Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What If.......

Default What If.......

What if Denny Thum, the Chiefs’ longtime executive vice president, who is serving as interim president and GM, and is expected to be a strong candidate, is to be named president. Who he keep Herm or start fresh? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    What if Denny Thum, the Chiefs’ longtime executive vice president, who is serving as interim president and GM, and is expected to be a strong candidate, is to be named president. Who he keep Herm or start fresh? What do you think?
    Would He keep Herm or Start Fresh

If Denny Thum would be president and have to run the business. They'd still have to hire a GM. It would ultimately be the new GM's decision whether or not to keep Herm. I don't think retaining Thum would effect Herm's tenure because there's no way the Chiefs are going to hire Thum as the GM.

It's difficult to believe that Herm would be retained, but I guess stranger things have happened. Myself I wait the time that I hear, from a credible source, of his departure.

Most news sources are reporting that the new GM will definitely come from outside the organization. I think Clark Hunt will assume the President role until the team rebounds from this nightmare.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Denny Thum being retained as president would help Herm Edwards chances of staying dramatically. A new GM will obviously have an opinion, but it is Clark's decision and considering his relationship with Denny, I say this situation is strongly in Herms corner. If you guys think that the writing is on the wall for a Herm firing, your completly out of your mind.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Denny Thum being retained as president would help Herm Edwards chances of staying dramatically. A new GM will obviously have an opinion, but it is Clark's decision and considering his relationship with Denny, I say this situation is strongly in Herms corner. If you guys think that the writing is on the wall for a Herm firing, your completly out of your mind.
    I don't think Herm will be back. Not sure how a coach who's won 6 games in two seasons without real improvement comes back. That last game was a train wreck and sunk any chance at Herm returning. A new GM will want to start with a new slate and at the very least Herm and Gunther will be replaced.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    We are not out of are minds for thinking herm edwards will be fired. In Every storyline i've read so far about herm edwards on espn it's about the person on espn thinking he's going to be fired pending on who the new Gm is! And i sure as heck know that if the chiefs get pioli. herm is gone!

And it's not crazy also to think herm is gone simply for the fact that if his job wasn't in jerporady then clark wouldn't have said herms future will be determined at a later date and the new gm will have imput in it. If his job was safe clark would have said herm edwards will still be the coach of the chiefs next year.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    than we are doooooooooooooooomed if it is up to him. denny and herm are close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast