Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Everybody Loves Herm, Except for You

Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Everybody Loves Herm, Except for You

Brandon Spano- Chiefscrowd.com“You” being the typical Chiefs fan of course. You have every reason and right to not want Herm any longer. He has a collection of losses that has never been attained within a two year span as a Chiefs head coach. His defense gave up more points in one game than any other Chiefs defense has ever been able to do. Then, when you thought it was as bad as it could get, the impossible happened! Your beloved Chiefs starting losing often, in the only place that you knew they wouldn’t…. Arrowhead Stadium. 7 home losses in one year, just another one of the embarrassing records Herm Edwards has under his name. Longest losing streak in Chiefs History, most points yielded

More...

...again. neutral. There are actually more convincing things than just the argument presented here. But there are more convincing things the other way as well.

I REALLY hate the idea of flipping new coaches every third year when things don't go right. But I also think he should've been able to get more out of his guys this season.

I am kinda torn honestly. I hate the season we are having but I mean we played some really good teams close and lost to some teams we shold of killed. I think Herm is a good guy and a decent coach but we ave to remember we had a very young team this year and who knew that Thigpen would come put like he did. In my opinion Herm has one year left, let him finish his contract ten go from there unless of course we can get cowhart

No way. New GM - New Coach.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Clark Hunt has said “I’m very supportive of the job that he’s done” and “I continue to think he’s the right person.” Then there is the actual hint: “going forward I think he would do a good job as well.” Going forward? Last time I checked, that meant going forward. Which would not be stopping or going backward (sorry, I had to.)
    Last time I checked, would is used as for hypothetical situations.

Last but not least…. the players. The guys that we root for every Sunday, LOVE Herm Edwards. Tyler Thigpen flat out said “I hope he’s here next year” and “don’t blame him at all, if anyone wants to say that come take it up with me.” Tony Gonzalez also said that the players would have Herm’s back after the Peterson resignation. When you throw in the fact that the Chiefs roster is made up, almost entirely, of guys that Herm either drafted or gave a second chance to through free agency, the loyalty is a no-brainer. If you havent noticed this year, these players never have or never will give up on this guy.
    A.) The players have about as much say in the matter as we, the fans, do.

B.) They love him because he is soft on them and because he is nice to their faces.

He allows them to be losers, then blames them. Is that really a good thing?

Week after week they play their butts off , even if it means losing in the final seconds. They still continue to get back up and do it again. If there is one thing that Herm Edwards is, it’s the ultimate motivator. Whether you think he is diamonds or dirt, you can’t deny that.
    I do deny that.

Last season, they seemed to give up on the field. This season, because Chan Gailey has discovered a way to make chicken salad, (Love the Casey Priners quote) we are expected to give Herm credit for being some great motivator?

Nope. Not me.

At 2-14 (6-26, over the past two seasons), you get zilch for credit as a motivator.

I didn't like him (as our head coach) from day one.

I don't want him out because he has failed here. I want him out because he has done exactly what I expected him to do.

Which is failed here.

I don't fancy just flipping coaches out every other season. But three seasons shows some fruits of your labor.

Herms fruit is completely rotten.

If not for Chan Gailey being forced to try a new offensive scheme, that Herm doesn't agree with, because it is "Arena Football", then we would have the worst Offense, Defense and Special Teams in the league.

Blaming it on Vermiel, for not leaving any young talent doesn't work, when you got rid of the young talent that he did leave you. Mitchell, Fujita, Allen, etc.

But, I am all for keeping Herm on. As a DBs coach, or scout.

Yeah, I have to disagree with this part of the article in particular:

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    As the last three seasons have progressed, the Chiefs have found legitimate starters in BOLD:
    Offense
    • QB- Tyler Thigpen
    • OT- Branden Albert
    • OG- Brian Waters
    • C- Rudy Niswanger
    • OG- Adrian Jones
    • OT- Damion McIntosh
    • TE- Tony Gonzalez
    • TE- Brad Cottam
    • WR- Dwayne Bowe
    • WR- Mark Bradley
    • WR- Devard Darliing
    • RB- Larry Johnson
    • RB- Jamaal Charles
    • FB- Mike Cox
    Defense
    • DE- Tamba Hali
    • DT- Tank Tyler
    • DT- Glenn Dorsey
    • DE- Turk McBride
    • OLB- Derrick Johnson
    • MLB- Pat Thomas
    • OLB- Donnie Edwards
    • CB- Brandon Flowers
    • CB- Brandon Carr
    • Nickel- Maurice Leggett
    • FS- Jarrad Page
    • SS-Bernard Pollard
    Special Teams
    • K- Connor Barth
    • P- Dustin Colquitt
    • KR- Kevin Robinson
    • PR- Kevin Robinson
    1. We didn't find legitimate starters in Waters, Gonzalez, DJ, LJ, or Colquitt - they were starters before Herm arrived, and they'd be starting today whomever the coach was.

2. We don't have starters (yet) in Charles or Cottam - neither is any more than a role player right now. We don't know if they'll be Pro Bowlers or busts. They've shown nothing, yet, except that Charles may be injury prone.

3. Dorsey, Hali, and Tank Tyler just combined to be the worst DL in the history of the NFL. Do you really think our work is done there?

4. You surprisingly left Carr of fthat list. He deserves to be on it more than Flowers does. He's, by far, our rookie of the year. I'd also say that Thigpen is a functional starter, if not a pro bowler yet.

5. That leaves us with very little that Herm's actually done. Our team has as little young talent now as it did three years ago.

Also, we're not getting three 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th from trading down, LJ, and TG. That's Madden trading at its worst. No one will trade up for the 3rd spot (For whom? Why, when 2010 will probably have a rookie scale?). We're not getting a 2nd for Tony G. at the end of the season when we couldn't get a 2nd for him in the middle of the season. And we probably can't get a pack of socks for LJ with his salary, much less a 2nd and 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Yeah, I have to disagree with this part of the article in particular:

1. We didn't find legitimate starters in Waters, Gonzalez, DJ, LJ, or Colquitt - they were starters before Herm arrived, and they'd be starting today whomever the coach was.

2. We don't have starters (yet) in Charles or Cottam - neither is any more than a role player right now. We don't know if they'll be Pro Bowlers or busts. They've shown nothing, yet, except that Charles may be injury prone.

3. Dorsey, Hali, and Tank Tyler just combined to be the worst DL in the history of the NFL. Do you really think our work is done there?

4. You surprisingly left Carr of fthat list. He deserves to be on it more than Flowers does. He's, by far, our rookie of the year. I'd also say that Thigpen is a functional starter, if not a pro bowler yet.

5. That leaves us with very little that Herm's actually done. Our team has as little young talent now as it did three years ago.

Also, we're not getting three 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th from trading down, LJ, and TG. That's Madden trading at its worst. No one will trade up for the 3rd spot (For whom? Why, when 2010 will probably have a rookie scale?). We're not getting a 2nd for Tony G. at the end of the season when we couldn't get a 2nd for him in the middle of the season. And we probably can't get a pack of socks for LJ with his salary, much less a 2nd and 3rd.
    Where is that roster breakdown in this article JM? Did I miss something?

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Herm has done nothing to convince me that he deserves one more year. I wanted this thing blown up when Vermeil retired. Now is the time.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Is this directed at me?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Where is that roster breakdown in this article JM? Did I miss something?
    Ah, you're right. The next page was a new article. My bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast