Thread: More on G.M. prospects... and Gun

Threaded View

Default More on G.M. prospects... and Gun

We all know the Chiefs interviewed Pioli, but I highly doubt he accepts the job. Pioli is lookin for a lot more than I think Hunt is willing to give up at this point. I think he has seeked out the opinion of people he trusts (Schottenheimer) and has a formula in mind which splits Peterson's duties. Pioli wants full control and I just don't see that happening.

On "1st and 10" this morning on ESPN, they said the Chiefs plan to interview San Diego's director of college scouting, Jimmy Ray for the GM position. That was confirmed by Adam Schefter of the NFLN, who also said he has confirmed entries of his own. Other than Ray and Pioli, Schefter says that the Buccaneers' Director of Pro Personnel, Mark Dominik and Colts VP of Operations Chris Polian are also candidates.

I've read around the net on Fox, ESPN, etc and apparently Clark Hunt's approach to finding his new GM is getting praise from around the league. The one constant that I've heard since the search began is that Clark Hunt is COMMITTED to continue building this team through the draft. If you look at the candidates that are being mentioned, they are all considered great talent evaluators and not necessarily shrewd business men which only reaffirms that notion.

There was also a report on Foxsports.com that says regardless of who the head coach is, Gunther Cunningham and his defensive staff WILL NOT be retained.
    Last edited by texaschief; 01-06-2009 at 12:29 PM.