Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrell Suggs

Default Terrell Suggs

I have always loved the Ravens D. And our D needs a leader...Terrell Suggs is going to be a FA. I would LOVE to have him leading our D. Thoughts?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R26q5IudxRc"]YouTube - Terrell Suggs Highlights[/ame]

It all depends if our new GM will be willing to spend $ and compete for players in the free agency. It Suggs is avail., then youd better believe there will be 30 other teams scratching and clawing for him.

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing us spend $$ on sexy players every once in a while.

Not to the extent the Cowboys do(T.O., Pacman, Tank, etc.) or anything, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    It all depends if our new GM will be willing to spend $ and compete for players in the free agency. It Suggs is avail., then youd better believe there will be 30 other teams scratching and clawing for him.

I honestly wouldnt mind seeing us spend $$ on sexy players every once in a while.

Not to the extent the Cowboys do(T.O., Pacman, Tank, etc.) or anything, but you get the idea.
    heh heh...you said Suggs was sexy!!

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Default hey all

i live in maryland trust me all the ravens d players are products of the system of course not ray and ed but all the other ones are all you have to look at is ed hartwell,,gary baxter,well demps,adalius thomas all got big paydays no nothing for there new teams

Quote Originally Posted by hayden2004 View Post
    i live in maryland trust me all the ravens d players are products of the system of course not ray and ed but all the other ones are all you have to look at is ed hartwell,,gary baxter,well demps,adalius thomas all got big paydays no nothing for there new teams
    I have to disagree. Adalius Thomas is a great linebacker. He went to the Patriots and gave them flexibility at the LB corps. Unfortunately, he got injured this season. But if he was still out there, their defense would be doing better. You can say what you want about those other guys, but Thomas is no product of the system. He may have moved from one great system to another great system, but his numbers were still up when he was playing.

While you may have a point that the Ravens have a great system, you have to look at the intangles. Suggs is quick, strong, tough, high motor, intense. Those are things that cannot be taught. I would say the Chiefs would be wrong to sign him if they are trying to bring him on as a LB. I could agree then that the Chiefs would be making a mistake, especially trying to get a 3-4 linebacker in a 4-3 defense. However, the intangibles I mentioned before would work perfect for a 4-3 DE, which is what the Chiefs would sign Suggs to do. It is not crazy since Suggs still has the frame of a DE and played DE in college. Plus, Suggs would be willing to go back if it means more money. I am usually one who says to get players who are not about the money, but more about the game. Yet when it comes to getting a young player who can be a star at DE, a cornerstone of the defense, the Chiefs take their chances with this guy.

To me Haynesworth seems like the classic playing for a new contract FA.

Suggs, and either Vilma or Dansby, preferably Dansby, would have an immediate impact on the D.

With the way Suggs is playing I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay right where he is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12