Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shanahan as GM

Default Shanahan as GM

what do you think?
    "As I matriculate my way down the field of life, I will never forget this moment and you wonderful people who helped make this day possible". Hank Stram

Shanahan isn't coming to KC. No way. I'd be shocked if he went to Dallas as well. He still has nightmares after working for Al Davis. Jerry Jones is a young Al Davis.

I could see Shanahan in Cleveland if he goes anywhere this year. Possibly GB next year.

I could b wrong but the big Tuna might be in the mix. The fish have new owners and an escape clause comes to play with him. Food for thought..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

I would hire Shanahan because he did beautiful work with the broncos. But only as HC.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Everybody seems to be assuming Herm will be gone!!
    Hasn't happened and may not. This sucks he is still here...
    SHUT IT

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

If Herm isnt gone by now then I think hes here for another year. :( Too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    If Herm isnt gone by now then I think hes here for another year. :( Too bad!

It's because they haven't hired a new GM yet. Give it time. Like i said before if chiefs hire Scott Pioli..which i just read about on the pioli forum...somebody said they saw on sportcenter that pioli was kc bound or was staying in new england. I guarantee that if pioli gets signed herm edwards is gone! Have faith. But look at it this way if the idiot stays all we will have to look forward to is 1 more stupid season of him..and after he has another crappy season in kc he will be gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Buck Rogers View Post
    Why are we so anxious to get a retread? Several of the rookie head coaches worked out great this year. We all know we need another good draft & free agent season before anything can happen regardless. The only retreads I'd take as coach are the Marvelous Mandible (Cowher) & The Walrus (Holmgren). Not that either of those are available this season anyway. We need a proven GM for personnel, then we can worry about a coach. I don't think bellichick could turn us into a winning team as we are now.

Actually i heard that same excuse last year about 1 more good draft from herm edwards. He already made it clear that we only need a few more guys to put the pieces in place and everyother stupid excuse i've heard. And are you forgetting that herm edwards already made it clear they don't wanna go through free agency to get the team better! Where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefstillidie View Post
    Where have you been?
    That would be on a 4.5 month westpac on a submarine!

Anyway, our draft last year was outstanding. no one can deny that. I'm just saying that we honestly need a few more pieces. Herm didn't want free agency, cause it kills you salary cap, you get a year or two due to their age, then they're gone. Dungy has repeatedly built his teams via the draft w/ limited free agency usage. We need to do the same. Look at our O-Line, it is nothing compared to three seasons ago, when the QB was actually protected, and we had an RB that could block (Priest)

Shanahan would be the best coach we could get ATM.

Plus he woudl cost us almost nothing for three years, while fuking over the Broncos. :)

If I was Hunt it would be a no brainer if Shanahan wants to come to KC. Any owner would be insane not to take him and not have to pay him practically nothing. Let alone watch Denver fans turn red in the face with anger over it LOL :)

well i hope herm gets the boot if we hire pioli...and get shannahan as a coach..that would be awesome!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast