Thread: Glad to be a Submariner

Cool Glad to be a Submariner

Hello fellow fans. I could also say it Konichiwa, Aloha, and Hafa Adai after my deployment where we stopped in Japan, Hawaii, and Guam.

About me: 17 years in the Navy, 3 to retirement. Currently on my fourth Submarine, the USS Ohio. I've been stationed in Seattle (Bangor), Pearl Harbor, Charleston, and Saratoga Springs NY. While in NY, I met my wife, we were married in April. Fiji is great if you have the time and $$, that was where we honeymooned. The Wife and I have a gorgeous Bernese Mountain Dog named Quetzal, whose coolest trick is to Purr (growl), along with whispering (soft bark).

Luckily for me the deployment that I just finished started at the *** end of August, and didn't end till Dec 22. So I Missed the ENTIRE season. It made it easier to pull in and look at their record, then to sit there and suffer thru the games. On a submarine, you don't get TV!

I always wondered why we grabbed Herm Edwards. He's not a Head Coach. His record with the Jets was due to what he inherited. Hopefully, the owners start to figure out that there are guys who just can't do the head coaching job. Others that fit in this group: Wade Phillips and Norv Turner. I was hoping that San Dog's choice of Turner might be beneficial for us. We see how that turned out.

My vote is to get Bill Cowher as our next coach. Since the Hunt family has always tried to keep it in the family, we should bring him back. I think I could also handle having Marty as the GM. I think Bill would feel more comfortable in KC than Cleveland due to history with the Steelers.

To the Chiefs Crowd. If you have pics of life on a sub, post them.

I'll dig around for some pictures that I can post. I don't have many since I work i the aft end of the boat

Give us a Chiefs Crowd Hi picture!
    But God bless you sailer's of the deep sea! I can not even wrap around my mind, how you do it! But I am proud of the job, You all do!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 01-06-2009 at 12:03 AM.

Welcome aboard! (little nautical punnage there)

Norv Turner is still reaping the benefits of the Marty-era in sandy eggo, IMO. Once Marty's work has time to deteriorate, I'm sure the chargers will be plenty crappy to illustrate the short-comings of Turner.

Sure, the dolts have made it to the divisional round of the playoffs in the last two seasons, but I still think they boasted more talent (at least talent in it's prime) under Marty when they lost in the wildcard round to the Jets in '05. (Everybody knows that Marty chokes with over-conservative play-calling in the playoffs.)
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Buck Rogers View Post
    Hello fellow fans. I could also say it Konichiwa, Aloha, and Hafa Adai after my deployment where we stopped in Japan, Hawaii, and Guam.

About me: 17 years in the Navy, 3 to retirement. Currently on my fourth Submarine, the USS Ohio. I've been stationed in Seattle (Bangor), Pearl Harbor, Charleston, and Saratoga Springs NY. While in NY, I met my wife, we were married in April. Fiji is great if you have the time and $$, that was where we honeymooned. The Wife and I have a gorgeous Bernese Mountain Dog named Quetzal, whose coolest trick is to Purr (growl), along with whispering (soft bark).

Luckily for me the deployment that I just finished started at the *** end of August, and didn't end till Dec 22. So I Missed the ENTIRE season. It made it easier to pull in and look at their record, then to sit there and suffer thru the games. On a submarine, you don't get TV!

I always wondered why we grabbed Herm Edwards. He's not a Head Coach. His record with the Jets was due to what he inherited. Hopefully, the owners start to figure out that there are guys who just can't do the head coaching job. Others that fit in this group: Wade Phillips and Norv Turner. I was hoping that San Dog's choice of Turner might be beneficial for us. We see how that turned out.

My vote is to get Bill Cowher as our next coach. Since the Hunt family has always tried to keep it in the family, we should bring him back. I think I could also handle having Marty as the GM. I think Bill would feel more comfortable in KC than Cleveland due to history with the Steelers.
    Hi Chief, welcome to our quiet, calm crowd. I couldn't do what you did on the submarine, I'm kinda claustrophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Buck Rogers View Post
    I'll dig around for some pictures that I can post. I don't have many since I work i the aft end of the boat
    What end is the aft end? Not the front, lol.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>