Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

Default Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
    I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
    My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
    right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    With CP as GM we have had a shot at anything for years! And Shanahan isn't much of a step up. His post Elway resume is pretty much the same as Herm's pre Chief's resume. They both blow and it's time for some new faces. If this year or next Cowher can be lured over, then great, but there's other good ones out there. Hell, I'd take Chan over Herm or Shanahan.
    OOps, meant to say We haven't had a shot at anything for years. Martini's kicking in.

please don't misunderstand, i believe both carl & herm need to go but if we wanted to get cower, we had a better chance w/carl still there. if we don't get paioli i would not be opposed to marty at gm w/cower as coach.

Except that Cowher has already stated he's not coaching in 2009, and I thought the Marty/Cowher thing had already been ruled out.

jb

We would be lucky to get anyone worth a shart at this time! I think Shanahan would kick arse! How many games has herm won us? 7 8 ya whatever....

Quote Originally Posted by Polleo Pit Man View Post
    We would be lucky to get anyone worth a shart at this time! I think Shanahan would kick arse! How many games has herm won us? 7 8 ya whatever....
    He's won us 15.... and lost us 33. unless you count pre-season, then he's lost us 44, oh and let's don't forget our one post season game, the one where we couldn't get a first down until half way through the 3rd quarter. I think that's about 45 losses in some manner or other. But I don't want Denver's recycled garbage either. F that! If he'd kick "arse" here, why couldn't he do it in Denver the past 4 or 5 years where he had total control to do anything he wanted to do. No Thanks!

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Personall, I dont think its that far fetched an idea that Clark might be talking with other HC's. Look at it this way. If your the owner (chairman) of a NFL team and your current HC's record has declined every year and someone with a proven track record calls you or becomes available why wouldnt you entertain the idea? I know I would. Why did Gunther get fired after 1 season as a HC? Because Carl's good friend Vermiel was becoming available. Im sure if I thought about it harder I could come up with other examples. I think it would be entirely possible for Shannahan to come to the Chiefs. He's a AFC wester for life!

...except for when he was the OC for the 49ers :)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Maybe instead of Marty doing a Parcells type of role Shanahan will be? He was the GM for Denver as well.

BUT this is probably wrong because I'm guessing Pioli would not want a person coming in to act like a Parcells type of person.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Maybe instead of Marty doing a Parcells type of role Shanahan will be? He was the GM for Denver as well.

BUT this is probably wrong because I'm guessing Pioli would not want a person coming in to act like a Parcells type of person.
    ????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Who is he contacting? Who is he talking to? As of right now, we have a head coach. We don't have a GM and our owner won't make head coaching decision without a GM and coincidentally likes the current HC.

I'm sorry, this just sounds bogus.

I will say this though. Shanahan doesn't get paid if he doesn't go out in search of new employment.
    Maybe they are consulting Carl Peterson. "What ever that is."

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast