Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If Pioli is in, Is Herm out?

Default If Pioli is in, Is Herm out?

So, if Pioli is the new GM, will he or won't he keep Herm Edwards? What do you think?

Can't we all just get along?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs_a98AySNk"]YouTube - "Elephant and Dog Prove Best Friends " Too Sweet for Words;Just LOVE[/ame]

Herm is absolutely headed out. No one can expect Pioli to keep him around. Pioli has to bring in his own guy.

Herm will be out by tomorrow.

Does Oakland still need a HC? :)
    Last edited by jerhart; 01-13-2009 at 06:31 PM.

I wouldn't assume that Herm is gone. Stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I wouldn't assume that Herm is gone. Stranger things have happened.
    Oh I'm not assuming...I KNOW.

Herm will be out by tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    Herm will be out by tomorrow.

Does Oakland still need a HC? :)
    I believe Oakland are going to have 5 head coaches, plus be the first team to have a head coach who is also a player. So yes, Herm would be chosen to be the inspirational/losing coach.

At least that is my guess. Who knows what Al Davis will be doing this off-season. But I also agree that Herm will either resign or be fired soon, especially now that the Giants are no longer in the playoffs.

The decision to hire Pioli likely means Herm Edwards will not be back as Chiefs head coach next season. Among the top candidates to succeed Edwards is New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Bill Williamson that Edwards sent his assistant coaching staff home to await word on the future in light of the Pioli hiring news.

What I'm reading is that Schwartz and Ferentz are unlikely to be the next head coach. As it turns out, Schwartz and Pioli didn't get along in Cleveland, and Ferentz wants to stay at Iowa because they won their first bowl game in years.

Looks like Spagnuolo jumps to the top of the list.

There will be stiff competition if need arises for new Chiefs coach - Kansas City Star

ProFootballTalk.com - DON’T COUNT ON SCHWARTZ-PIOLI PAIRING

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    The decision to hire Pioli likely means Herm Edwards will not be back as Chiefs head coach next season. Among the top candidates to succeed Edwards is New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Bill Williamson that Edwards sent his assistant coaching staff home to await word on the future in light of the Pioli hiring news.
    The first good decision Herm's made since arriving in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    What I'm reading is that Schwartz and Ferentz are unlikely to be the next head coach. As it turns out, Schwartz and Pioli didn't get along in Cleveland, and Ferentz wants to stay at Iowa because they won their first bowl game in years.

Looks like Spagnuolo jumps to the top of the list.

There will be stiff competition if need arises for new Chiefs coach - Kansas City Star

ProFootballTalk.com - DON’T COUNT ON SCHWARTZ-PIOLI PAIRING
    Um, Iowa has one plenty of bowl games recently so I'm not sure where you got that. But anyway, I still don't think Ferentz will leave Iowa.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast