Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Watching Atlanta, Phoenix ?

Hybrid View

Default Anyone Watching Atlanta, Phoenix ?

If you are, you are seeing how a first round, true NFL quarterback operates and not the kind the Cheifs have. This guy is a player and its what the Chiefs need if we are to be successful.
    All of you Thigpen lovers need to get over settling for medicrity and we need to either draft or go after a franchise QB that will be with us for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    If you are, you are seeing how a first round, true NFL quarterback operates and not the kind the Cheifs have. This guy is a player and its what the Chiefs need if we are to be successful.
    All of you Thigpen lovers need to get over settling for medicrity and we need to either draft or go after a franchise QB that will be with us for a while.
    ...did you see our defense play? Thigpen and our offense showed that they are capable of throwing 20-30 points up a game. With an average defense...that should win you more than 2 games. I know a lot of people are going to disagree, but our D needs all the help they can get.

Did our D really control any games this season?
    Does Thigpen have trouble gettin the ball in the endzone?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    How are we supposed to take your input on a QB seriously when you favorite player is Lynn Dawson?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

...dont forget that Thigpen was our 3rd starting qb this season. He was just thrown in and everyone said goodluck! I think with a good offseason and training camp he can improve. So many people wanted to give BCroyle chance after chance after chance to prove himself, and I feel many people have made their minds up with Thigpen already after half a season.

How are Matt Lienhart and Vince Young doing? How about Alex Smith? Ryan Leaf was awesome! So was Chris Weinke, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch....and you can't forget Akili Smith! See where I am going with this? Yes there are a handful of first round QB's that pan out. But many people see Matt Ryan this season and jump to conclusions. I think you can be successful drafting a QB in later rounds....Tom Brady.

QB is not a priority on this team.

:sign0149: :sign0013: :wasntme:

....one more thing.

Trent Dilfer. Brad Johnson.

Let's focus on our D.

That celebration on the safety was halarious.

Default Quote

[quote=Canada;111316]How are we supposed to take your input on a QB seriously when you favorite player is Lynn Dawson?[/quote

Ok, Ok, so I spelled it wrong. Big deal. I would still take him back if he was just younger.

I agree with all of you about the D. Its bad and has some things that need fixing. We have many things that need fixing. Hell, who really knows where to start.
    I have coached high school football for many years. ( I have 3 state championship rings) 2 things I have learned from that.
    1. Yes, defense wins championships

2. You have to have a very, very good QB to lead your offense and I believe it is even more important in the pro's.

[quote=Chuck;111347]
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    How are we supposed to take your input on a QB seriously when you favorite player is Lynn Dawson?[/quote

2. You have to have a very, very good QB to lead your offense and I believe it is even more important in the pro's.
    If you are talking high school...

...do you know who Darren Sproles is? ;)

...I graduated with Darren from Olathe North class of '01. We won state every year we had Darren in the backfield. Although they were my friends...we never had a 'very very good' quarterback. We had a good D. And a solid running game. North won the Kansas 6A championship 4 out of 5 years with this formula.

A team just needs a QB who can move the ball down the field and allow your D to rest.

How did the 3 time MVP Peyton Manning do last night? I mean he IS 'very very good'....right?

Talking high school: I coached QB's at Platte County when we won state championships in 00, 01, 02. Had all state QB's all 3 years. I am totally aware of what Olathe North did during that time frame. I know Coach Weir. Our defense was awesome in the times as was our offense. Just a difference in philosophy of 2 extremely good high school programs.
    As far as Peyton Manning goes - Let me see I do believe he has a this huge ring on his finger that Philip Rivers doesn't or for that matter none of our present day Chiefs have.
    Oh yeah, Sproles is in the last year of his contract. Any chance the Chiefs getting him to come back to KC.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast