Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

Default Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
    I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
    My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
    right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?

Hey guys. Chech your ego at the door. This is not the ESPN newsroom. The guy posted something he heard and was wondering peoples opinions on it. Get over yourself. No wonder the guy only reads and does not post here. He said right in his own post that he doubted it was true. Learn to read before you go off on someone.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-10-2009 at 01:25 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Hey guys. Chech your ego at the door. This is not the ESPN newsroom. The guy posted something he heard and was wondering peoples opinions on it. Get over yourself. No wonder the guy only reads and does not post here. He said right in his own post that he doubted it was true. Learn to read before you go off on someone.
    Positive Rep to Canada for saying what I was thinking when reading this thread.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-10-2009 at 01:25 PM.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    this guy is a farse. If you dont have a source that is reputable that you can link us to , then feel free not to post.Ok.TYVM!!!!!!!!!
    Give me a break. If these are the kind of posts that you are going to share, then I'd prefer you to not post.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Thank you Canada. Arrowcash for that kind of response.

Thanks for the info, CB.

Personally, I'm not too thrilled about the prospect of Shanahan tho. We need to fix our defense and I just don't think he's the right guy for that job. Remember, on reason why he got canned is he wanted to keep the d-coord that he had in Denver and I definitely don't want him bringing that guy in here.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

pioli would make an awesome general manager and shanahan a great coach sounds almost to good to be true

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    pioli would make an awesome general manager and shanahan a great coach sounds almost to good to be true
    I think there would be about 30 teams in the nfl that would die for that siuation.

I for one would like to see a Shannahan GM calling the shots installing a zone blocking scheme with LJ. I know he has ties to the longhorns through Kyle Shannahan, and if we could get Will Muschamp to run the D that would be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Longhorn View Post
    I for one would like to see a Shannahan GM calling the shots installing a zone blocking scheme with LJ. I know he has ties to the longhorns through Kyle Shannahan, and if we could get Will Muschamp to run the D that would be excellent.
    there is no way i would want him as a gm head coach yes gm hell no

I heard that he kept the D coord so that he would be fired, not that he was fired unexpectedly becuase he wouldnt let the DC go. Though, I wouldnt mind seeing Shanahan in KC, just look at his record, not only that, I would love for KC to stick it to the broncs~

Thanks for the post.

Anyways,

Maybe JUST Maybe Hunt is taking so much time to announce a new GM because he is trying to get ALL his eggs in a row?

Like he wants to announce about our new GM, HC, OC, and DC and so on all at once?

Also, the Rumor that came up earlier in the week (from the guy who use to be high up in the Chiefs) about Pioli being our new GM also talked about how Shanahan has contacted the Chiefs but he didn't know in detail what it was about.

SOOO maybe Clark Hunt is just doing everything and only wants to have 1 big press conference instead of having one every time something happens?

Would be sweet to get all these guys and hear about it at the same time hehe.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast