Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LJ options

Hybrid View

Default LJ options

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/12/30/chie...s-for-johnson/

From Adam Schefter of NFL.com:

For Kansas City to trade Johnson, it would cost $8.8 million against its salary cap next season. For the Chiefs to keep Johnson, it would cost $8.2 million against the salary cap next season.
    So this is their choice — trade a player who has said he wants out, or keep the player who could be a detriment in the locker room.
    Whoever is the new general manager for the Chiefs will have to weigh whether it is worth auctioning off Johnson to the highest bidder, hoping to get back, at best, a second-round pick and more likely a third-round pick and possibly some other late-round compensation.

I gotta tell ya, if the Chiefs can get a 2nd and 4th, I'd be good with that. It'd be great if the Chiefs could get something comparable for TGonz if he still wants out. I'd be good with 3 2nd rounders and 3 4th rounders. Imagine how great things could get if we could trade down a few spots from the 3rd pick. We could be talking about at least 4 2nd round picks. That'd be freakin awesome!!

Interesting story. I would be happy just to get a third round. It may seem low, but I do not want him here anymore. So getting anything in return will make it a bonus. I hope the Chiefs get realistic value for Tony G. Tony G is well worth a second round. Getting more picks will be high demand for the Chiefs this season, hopefully another good draft will is all we need.

I point Shefter brought up that I liked was that LJ would only be 8.8 million cap penalty if we traded him. That is great news. Then on top of that, teams will not have to pay LJ any guaranteed money if they trade for him. Therefore, they may be more willing to take on his high cap number. Therefore, they can have him for the next 3-4 seasons until they have to re-sign him (or he complains for a new contract) or drop him when he becomes unproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Interesting story. I would be happy just to get a third round. It may seem low, but I do not want him here anymore. So getting anything in return will make it a bonus. I hope the Chiefs get realistic value for Tony G. Tony G is well worth a second round. Getting more picks will be high demand for the Chiefs this season, hopefully another good draft will is all we need.

I point Shefter brought up that I liked was that LJ would only be 8.8 million cap penalty if we traded him. That is great news. Then on top of that, teams will not have to pay LJ any guaranteed money if they trade for him. Therefore, they may be more willing to take on his high cap number. Therefore, they can have him for the next 3-4 seasons until they have to re-sign him (or he complains for a new contract) or drop him when he becomes unproductive.
    Yeah, that was encouraging news.

News like this makes me think NY Giants might take a shot at him?

The Giants are gonna loose either Ward or Jacobs for sure. I've read that Jacobs will be able to get more money then Ward SOOO why not resign Ward(fast guy) and not Jacobs(power back) and trade for LJ that will cost them about 13 million less then what Jacobs would?

This would give the Giants exactlky what they need in the running game to continue to make(maybe win) the playoffs for years to come!!!!

Also, (dreaming nerd part of me)

The Chiefs could then sign Jacobs and that would bring in Cowher because he LOVES Big Power Backs(The "BUS") LOL

Jacobs seems to be hurt a lot, but I really do not follow the giants that much so I could be wrong.

But MAN I would love to see Jacobs as a Chiefs.

Maybe the Giants Throw the Franz tag at Jacobs and then we do this trade.

Larry Johnson
    Tony Gonzalez

FOR

Brandon Jacobs
    Conditional 2nd or 3rd(Tony stays on team for at least 3 years)

OR

LJ
    Gonzo

FOR

Giants 1st round pick 2009
    Giants 5th round pick 2009
    Conditional 3rd (Tony stays for 3 years)

and just sign Jacobs.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    News like this makes me think NY Giants might take a shot at him?

The Giants are gonna loose either Ward or Jacobs for sure. I've read that Jacobs will be able to get more money then Ward SOOO why not resign Ward(fast guy) and not Jacobs(power back) and trade for LJ that will cost them about 13 million less then what Jacobs would?

This would give the Giants exactlky what they need in the running game to continue to make(maybe win) the playoffs for years to come!!!!

Also, (dreaming nerd part of me)

The Chiefs could then sign Jacobs and that would bring in Cowher because he LOVES Big Power Backs(The "BUS") LOL

Jacobs seems to be hurt a lot, but I really do not follow the giants that much so I could be wrong.

But MAN I would love to see Jacobs as a Chiefs.

Maybe the Giants Throw the Franz tag at Jacobs and then we do this trade.

Larry Johnson
    Tony Gonzalez

FOR

Brandon Jacobs
    Conditional 2nd or 3rd(Tony stays on team for at least 3 years)

OR

LJ
    Gonzo

FOR

Giants 1st round pick 2009
    Giants 5th round pick 2009
    Conditional 3rd (Tony stays for 3 years)

and just sign Jacobs.
    Fun scenario. It would be better than the Chiefs trying to sign Ward because Ward will demand big money since he ran over 1000 yards as a backup. But if he stays on the Giants, he may not ask for as much. So if the Giants wanted to do this, we do it hands down.

Jacobs is a great back. I am surprised how well he catches the ball out of the backfield. He could be a bruiser for us any day.

Hillbilly, the Chiefs will fix the line. This post is just about LJ. Not the draft or FA. As you can see, if we trade LJ, we will receive picks for him, which then can be used on the O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Fun scenario. It would be better than the Chiefs trying to sign Ward because Ward will demand big money since he ran over 1000 yards as a backup. But if he stays on the Giants, he may not ask for as much. So if the Giants wanted to do this, we do it hands down.

Jacobs is a great back. I am surprised how well he catches the ball out of the backfield. He could be a bruiser for us any day.

Hillbilly, the Chiefs will fix the line. This post is just about LJ. Not the draft or FA. As you can see, if we trade LJ, we will receive picks for him, which then can be used on the O-line.
    Yea I know what the post is about but they have said they were going to fix the O line for 3 years now and it still hasn't happened. What leads you to believe it will change now? The fact that we will have a new GM?

Why would the Chiefs bring in another power back when they won't fix the line? They want to run a spread offense and need a fast back to the corners to run that.

something we all have to concider is that there wont be too many if any goof FA's willing to come to KC with the turmoil a brewing. all these scenerios sound nice but we have to be some what pesamistic about our situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    something we all have to concider is that there wont be too many if any goof FA's willing to come to KC with the turmoil a brewing. all these scenerios sound nice but we have to be some what pesamistic about our situation.
    This could be a true statement and it was all brought on by the fact that they have been unwilling to spend the money to put the needed players on the field to win in the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    This could be a true statement and it was all brought on by the fact that they have been unwilling to spend the money to put the needed players on the field to win in the last several years.
    I finally agree with you.

And it isn't our inability to spend, per se. It's just that we only spend on bad or overhyped players. Herm/Carl gave out some terribly large contracts to Ty Law, Surtain, McIntosh, and Donnie Edwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast