Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Free Agent Targets

Default 2009 Free Agent Targets

THIS YEAR'S CROP, is a MUCH deeper group of free agents than the 2008 group. Of the positions the Chiefs will look to fill, these are the top (YOUNG) players at their position who will be available:

OT
    Jordan Gross 28- Panthers
    Willie Colon 26- Pittsburgh
    Kahlif Barnes 27- Jacksonville
    Vernon Carey 27- Miami
    Maxx Starks 26- Pittsburgh
    Charles Spencer 27- Jacksonville

OG
    Stacy Andrews 27- Cincinatti
    Jarhi Evans 25- New Orleans
    Mark Setterstrom 24- St. Louis
    Chris Kemoeatu 28- Pittsburgh

C
    Jason Brown 26- Baltimore
    Richie Incognito 26- St. Louis

DT
    Albert Haynesworth 28- Tennessee
    Javon Haye 27- Tampa Bay
    Tank Johnson 27- Dallas

DE
    Terrell Suggs 27- Baltimore
    Julius Peppers 28- Carolina
    Chris Canty 27- Dallas
    Kenechi Udeze 26- Minnesota

OLB
    Bart Scott 28- Baltimore
    Karlos Dansby 27- Arizona
    Michael Boley 27- Atlanta
    Leroy Hill 26- Seattle
    Angelo Crowell 28- Buffalo

MLB
    Jonathan Vilma 26- New Orleans
    Channing Crowder 25- Miami

S
    Oshiomogho Atogwe 27- St. Louis
    Sean Jones 27- Cleveland
    Dawan Landry 26- Baltimore
    Jarrad Page 26- Kansas City (Currently ranked equal to Landry, Jones, Will Allen Darren Sharper and Rodney Harrison)... according to scout.com
    Will Allen 27- Tampa Bay

CB
    Nnamdi Asomugha 28- Oakland

I'm much more excited about the 2009 class than what the 2008 class had to offer.

If I'm the GM and I can get ANYONE I want, I proceed through free agency this way:

As of 1/1/09
    RT- Willie Colon
    RG- Jahri Evans
    DE- Terrell Suggs
    OLB- Bart Scott OR Karlos Vilma
    MLB- Jonathan Vilma

With the first two picks in the draft (assuming we can't trade down) the Chiefs take:
    3- WR- Michael Crabtree OR CB Malcom Jenkins
    35- C Alex Mack OR C Max Unger

OL
    Albert
    Waters
    Mack/Unger
    Jahri Evans
    Willie Colon

WR
    Crabtree
    Bowe
    Bradley

DL
    Hali
    Tank
    Dorsey
    Suggs

LB
    Johnson
    Vilma
    Scott/Dansby

CB
    Flowers
    Carr

S
    Pollard
    Page/Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Dansby is good, but Vilma is an overall better ILB. If Dansby can play outside, then yeah, we'll take him.

While Suggs could be a risk, it is one that could really pay off. We can offer him more money at DE than at OLB hybrid. He played DE in college and plays sometimes with his hand down for the Ravens. He is 6'3" at 260 lbs, which makes him ideal for the RDE pass rusher. He has a high motor and brings intensity to the field. So I'm willing to take a risk on him. If not him, then it may be Julius Peppers, but he'll be 29 next season.
    Yeah, Vilma's a better tackler than Dansby, but Dansby is a better pass rusher. He hasnt had less than 4 sacks his entire career, which is pretty good for a LB. Vilma can play all 3 positions though, so he's probably better all around. I think Dansby would be alot cheaper though. I also like Vilmas coverage skills.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I dont think Suggs fits guys. I might be wrong, but their is no way he could play end in a 4-3 and he has never soley played a true Linebacker position. Teams usually dont aquire guys that dont fit the system (especially Herm.) I dont think we touch him. I would actually love to have Karlos Dansby. Hes a leader.
    I've considered that as well. Kind of like Kendrell Bell. In Pitt's 3-4, he looked great. In KC's 4-3, he looked like a complete waste of cap space.

Of course the wildcard is the coach. Cowher will want to run a 3-4 if we hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I've considered that as well. Kind of like Kendrell Bell. In Pitt's 3-4, he looked great. In KC's 4-3, he looked like a complete waste of cap space.

Of course the wildcard is the coach. Cowher will want to run a 3-4 if we hire him.
    I dont know if we have the personell to run a 3-4 right away coach. Well, I guess if these coaches really want to do it they make it happen, it just usually takes a few years to develop and I think we are all done with that "next year" crap. On the other hand, if its Cowher I'll probably take that.

Yeah, Vilma's a better tackler than Dansby, but Dansby is a better pass rusher. He hasnt had less than 4 sacks his entire career, which is pretty good for a LB. Vilma can play all 3 positions though, so he's probably better all around. I think Dansby would be alot cheaper though. I also like Vilmas coverage skills.
    That was extremely confusing. It was like watching a very fast tennis volley.

I dont know if we have the personell to run a 3-4 right away coach. Well, I guess if these coaches really want to do it they make it happen, it just usually takes a few years to develop and I think we are all done with that "next year" crap. On the other hand, if its Cowher I'll probably take that.
    What he h*** has gotten into you? Have you been getting full of holiday cheer and eggnog?

I believe that we do, with one good LB, have the personnel to run the 3-4. As long as Tank or Dorsey can handle the NT spot.

Hali and Turk would make excellent 3-4 DEs. They were always "'tweeners" anyway. And our lack of a pass-rushing DE is ideal for a 3-4.

Make no doubt, Cowhers 3-4 makes LBs look a whole lot better than they might be elsewhere.

But Cowher is still just a pipe dream.

If the Chiefs could grab Bart Scott, that would allow them to perhaps grab the best MLB in the draft to complete the LB corp.

...Not gonna happen; Clark will continue to build through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That was extremely confusing. It was like watching a very fast tennis volley.

What he h*** has gotten into you? Have you been getting full of holiday cheer and eggnog?

I believe that we do, with one good LB, have the personnel to run the 3-4. As long as Tank or Dorsey can handle the NT spot.

Hali and Turk would make excellent 3-4 DEs. They were always "'tweeners" anyway. And our lack of a pass-rushing DE is ideal for a 3-4.

Make no doubt, Cowhers 3-4 makes LBs look a whole lot better than they might be elsewhere.

But Cowher is still just a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If the Chiefs could grab Bart Scott, that would allow them to perhaps grab the best MLB in the draft to complete the LB corp.
    Oh yeah, Bart Scott is a beast! If we get your guy from Baltimore, for the GM spot, we would have to be getting, Ray, Bart, or Terrell, you would think. In the big picture, Their is just way too many LB's in free agency for us to not snag one.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    With how old Ray is, I kind of doubt that the Ravens will let Scott go. They need him to keep some consistency at the ILB position. I do think we have a chance at Suggs, but that is because Suggs may want money and that is something we can offer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12