Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Are You Sure You Want Pioli?

Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Are You Sure You Want Pioli?

Brandon Spano - Chiefscrowd.comUnfortunately, this is the most exciting time for Chiefs fans…. The off-season. This is the time when our imagination turns all of our downfalls into next years success. Young players that were good this year, will be great next year. The ones who struggled, will reach max potential. Oh, and that top 5 pick who’s heading toward bust status? Don’t worry, he’ll pick it up, because after all, he’s a rookie defensive tackle and he’s developing. There is soooo many quality free agents and even though we never pick them up, this year will be different. We...

More...
    Last edited by Coach; 01-10-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Yes, I want him as GM!
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

This team is only as good as it's coaches. I think the writing has been discreetly put on the wall that Herm is gone with the arrival of a new GM. Rightly so. Rumor is Pioli wants a new coach and I'm willing to bet most of the GM candidates have told Clark Hunt the same thing. What GM would want to keep a coach with a winning percentage of .433 over 8 years? I'm ready for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff and a new GM. That is what this team needs.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    This team is only as good as it's coaches. I think the writing has been discreetly put on the wall that Herm is gone with the arrival of a new GM. Rightly so. Rumor is Pioli wants a new coach and I'm willing to bet most of the GM candidates have told Clark Hunt the same thing. What GM would want to keep a coach with a winning percentage of .433 over 8 years? I'm ready for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff and a new GM. That is what this team needs.
    Not if Herm has the internet.

Nope. I am sick of his teasing at this point. You either want the job or not. If you don't... Go away.

Next
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Its not Pioli 'teasing' its Clark Hunt making sure he makes the right decision for his team. Pioli isnt running the GM search~

Whoever the Chiefs hire as GM, they'll want their own head coach. Herm is as good as gone. The question is do you want a 1st time NFL coach from Iowa if Pioli comes aboard? With as young as a team as we have right now, I wouldn't.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

I'm happy he's not rushing this pick. Needs to make it soon, but it's the single biggest decision this organization will make for the next 10 years. So we have to wait in the dark for a week or two, who cares. There's more than one quality individual out there. We need the one that best fit us, not just the best one.

You can argue that Herm has qualities, and can regain his "Jets" laurals, but I don't think so. I've seen too many things that tell me he's not the best guy for us. One for instance, are his decisions around Gun. If you're not going to let this guy coach the D how he wants to, then why have him here. And if by chance this is how Gun wants to coach the D, then it hasn't worked so why have him here. We just fester in sub-performance.
    And honestly, we created the Spread because that's the only think our line can block for and our QB can work from. Is that how you really "rebuild" a football team? Do you take the guys you have, patch together something that they can do half decent, and build a future on it? Hell no you don't! If you're going to REBUILD, you need a road map, a strategic plan for the future. Where is ours after 3 years????? WHERE IS IT?

And let's say we pick up another 10 Rookies again this year, what will that do to this organization 3 to 4 years from now when we have 2 year stretch where they all become free agents? Does anybody think we'll have the cap to sign them all back right when they start to perform at an NFL level. No. We'll trade them or watch them walk away in droves and start all over. again. kill me.