needs, when the draft arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I know that you are not alone.

The fact that there are three OTs being ranked that high is evidence of the lack of value at other positions in this draft.

And it shows that NFL coaches are starting to understand the importance of having better O-linemen.

Also, getting the third OT pick does not mean getting the third best OT.

I can't see the organization taking, what they perceive to be, the third best OT in the draft, with the third overall pick.
    The top three tackles all possess the same abilities to be great. I would even throw Jason Smith in there and say they top four tackles all will be greats

michael crabtree

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast