Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pioli our new GM ( Friday announcement ) ?

Default Pioli our new GM ( Friday announcement ) ?

I have heard that metro sports has said that we have agreed to terms with Pioli and a possible friday press conference is set to announce him as out new GM . Not 100% official yet but stay tuned . Should know in the morning !

wow this is great news..i actually posted that i had heard about pioli had already accepted an offer..and got people saying it wasn't a credible sourc and other bs because they love herm edwards..rest assure that if it's legit and he is the new hear coach i'm giving every herm edwards lover some talk tommorow about myself being right all along! i'm excited

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefstillidie View Post
    wow this is great news..i actually posted that i had heard about pioli had already accepted an offer..and got people saying it wasn't a credible sourc and other bs because they love herm edwards..rest assure that if it's legit and he is the new hear coach i'm giving every herm edwards lover some talk tommorow about myself being right all along! i'm excited
    I'd be willing to bet almost anything that the job was not offered to Pioli yet. Also, don't be surprised to see more than a 3 or 4 more candidates interviewed before the Chiefs choose a direction. I can't find where I read it, but I saw somewhere that the Chiefs have an interview lined up with Kokinis within the next week.

This Pioli stuff is complete BS. So, you're gonna have to wait a while to give the "Herm lovers some talk" a little while longer..

Anyone who backs a coach with a career record 20 games below .500 obviously doesn't know the sport. 'nuff said. Go cheer for the Lions if you enjoy cheering for failures.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    Anyone who backs a coach with a career record 20 games below .500 obviously doesn't know the sport. 'nuff said. Go cheer for the Lions if you enjoy cheering for failures.
    yeah i may be new to this forum but i'm not a noob when it comes to the chiefs..i've been bleeding red since the age of 3 and i am 26 years old now..i would know when it was time to get a new coach...exp right after winning 2 of your last 25 games

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Grade A douche bag...
    ...you speaking of Herm?

Herm who?

Mike Florio, PFT

As the Scott Pioli rumors/speculation continue in Kansas City, we’re told that none of the various media outlets working the story have bothered to ask a simple question of the team.

Are any press conferences scheduled?

We’re also told that no press conferences are scheduled, which undercuts the ever-expanding suggestion that a deal is close to done, and that an announcement is close to imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post

ain't that right...them herm lovers don't like it when you give opinions on herm the germ are savior of kc

Just got home and find this thread became a beast of its own. For what it is worth, as someone who has been playing football for close to 20 years, and coaching (although only on a youth level) for about 5 years, I have to agree with the idea that bringing in a new coach (if he brings in a new system) will probably set the rooks back a lot. Possibly set them back far enough to the point of frustration and never reaching their potential. Ive seen it happen first hand many times.

Yeah, I agree that Herm is not a great coach. He has horrible clock and challenge management. He has a poor strength/conditioning program leading to too many preventable injuries (soft tissue sprains, strains, etc). And he doesn't pick the best coaching staff in my opinion.

However, I believe he is a much better evaluator of talent than our previous coaching staffs have been. In a previous thread weeks ago I compared his drafts with the other years. Without counting the players who are still "developing," he has a better success rate.

I believe what the "herm lovers" you are chastising are really just making that argument. Herm is better at evaluating talent and still needs to be allowed to develop his own players. He was never given full permission to begin rebuilding until after the 4-12 season.

Go ahead, call me a "herm lover," I could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Just got home and find this thread became a beast of its own. For what it is worth, as someone who has been playing football for close to 20 years, and coaching (although only on a youth level) for about 5 years, I have to agree with the idea that bringing in a new coach (if he brings in a new system) will probably set the rooks back a lot. Possibly set them back far enough to the point of frustration and never reaching their potential. Ive seen it happen first hand many times.

Yeah, I agree that Herm is not a great coach. He has horrible clock and challenge management. He has a poor strength/conditioning program leading to too many preventable injuries (soft tissue sprains, strains, etc). And he doesn't pick the best coaching staff in my opinion.

However, I believe he is a much better evaluator of talent than our previous coaching staffs have been. In a previous thread weeks ago I compared his drafts with the other years. Without counting the players who are still "developing," he has a better success rate.

I believe what the "herm lovers" you are chastising are really just making that argument. Herm is better at evaluating talent and still needs to be allowed to develop his own players. He was never given full permission to begin rebuilding until after the 4-12 season.

Go ahead, call me a "herm lover," I could care less.
    Great job. I dont think that we had a problem with his Herm hating as much as the way he was presenting it, which was childish. I agree completly with your post and just like you said, this guy (Herm) has many flaws, but lets atleast see what his forsight turns out to be.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast