Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Chiefs/Pioli Thread

Default Official Chiefs/Pioli Thread

According to Chris Mortenson at ESPN, the Chiefs have officially asked permission to speak with Pioli. Pioli apparently already has a meeting with the Browns who are prepared to give him a "huge offer" and full control and the freedom to bring in Iowa OC, Kirk Ferentz as Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by LVviaKC View Post
    Cleveland has the upper hand. I'll be pleasantly shocked if Pioli chose KC. I doubt it. They're offering full control. Clark is going to hire a president and a gm so I wouldn't bet on him choosing KC.
    "Full control" means of personnel decisions. Hiring separate GMs and Presidents doesn't affect that. The GM is going to have full control. The Browns lost the upper hand when they let Pioli leave.

Not that I really care. I don't really want him or Ferentz here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    "Full control" means of personnel decisions. Hiring separate GMs and Presidents doesn't affect that. The GM is going to have full control. The Browns lost the upper hand when they let Pioli leave.

Not that I really care. I don't really want him or Ferentz here anyway.
    While I think Pioli would be a competent choice, I think the Chiefs are looking for something more.

So if not Pioli, who do some of you suggest?

Like I said in another thread, right now I like:

GM- George Kokonis
    HC- Jim Schwartz

I wouldn't automatically assume that Pioli and Ferentz are a "package" deal. Pioli is going to do whatever he thinks is best period. His GM career will be on the line and it's something he has been considering for years. If we are fortunate enough to get Pioli, I will trust his judgement on whatever coach he hires because I know alot of thought has went into it.

Quote Originally Posted by tambahawk View Post
    I wouldn't automatically assume that Pioli and Ferentz are a "package" deal. Pioli is going to do whatever he thinks is best period. His GM career will be on the line and it's something he has been considering for years. If we are fortunate enough to get Pioli, I will trust his judgement on whatever coach he hires because I know alot of thought has went into it.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...es-nfl-rumors/

Immediately after pulling off a 31-10 thumping of South Carolina in the Vandalay Outback Bowl, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz addressed rumors and reports that he’ll become the head coach of the NFL team that hires Patriots V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli to be its General Manager.

Said Ferentz: “Scott’s a great friend of mine, and I think it’s a mutual thing. I think it’s presumptuous to think anybody knows what he’s doing right now, and he and I haven’t talked in three weeks. We’ve both been doing our jobs. I’ve got a great job at Iowa, I’ve said that many, many times. The people are fantastic, and I just feel very, very fortunate.”

Asked where the NFL fits on his “to do” list, Ferentz said, “I don’t have a ‘to do’ list. I never have. I just try to live every day and enjoy them, and I can’t think of a year I’ve enjoyed much more than this one.”

The Hawkeyes finished the year at 9-4. After three straight wins and then three straight losses to open the year, Iowa won six of seven, including an upset of then-No. 3 Penn State.

Ferentz, 53, has spent ten years at Iowa. He previously worked at the NFL level as an assistant with the Browns and the Ravens.

Ferentz’s failure to make an equivocal denial of his possible departure undoubtedly will be used against the Hawkeyes in the ongoing process of recruiting high-school players, who’ll sign their letters of intent in early February.

Take what you want from that.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...es-nfl-rumors/

Immediately after pulling off a 31-10 thumping of South Carolina in the Vandalay Outback Bowl, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz addressed rumors and reports that he’ll become the head coach of the NFL team that hires Patriots V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli to be its General Manager.

Said Ferentz: “Scott’s a great friend of mine, and I think it’s a mutual thing. I think it’s presumptuous to think anybody knows what he’s doing right now, and he and I haven’t talked in three weeks. We’ve both been doing our jobs. I’ve got a great job at Iowa, I’ve said that many, many times. The people are fantastic, and I just feel very, very fortunate.”

Asked where the NFL fits on his “to do” list, Ferentz said, “I don’t have a ‘to do’ list. I never have. I just try to live every day and enjoy them, and I can’t think of a year I’ve enjoyed much more than this one.”

The Hawkeyes finished the year at 9-4. After three straight wins and then three straight losses to open the year, Iowa won six of seven, including an upset of then-No. 3 Penn State.

Ferentz, 53, has spent ten years at Iowa. He previously worked at the NFL level as an assistant with the Browns and the Ravens.

Ferentz’s failure to make an equivocal denial of his possible departure undoubtedly will be used against the Hawkeyes in the ongoing process of recruiting high-school players, who’ll sign their letters of intent in early February.

Take what you want from that.

I'd be happy with Pioli, Polian, or DeCosta. The fact that the Browns, Jets, and Donks are interviewing coaching canidates when Pioli has stated he wants to bring Ferentz in I feel makes KC the front runner. I know Clark wants to hire two guys for the job but that can change. Pioli can come to KC, drop Edwards and bring in Ferentz as he pleases.

I wont be surprised if he lands in KC, nor will I be surprised if he doesnt.

Ferentz's lack of denial makes me think there have been discussion between him and Pioli on this topic.

At least if Pioli ends up here, Herm will most definetely be gone..
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    At least if Pioli ends up here, Herm will most definetely be gone..
    ...and this is most important!

the denver donkeys are also trying to get pioli

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    the denver donkeys are also trying to get pioli
    eh. they can have him.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast