Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Chiefs/Pioli Thread

Default Official Chiefs/Pioli Thread

According to Chris Mortenson at ESPN, the Chiefs have officially asked permission to speak with Pioli. Pioli apparently already has a meeting with the Browns who are prepared to give him a "huge offer" and full control and the freedom to bring in Iowa OC, Kirk Ferentz as Head Coach.

Sounds like Clark is having a meeting with him today or very , very soon ! and it also sound like cleveland has " screwed to pooch " so to speak in their dealings with Pioli doing all their talking through the media and giving him a"take it or leave it" situation.Sounds like if the Pioli deal falls through with the browns, they will be talking to Shanahan asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefstillidie View Post
    i could care less if i changed your perspective or not! I was just giving my opinion on what i thought of pioli. I wasn't trying to change anyone's perspective of anything. But just because you don't think pioli is the man for the job doesn't mean your opinion is right like you seem to think all the time! And me thinking he is is just my opinion but doesn't mean i'm right either!
    You called me crazy didnt you? By the way, Its been 3 days. Isnt Herm supposed to get fired today, based on your inside info? Looks like you were right on track.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    You called me crazy didnt you? By the way, Its been 3 days. Isnt Herm supposed to get fired today, based on your inside info? Looks like you were right on track.

No i was wrong on the 3 days that i was wrong on. I'm not wrong about herm edwards being fired! And like i said pioli is the man for the job. I really don't care what you say dude...you think your opinion is always the right one! And guess what! It's not! Get a life dude! The whole herm edwards thing has nothing to do with this conversation...stay on the conversation and keep thinking you know everything!
    Last edited by Chiefstillidie; 01-01-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Sounds like Clark is having a meeting with him today or very , very soon ! and it also sound like cleveland has " screwed to pooch " so to speak in their dealings with Pioli doing all their talking through the media and giving him a"take it or leave it" situation.Sounds like if the Pioli deal falls through with the browns, they will be talking to Shanahan asap.
    yes i'm very excited that the chiefs are going to at least give a shot at pioli...since marty pretty much said no to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefstillidie View Post
    yes i'm very excited that the chiefs are going to at least give a shot at pioli...since marty pretty much said no to us.
    Marty wasn't offered the job, despite what rumors say. He was just brought in for an outside perspective and consultation to Clark Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Marty wasn't offered the job, despite what rumors say. He was just brought in for an outside perspective and consultation to Clark Hunt.
    i know i read that on espn to unfortuntely. Clark was just getting consultating ideas from marty i read. What a shame.

I trust the organization to do the right thing. I just don't want them to throw mad money out there to anyone. It's just not worth it...that being said, I'd like to have Pioli but I am not excited about the coach he wants either.
    "matriculate the ball up the field, boys,"

If Clark thinks enough of Marty to get his opinion on the direction of the Chiefs, why not just hire him as your GM? That whole thing seems kinda strange to me..
    And...you mean nobody has invited Peterson in for vacant gm spots? What gives? lol..Denver is looking!!!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    If Clark thinks enough of Marty to get his opinion on the direction of the Chiefs, why not just hire him as your GM? That whole thing seems kinda strange to me..
    And...you mean nobody has invited Peterson in for vacant gm spots? What gives? lol..Denver is looking!!!
    If Parcells leaves after their season, Peterson will probably take that job over. A lot of teams know that, which is why they haven't invited him yet. They know they're going to have to wait for the Dolphins season to end before Peterson makes any kind of decision.

Cleveland has the upper hand. I'll be pleasantly shocked if Pioli chose KC. I doubt it. They're offering full control. Clark is going to hire a president and a gm so I wouldn't bet on him choosing KC.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast