Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No word on new GM

Default No word on new GM

No word on even who the Chiefs have asked to talk to and Cleveland is already way ahead of us in asking the NFL permission to talk to Pioli. Why the hell do we wait so long and always get the leftovers. Clark is not making me happy.
    "As I matriculate my way down the field of life, I will never forget this moment and you wonderful people who helped make this day possible". Hank Stram

....it is frustrating...but unlike a lot of teams, the Hunt's historically do their business behind closed doors. I am sure things are getting done, but no one is releasing anything to the media. I want to know what is going on just as much as the next guy.

I would much rather read news about a top candidate interviewing with/rejecting another team's offer as opposed to hearing any the same said as to where the Chiefs stand.

It's frustrating, sure. But I would much rather trust that Clark Hunt is as smart as he appears and is taking actions without it being spread all over the media.

Though, if I don't hear anything within the next few days and/or weeks, I'm probably going to fall a bit more into the pool of insanity. I have this fear lingering in the back of my mind that, given the Chiefs record, we'll end up being stuck with someone decent at best.

Its frusterating but nothing new. The past few years we've been a little slow in the game. Free Agency, nothing gets done; contract (re)signings, edge into the season; and management is probably not gonna be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    Its frusterating but nothing new. The past few years we've been a little slow in the game. Free Agency, nothing gets done; contract (re)signings, edge into the season; and management is probably not gonna be any different.
    The past few years have been a result of CP and Lamar Hunt. Clark was gonna let his dads people finish out their contracts but after the last 2 seasons said enough is enough. All the things that have been done in the past are irrelevant to the situation going on right now. Give the guy a chance before you get down on him. The only legitimate complaint I have heard is that no one on a Chiefs BB has been informed of what the Owner of the Chiefs is doing. CP has been fired and it is still all doom and gloom for you guys. How do any of you know what Clark Hunt has been doing for the past three days. (last I checked the season only ended on Sunday) Everything else anyone has said on here is nothing but speculation. Cheer up!! It's a New Year!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Clark Hunt has already interviewed somebody and nobody knows who it is. Marty Schottenheimer was contacted by Clark Hunt for some consulting ideas on where the Chiefs are right now as a team and as a management staff (not to be the coach or GM). Last but not least, Denny Thum (current president) has been networking the past two weeks on potential candidates. The Chiefs are very active guys, but they do their business strictly behind doors. I'll be surprised if they do not make a hire in the next week.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The past few years have been a result of CP and Lamar Hunt. Clark was gonna let his dads people finish out their contracts but after the last 2 seasons said enough is enough. All the things that have been done in the past are irrelevant to the situation going on right now. Give the guy a chance before you get down on him. The only legitimate complaint I have heard is that no one on a Chiefs BB has been informed of what the Owner of the Chiefs is doing. CP has been fired and it is still all doom and gloom for you guys. How do any of you know what Clark Hunt has been doing for the past three days. (last I checked the season only ended on Sunday) Everything else anyone has said on here is nothing but speculation. Cheer up!! It's a New Year!!
    Actually I think Peterson resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by wants to win View Post
    No word on even who the Chiefs have asked to talk to and Cleveland is already way ahead of us in asking the NFL permission to talk to Pioli. Why the hell do we wait so long and always get the leftovers. Clark is not making me happy.
    Don't believe the hype... or lack thereof, I guess. Just because other teams are jumping the gun and making it known publicly doesn't mean the Chiefs are sitting on their ***. I was just listening to the radio on the way home and they listed off a number of canidates the Chiefs are contacting (including Pioli) and they are all, from what I've heard, very qualified to do the job. Clark should be meeting with all of them in the next couple of weeks.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Actually I think Peterson resigned.
    You think Peterson resigned? Cool, now heres what really happened. Clark had been telling Carl for about 6 weeks that he wasnt gonna finish his contract out and that he had to go by the end of the year so that the Chiefs could get a new GM lined up. With 2 weeks left in the season and a miserable loss to the Chargers, they decided it was time to begin the search so that they could have a plan in place before the season ends. In upper corporate America, they call this "getting fired"

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Clark Hunt has already interviewed somebody and nobody knows who it is. Marty Schottenheimer was contacted by Clark Hunt for some consulting ideas on where the Chiefs are right now as a team and as a management staff (not to be the coach or GM). Last but not least, Denny Thum (current president) has been networking the past two weeks on potential candidates. The Chiefs are very active guys, but they do their business strictly behind doors. I'll be surprised if they do not make a hire in the next week.
    This matches what I have heard. I do not understand why people would make that news public anyway. GM is an important position in any organization, and no one needs the attention of the media.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast