Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 2010 Coaching Class

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,020
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 111

    Default 2010 Coaching Class


    0 Not allowed!
    Since Cowher has said that he wont coach this year, this leaves a pretty impressive coaching class for next offseason. Cowher will be available. Holmgren will be available (he has already said he has had 2nd thoughts about the year off, but promised his family, so he will likely be interested in coming back next year). Mike Shanahan may also be available next year depending on what happens this year. Many feel that Dungy will leave the Colts this year and that Bill Parcells will be available after this offseason or next.

    As much as many people hate Herm and want him out NOW. Maybe it wouldnt be too bad to keep him for a year and see what is available next year.

    Personally I am torn on the Herm issue. I hate changing coaches too often. It is very difficult for the players and every coach wants to make his mark and get rid of decent people to get "his" type of players in the organization. But, the lack of improvement in the 2nd half of the season really was disappointing and points to less than stellar coaching.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Just my opinion , but I think Holmgren will coach next year with the Jets and Favre will return. I wouldn't mind the Chiefs going after Ron Rivera from SD. He ran , maybe the best defense in the league in Chicago(which has played horrible since he left with basically the same guys), and a very good defense in SD. What do you think?

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,020
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 111

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rustfan76 View Post
    Just my opinion , but I think Holmgren will coach next year with the Jets and Favre will return. I wouldn't mind the Chiefs going after Ron Rivera from SD. He ran , maybe the best defense in the league in Chicago(which has played horrible since he left with basically the same guys), and a very good defense in SD. What do you think?
    I think Holmgren will go somewhere where he can develop a QB of his own. He has a history of picking QBs out of nowhere and making them good (favre, hasselbeck).

    As far as Rivera, I dont know him well enough. I know SD's D improved after he became the coordinator but I didnt watch them at all this year to comment on how good they are. But I definitely agree with the sentiment. If we get a new coach I want someone with a history of a strong dominating D. I miss the days of other teams fearing playing the Chiefs. I have always envied teams like the Ravens, Steelers, Bears, etc. Thats just my 2 cents though.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,444
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    get rid of herm now he sucks. i like rivera as well anybody but this a## clown we have now

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,150
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    get rid of herm now he sucks. i like rivera as well anybody but this a## clown we have now
    TG said in an interview that he will only stay if Herm stays on as HC.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    489
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    TG said in an interview that he will only stay if Herm stays on as HC.
    Doesn't matter what Tony thinks. Herm is on his way out.

    "It no longer seems a question of if Edwards will go. It seems a question of when."


    http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/04/chie...his-own-coach/

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,150
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Doesn't matter what Tony thinks. Herm is on his way out.

    "It no longer seems a question of if Edwards will go. It seems a question of when."


    http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/04/chie...his-own-coach/
    Ok...
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    Doesn't matter what Tony thinks. Herm is on his way out.

    "It no longer seems a question of if Edwards will go. It seems a question of when."


    http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/04/chie...his-own-coach/


    I don't agree but I could be wrong. I believe because four awesome coachs will be available in 2010 they may just let Herm finish his contract and see what he does this year. If he stinks we don't resign him and go after one of those other four coaches.
    "matriculate the ball up the field, boys,"

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,362
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 52

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I also think Herm will be back, but it is all up to what Clark and the new GM do.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S.J. Cali
    Posts
    879
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

    Thumbs up Me 2


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Every Team But KC View Post
    I don't agree but I could be wrong. I believe because four awesome coachs will be available in 2010 they may just let Herm finish his contract and see what he does this year. If he stinks we don't resign him and go after one of those other four coaches.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

    1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •