Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Chiefs/Pioli Thread

Default Official Chiefs/Pioli Thread

According to Chris Mortenson at ESPN, the Chiefs have officially asked permission to speak with Pioli. Pioli apparently already has a meeting with the Browns who are prepared to give him a "huge offer" and full control and the freedom to bring in Iowa OC, Kirk Ferentz as Head Coach.

Jan 1, 1:03 a.m. (PFT)
    Patriots V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli has completed his interview for the vacant G.M. position in Cleveland, and presumably will next interview with the Chiefs.

The Browns, per the Cleveland Plain Dealer, will interview former Falcons G.M. Rich McKay on Thursday.

The Plain Dealer also reports that the Browns will interview director of player personnel T.J. McCreight, who worked closely with former G.M. Phil Savage.

Meanwhile, the Boston Herald reports that Pioli’s top choice for head coach would be Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz. It has long been rumored in league circles that, if/when Pioli becomes a General Manager, Ferentz is one of the men who would be on his short list of potential head coaches.

I think it's interesting that the Browns let him go without a deal. That usually doesn't bode well if you REALLY wanted to sign the guy. You should NEVER let him leave. That might put the Chiefs in the driver seat. What do we know about Kirk Ferentz? Iowa hasn't exactly blown away the competition in their conference. That name doesn't excite me.
    Last edited by texaschief; 01-01-2009 at 04:09 AM.

Ferentz is currently 69-53 at Iowa. He was the primary target of the Pittsburgh Steelers when they had to replace Cowher. His current contract extends him through 2012 at Iowa. He has turned down jobs with the Vikings, Packers, Texans, Rams, Steelers and Saints. His defense at Iowa is currently running the 4-3.

I know I shouldn't get my hopes provided it's the Chiefs we're talking about, but dang, I'm excited to see how this plays out in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Ferentz is currently 69-53 at Iowa. He was the primary target of the Pittsburgh Steelers when they had to replace Cowher. His current contract extends him through 2012 at Iowa. He has turned down jobs with the Vikings, Packers, Texans, Rams, Steelers and Saints. His defense at Iowa is currently running the 4-3.

His current track record does not fill one with optimism that he will join the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    His current track record does not fill one with optimism that he will join the Chiefs.
    Why, cause he turned down all the sh!tty teams first?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Jan 1, 1:03 a.m. (PFT)
    Patriots V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli has completed his interview for the vacant G.M. position in Cleveland, and presumably will next interview with the Chiefs.

The Browns, per the Cleveland Plain Dealer, will interview former Falcons G.M. Rich McKay on Thursday.

The Plain Dealer also reports that the Browns will interview director of player personnel T.J. McCreight, who worked closely with former G.M. Phil Savage.

Meanwhile, the Boston Herald reports that Pioli’s top choice for head coach would be Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz. It has long been rumored in league circles that, if/when Pioli becomes a General Manager, Ferentz is one of the men who would be on his short list of potential head coaches.

I think it's interesting that the Browns let him go without a deal. That usually doesn't bode well if you REALLY wanted to sign the guy. You should NEVER let him leave. That might put the Chiefs in the driver seat. What do we know about Kirk Ferentz? Iowa hasn't exactly blown away the competition in their conference. That name doesn't excite me.
    Im with you Tex. I would like one of the other guys that we have talked about over Pioli anyway. When you throw in the Iowa coach, it totally turns me off to this idea. Im pullin my chips off of the table on pioli now.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

i hope kc lands pioli..he's the man for the job and would easily be able to turn kansas city around....and anyone who doesn't want him as are gm is crazy...he's the prize jewel to try and bring in right now..read a thread on espn about it saying that even!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefstillidie View Post
    i hope kc lands pioli..he's the man for the job and would easily be able to turn kansas city around....and anyone who doesn't want him as are gm is crazy...he's the prize jewel to try and bring in right now..read a thread on espn about it saying that even!
    Im convinced now! You've completly changed my mind. Thanx for the perspective!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Im convinced now! You've completly changed my mind. Thanx for the perspective!

i could care less if i changed your perspective or not! I was just giving my opinion on what i thought of pioli. I wasn't trying to change anyone's perspective of anything. But just because you don't think pioli is the man for the job doesn't mean your opinion is right like you seem to think all the time! And me thinking he is is just my opinion but doesn't mean i'm right either!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast