Thread: Mock Draft

Default Mock Draft

I have the Chiefs selecting in the first round:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here

Quote Originally Posted by franchisedotcom View Post
    I agree Albert won't lose value.

What did Dorsey do this year? I didn't see much of the Cheifs at all this year except when they played the Bills.

And also, if not Monroe if Oher and A. Smith are off the board, then who?
    If those two are off the board, we take Stafford and give thanks. As Stafford won't last past the 2 spot, either Oher or Smith should be available.

Dorsey got flattened at the line of scrimmage this year. It wasn't pretty.

I agree Albert won't lose value.

What did Dorsey do this year? I didn't see much of the Cheifs at all this year except when they played the Bills.

And also, if not Monroe if Oher and A. Smith are off the board, then who?
    It was a tough year for Dorsey, but the development of DT takes two to three years. I still like Dorsey and give him time to prove himself.

Other than Monroe or Oher, both look like solid all-around LT, then I guess the Chiefs go Aaron Curry or possibly Rey Maualuga. I like Curry, he has a ton of potential, and I would put him in front of Rey. But I do not know how you feel on those two, but it would probably be that, if they cannot trade down and take one of them (I know that no team would be crazy enough to trade that high).

I think that Orakpo and Michael Johnson have the potential to be great in the NFL, but maybe not worthy of the third spot.

Stafford...I don't know. I'm still on the fence if the Chiefs should take a QB. I like Thigpen, knowing that he may not be the franchise QB, but he can handle the position at least for one season, which I think he deserves.
    Last edited by theaxeeffect4311; 12-31-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    It was a tough year for Dorsey, but the development of DT takes two to three years. I still like Dorsey and give him time to prove himself.

Other than Monroe or Oher, both look like solid all-around LT, then I guess the Chiefs go Aaron Curry or possibly Rey Maualuga. I like Curry, he has a ton of potential, and I would put him in front of Rey. But I do not know how you feel on those two, but it would probably be that, if they cannot trade down and take one of them (I know that no team would be crazy enough to trade that high).

I think that Orakpo and Michael Johnson have the potential to be great in the NFL, but maybe not worthy of the third spot.

Stafford...I don't know. I'm still on the fence if the Chiefs should take a QB. I like Thigpen, knowing that he may not be the franchise QB, but he can handle the position at least for one season, which I think he deserves.
    I personally like Thigpen which is why I have Stafford slipping past the Cheifs. I feel that Curry and Rey from USC will both be top 10 picks.

I personally like Thigpen which is why I have Stafford slipping past the Cheifs. I feel that Curry and Rey from USC will both be top 10 picks.
    Yes, but who do you see as being better and why?

Stafford doesn't drop to Seattle, and the Lions don't pass on Stafford because Culpeper has a two-year deal. If the Lions pass (for whatever reason) the Rams will scoop him up as Bulger's replacement.

No offense, but your whole top-10 is off.

You have:

1. Detroit: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
    2. St. Louis: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
    3. Kansas City: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
    4. Seattle: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
    5. Cleveland: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
    6. Cincinnati: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
    7. Oakland: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
    8. Jacksonville: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
    9. Green Bay: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
    10. San Francisco: B.J. Rahji, DT, Boston College

It will go:

1. Detroit: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
    2. St. Louis: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
    3. Kansas City: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
    4. Seattle: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
    5. Cleveland: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
    6. Cincinnati: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
    7. Oakland: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
    8. Jacksonville: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
    9. Green Bay: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
    10. San Francisco: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

Detroit will get its QB of the future. St. Louis and KC will fix their OLs. Seattle will get a badly needed WR and wait until next year to draft a QBOTF. Cleveland badly needs CB and Jenkins is the best on the board (and no way he drops to 23 - GB will pick him if Cleveland doesn't). Cinci will both pick the best defensive player on the board. Oakland will beef up its terrible pass rush. Jacksonville will begin rebuilding its awful OL. Green Bay will get Curry as a gift. And San Fran already whiffed on a DT last year (Balmer) and will instead get a legitimate pass rusher opposite Smith.

You have Mack way too high and Laurinaitis way too low as well. No one's drafting a C in the top-15.

EDIT: And if Bradford comes out, put him in pen for the Jets.
    Last edited by jmlamerson; 12-31-2008 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Stafford doesn't drop to Seattle, and the Lions don't pass on Stafford because Culpeper has a two-year deal. If the Lions pass (for whatever reason) the Rams will scoop him up as Bulger's replacement.

No offense, but your whole top-10 is off.

You have:

1. Detroit: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
    2. St. Louis: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
    3. Kansas City: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
    4. Seattle: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
    5. Cleveland: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
    6. Cincinnati: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
    7. Oakland: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
    8. Jacksonville: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
    9. Green Bay: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
    10. San Francisco: B.J. Rahji, DT, Boston College

It will go:

1. Detroit: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
    2. St. Louis: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss
    3. Kansas City: Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
    4. Seattle: Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
    5. Cleveland: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
    6. Cincinnati: Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
    7. Oakland: Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
    8. Jacksonville: Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
    9. Green Bay: Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
    10. San Francisco: Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

Detroit will get its QB of the future. St. Louis and KC will fix their OLs. Seattle will get a badly needed WR and wait until next year to draft a QBOTF. Cleveland badly needs CB and Jenkins is the best on the board (and no way he drops to 23 - GB will pick him if Cleveland doesn't). Cinci will both pick the best defensive player on the board. Oakland will beef up its terrible pass rush. Jacksonville will begin rebuilding its awful OL. Green Bay will get Curry as a gift. And San Fran already whiffed on a DT last year (Balmer) and will instead get a legitimate pass rusher opposite Smith.

You have Mack way too high and Laurinaitis way too low as well. No one's drafting a C in the top-15.

EDIT: And if Bradford comes out, put him in pen for the Jets.
    Here is my topic over at Detroit
    http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...ead.php?t=3616

They concur with me with the LT pick being the number one overall. The beauty of the draft is that no one knows exactly how it will go. It's like March Madness!

I have the Chiefs selecting in the first round:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

to see the rest of my mock, please visit: draftking.blogspot.com

sorry if this is spam, but that's why I entered your teams picks here
    Wow! You have the top three picks all going to OTs and four of the top six.

Some people will have a pretty low opinion of you for that. Not me. I don't think that it will go like that. But It is reasonable, IMO.

I like Monroe though.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Wow! You have the top three picks all going to OTs and four of the top six.

Some people will have a pretty low opinion of you for that. Not me. I don't think that it will go like that. But It is reasonable, IMO.

I like Monroe though.
    Offensive line is going to be addressed by so many teams this year. Many teams have a pressing need for it and without knowing what will happen in free agency, the top four tackles all could go top 10.

Here is my topic over at Detroit
    http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...ead.php?t=3616

They concur with me with the LT pick being the number one overall. The beauty of the draft is that no one knows exactly how it will go. It's like March Madness!
    The Lions would pick LT first if (1) they were just another bad team; (2) they had anyone to play QB next year; (3) they didn't spend a 1st rounder on LT last year; and (4) they didn't need to signal a change in direction of the franchise.

The Lions are the worst team in history and have no one to start at QB next year worth anything. To keep the fanbase, they are going to pick a QB as the new face of the franchise.

Whether this is right or wrong, it's what they'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The Lions would pick LT first if (1) they were just another bad team; (2) they had anyone to play QB next year; (3) they didn't spend a 1st rounder on LT last year; and (4) they didn't need to signal a change in direction of the franchise.

The Lions are the worst team in history and have no one to start at QB next year worth anything. To keep the fanbase, they are going to pick a QB as the new face of the franchise.

Whether this is right or wrong, it's what they'll do.
    Gosder Cherilus (1st round tackle in 2008 draft) is their starting RT. They need an anchor and a stud LT now.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast