Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Herm not happy with chiefs GM search lol

Default Herm not happy with chiefs GM search lol

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...efs-gm-search/

From the sounds of this looks like we will continue not to spend any money to bring in some free agent talent...oh well what's new

*search

We don't even know who it's gonna be yet.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

True, but the statement I want a new GM who believes in building the team through the draft with young players. really puts a bad taste in ones mouth

This changes nothing, this report came out on Dec. 20. How do you see a connection between this and the Chiefs involvement in FA?

Hmm..well maybe im just confused, I just figured since Hunt wants a GM thats going to build the team from a draft...then they dont want to waste time or money with FA's

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERH8ER View Post
    Hmm..well maybe im just confused, I just figured since Hunt wants a GM thats going to build the team from a draft...then they dont want to waste time or money with FA's
    The thing is that a good GM builds through a draft. Good teams replace players with drafted players. Good teams draft good players. Good teams know when to take a young stud from FA.

The Chiefs have the money and potential to make a 180 this season. If Hunt can bring in a competent GM, then the Chiefs could make the right moves to bring in good players through the draft and FA.

And Hunt was right not to give Kuharich the job. What has he done to deserve it. The only good draft the Chiefs have had over the past 8 years was last year. And that draft class has a lot of questions to whether they will pan out. The only thing you can award Kuharich to doing is bringing in Willie Roaf, Priest Holmes, Trent Green, and Eddie Kennison through either FA or trades.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    The thing is that a good GM builds through a draft. Good teams replace players with drafted players. Good teams draft good players. Good teams know when to take a young stud from FA.

The Chiefs have the money and potential to make a 180 this season. If Hunt can bring in a competent GM, then the Chiefs could make the right moves to bring in good players through the draft and FA.

And Hunt was right not to give Kuharich the job. What has he done to deserve it. The only good draft the Chiefs have had over the past 8 years was last year. And that draft class has a lot of questions to whether they will pan out. The only thing you can award Kuharich to doing is bringing in Willie Roaf, Priest Holmes, Trent Green, and Eddie Kennison through either FA or trades.
    your 1st paragraph is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post

Except that:

1. The Giants, while drafting well, built large portions of their offense and defense through FA (Burress, McQuarters, Pierce, etc.).

2. The Pats, while drafting well, can attribute their SBs to excellent FA/trade classes (McGinnest, Bruschi, Corey Dillon, etc.).

3. The Bucs, while drafting well, can attribute its SB to an influx of FAs/trades (Rice, Brad Johnson, Keyshawn, etc.).

4. The Rams, while drafting well, also brought in a large number of FAs during its SB years.

SB losers like the Raiders, Panthers, and Titans built their teams, in large part, using FA.

Believe it or not, FA is as important as the draft in building a team. FA builds the team, the draft keeps you on top.

It isn't the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Except that:

1. The Giants, while drafting well, built large portions of their offense and defense through FA (Burress, McQuarters, Pierce, etc.).

2. The Pats, while drafting well, can attribute their SBs to excellent FA/trade classes (McGinnest, Bruschi, Corey Dillon, etc.).

3. The Bucs, while drafting well, can attribute its SB to an influx of FAs/trades (Rice, Brad Johnson, Keyshawn, etc.).

4. The Rams, while drafting well, also brought in a large number of FAs during its SB years.

SB losers like the Raiders, Panthers, and Titans built their teams, in large part, using FA.

Believe it or not, FA is as important as the draft in building a team. FA builds the team, the draft keeps you on top.

It isn't the other way around.
    Point taken. However, I am not opposed to free agency. I actually think there will be many young studs in this year's FA. So it is just a matter of the Chiefs grabbing the right ones since we have the money to do so.

What about the 1980's 49ers? I was born in the late 80s so I did not learn about what happened during that time. However, they won 4 superbowls in one decade, but was it from FA, draft, or a combo? The reason I ask is because that is what I want the Chiefs to be. A dynasty that constantly goes to the Superbowl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast