Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Watching Atlanta, Phoenix ?

Default Anyone Watching Atlanta, Phoenix ?

If you are, you are seeing how a first round, true NFL quarterback operates and not the kind the Cheifs have. This guy is a player and its what the Chiefs need if we are to be successful.
    All of you Thigpen lovers need to get over settling for medicrity and we need to either draft or go after a franchise QB that will be with us for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    If you are, you are seeing how a first round, true NFL quarterback operates and not the kind the Cheifs have. This guy is a player and its what the Chiefs need if we are to be successful.
    All of you Thigpen lovers need to get over settling for medicrity and we need to either draft or go after a franchise QB that will be with us for a while.
    ...did you see our defense play? Thigpen and our offense showed that they are capable of throwing 20-30 points up a game. With an average defense...that should win you more than 2 games. I know a lot of people are going to disagree, but our D needs all the help they can get.

Did our D really control any games this season?
    Does Thigpen have trouble gettin the ball in the endzone?

How are we supposed to take your input on a QB seriously when you favorite player is Lynn Dawson?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

...dont forget that Thigpen was our 3rd starting qb this season. He was just thrown in and everyone said goodluck! I think with a good offseason and training camp he can improve. So many people wanted to give BCroyle chance after chance after chance to prove himself, and I feel many people have made their minds up with Thigpen already after half a season.

How are Matt Lienhart and Vince Young doing? How about Alex Smith? Ryan Leaf was awesome! So was Chris Weinke, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch....and you can't forget Akili Smith! See where I am going with this? Yes there are a handful of first round QB's that pan out. But many people see Matt Ryan this season and jump to conclusions. I think you can be successful drafting a QB in later rounds....Tom Brady.

QB is not a priority on this team.

:sign0149: :sign0013: :wasntme:

....one more thing.

Trent Dilfer. Brad Johnson.

Let's focus on our D.

That celebration on the safety was halarious.

The last thing we need is to burn up a high draft pick on a QB. Work with Thigpen for at least another season and reevaluate. But the defense sucks. I mean really, really, really sucks. Our offense ranked 24th this year. Our defense ranked 31st, right above the Lions. And as others have said, the offense was doing okay the last half of the season. The defense was sliding backwards.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

actually matt ryan looked really bad in the playoffs....i watched it.

And the previous poster is right....you can go on and on with 1st round QB busts....even lately with Losman, Alex Smith, and possibly even Jamarcus Russell...then you can look at guys like Tom Brady, one of the best ever, wasnt even a top 5 round pick....No need to spend a top 3 overall on a QB when our Defense is this bad...

By the same token, at pick #3, there just aren't those big defensive players who could be worth that #3 pick. If we can't trade down, the only options for the Chiefs would be LT or QB. I think it really just depends on too many variables that have to occur over the next 5 months to accurately predict what's going to happen right now. But quite honestly, unless you take a LT, there really is no other option for the Chiefs at pick #3 other than a QB if you want to maximize the value of the pick.

That being said, the Chiefs would have to spend a boat load of money on the line in young free agents to fortify the line so that your $80 million investment isn't completely destroyed. I just don't see that happening. So, LT is the only logical choice at #3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast