Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shanahan as GM

Default Shanahan as GM

what do you think?
    "As I matriculate my way down the field of life, I will never forget this moment and you wonderful people who helped make this day possible". Hank Stram

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I would want Shanahan as our head coach starting yesterday! As a GM, no way. He's an awful evaluator in free agency and his draft picks have not been very good either. Thats why he got the boot in Denver. He was in charge of everything. Infact, he even fired the GM last year! Thats how big this guy is in Denver. Anyway, you dont want this guy as your GM, but you do as a coach.
    Ditto on that sentiment!
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

NOOOOOO.... Get the big Tuna from Miami. His contract is up with the old owners..He will cost Big $$$$
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Normally, I would jump on thwe opportunity to get a proven winner here.

But Shanahan should choke on some broken-hipped seniors diaper. IMO.

He may well be the biggest scum-bag to have ever been given any job in The NFL.

I will take Herm failures, over his success any day of the week.
    Thank you. Where is the loyalty here, people? I realise he's a great football mind but there are plenty of those out there. Plus, we want a young guy to come in, not some bitter old man.
    "We're not good enough. That's what I keep telling our guys." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by Nel Toille View Post
    Thank you. Where is the loyalty here, people? I realise he's a great football mind but there are plenty of those out there. Plus, we want a young guy to come in, not some bitter old man.
    He doesnt mean that Shanny. Come on down. We would love to have you!!!!!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Shanahan will build a consistently .500 team. There's no reason to think otherwise. If your argument for him is that his O-line cut-blocking schemes are second to none or that all he needs is a hall-of-fame QB to win a Super Bowl, those a very weak arguments for a head coach.

No thank you. Have fun in Cleveland there, Shanny. You know what, you'd be immortalized for building Detroit into a consistently .500 team. Take THAT job!!

Lets get somebody young and hungry in here. I don't think Shanahan is the right guy for what we need. He's had his glory. Maybe Scwartz or Spagnuplo.
    SHUT IT

shanahan will be a great coach if he does not try to take on the gm postition and head coach he is not going to be a coach in kc though

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    I would want Shanahan as our head coach starting yesterday! As a GM, no way. He's an awful evaluator in free agency and his draft picks have not been very good either. Thats why he got the boot in Denver. He was in charge of everything. Infact, he even fired the GM last year! Thats how big this guy is in Denver. Anyway, you dont want this guy as your GM, but you do as a coach.
    Agreed entirely. Shanahan would do well as a head coach in a good setup like Dallas or the Jets, but he was distasterous as a GM for the Broncos, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

So we can cycle through more RB's next year than we did QB's this season? No thank you.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Why are we so anxious to get a retread? Several of the rookie head coaches worked out great this year. We all know we need another good draft & free agent season before anything can happen regardless. The only retreads I'd take as coach are the Marvelous Mandible (Cowher) & The Walrus (Holmgren). Not that either of those are available this season anyway. We need a proven GM for personnel, then we can worry about a coach. I don't think bellichick could turn us into a winning team as we are now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast